Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many fills till your sweet spot???

I was banded on Oct 8th and have had 2 fills. I have felt very little restriction so far. My apt for my 3rd fill is Jan 6th. I am praying for more restriction. I have lost 33 lbs so far, but 15 of that was during my 7 day pre op liquid diet. I want to feel that "oh I have to stop" feeling that I have heard so much about. My Dr told me not to diet just to eat whatever I wanted as long as it was solid and stop when I am full. He said that I would be able to eat so little that it didn't matter what I ate. But I can almost eat as much as I could b4 my surgery. I need some motivation and some encouragement that I will soon get to my sweet spot.

it's not just number of fills but also amount of fill, and that is REALLY individual as to when you FEEL it... assuming you already know that but are wondering just in general, then I have had 3 fills and still don't "feel" it. I am eating less, though; at least family and DH say I am.

I am in the same boat as you are. I had surgery in Aug 2 fills already and have some restriction. I feel like I can eat and eat and I worry that I am eating to much. I see the doc on Monday and I am going to ask him how much I should be eating.....One thing I did notice is in the mornings I seem tighter so I drink a Protein Drink.< /p>

I still love my band !

I have only had 2 fills, but got 5cc in the first and 2 more in the 2nd. I have a total of 7cc in a 9cc band. I believe I've hit my sweet spot :tongue2: I didn't feel good restriction until several weeks after my 2nd fill... I had actually called to schedule a 3rd fill, then that weekend could hardly eat because I felt so full.

You'll get there, trust me!!

I was banded early August and have had 4 fills. Up until this last one, I was so, so discouraged because I could eat and eat and never seem to be full. The 1cc they put in me last week though made all the difference! I FINALLY understand what they mean by 4oz of food. I think I have 10cc's in a 14cc band.

I think I'm either at, or almost at, the perfect spot for me.

My fiance who got his band on the same day has had 5 fills and he's still not at the perfect spot yet.

So don't give up hope! It will happen!

One thing I did notice is in the mornings I seem tighter
I noticed that also after my 6th fill last Monday -- finally I have the restriction I was looking for. It took me 5 fills to have any reestriction at all and the 6th has finally done it. I've lost 3 lbs in 5 day and over Christmas at that -- with lots of sweets in the house.

This is such an individual thing! I was banded on Aug 5, just had my 4th fill and I am at 6cc on a 10cc band, and man can I feel it. I have only been able to eat between 1/2-3/4 cup of food each meal and I am full for about 3-4 hours. It is perfect. I know that I was tight with my 2nd fill for about 2 weeks and then everything really loosened up. I have had the same tightness for about 3 weeks now.

It is hard to get in all of the calories and Protein being as snug as I am, but I have to make each bite count! It is good for me!

I am currently at my sweet spot as well. I had 7.1cc in a 10cc band on 1-2-09 but had to go back and have 2cc removed because I was unable to hold anything on my stomach. Now, I am able to eat 3/4 cups of food per serving.

got my first fill on 1/7/09. I have a total of 5cc in a 10cc band. I thought I would be a least a little restricted but I don't feel it. I am more restricted than I was prior to the fill but not where I would like to be or think I should be. My dr. said the fill should last 6-8 weeks but if I stop losing to go in for another fill. He is aggressive with his fills which I do like. Personally I would rather have too much and get unfilled than not have enough and wait to get another one.

I'm hoping to lose some weight with this fill and not have to go in for at least 4 weeks. We'll see though.

i was banded Oct of 07..have just had my 7th fill..to a total 7cc in a 10cc band.

i for the first time have the knowledge of when to quit.i am back to eating about 1/4 cup and know i need to stop. it is different than before...it feels like something is stuck but not coming up.Just more of a tightness...

i ve never felt "full"in my life..it was either hungry or stuffed..so i don t recognize "full"

i ve only lost 55 #s in a year...but i m learning to take less and eat less..and have knowledge that i ll never eat pizza or bread or noodles or eggs again..and it s ok.i have had a life time of those foods.

but a new challenge is Cookies and deserts...they don t get stuck for some reason and are easy to eat.

my staple foods are mashed potatoes and soups....also not good to depend on.But they are easy and don t seem to get stuck.

our weight didn t come on in a year and won t magically go off in a year...i understand they are doing a 3 year study on the Lapband...so i figure in 3 years i ll be happy with my loss and set for life.

i need to lose 25#s more.

Good Luck to all here..........JoJo

Edited by JoJoBanana
additional info

I forgot to say~I always know when I really need a fill...1st sign is my belly is always grumbly.Even an hour after I eat i m hungry all the time.

When I m at a good level~i often have to force myself to go eat or my stomach burns.