Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shakes - Alternate to Magic Bullet

Thanks for the idea...someone had told me about the Magic Bullet but I about died when I seen how much it was. I will go to Walmart this weekend and get it. I like fast, easy and without alot of gadgets...I dont have the room ;)

I just knew ya'll would love this little thing. Everyone loves their Magic Bullets, but this is just a little alternative for those of us with limited cabinet space or that just need a single serving. I'm buying a couple more this weekend in case they stop making them.

Blueberry warning - carry whitening gum! I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror after my shake and looked like Violet Beauregard!

Has anyone tried putting bran Cereal in their shake yet? I'm waiting for your reviews since I really love it.

TRY TY TY I was on here looking last night to see what all ppl were doing for Protein drinks seen this thread and went and got the baby blender i think it is really going to be cool i am going to try to make a watermelon drink in it tonight

thanks for the tips I am trying to get everything figured out this week before my surgery on fri .. nothing like waiting until the last min

Ramona

Well i have a magic bullet and love it but want something for my office and dont want to spend another $50 on a bullet so i will try Walmart tonite.thanks. tomorrow is surgery.......

Is this what you are talking about?

Personal Blender with Travel lid

post-204009-13813132064745_thumb.jpg

Let me tell you how much I love my Personal Blender. We have a policy here at work that if you leave something in the fridge it will be tossed out over the weekend if not taken out Friday. Anyway I spaced it out when I left but remembered and came in early Sat. It was tossed out so guess who was digging in the trash for it.. I did manage to find it and will not be putting it in the fridge again.. LOVEIT

Penni, that was so thoughtful of you to post the pic.

Lisa, if that's the same one, can you put more than 8oz. in it?

My magic bullet only has the small cups & I refuse to buy the blender attachment. If I put 8oz of milk, Protein powder & frozen strawberries in it, it all doesn't fit! If it is, I'm running to Walmart--It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying that stupid blender attachment. The bran Cereal sounds great, I'm having big time issues with that. You all don't want to hear about my problem, but let it suffice to say that it makes me bleed a lot!

bumping -

But is the picture that Penni60 posted what everyone is talking about? Are there additional parts available (additional drink cups)?

Thanks!!

sounds awesome...I need to get back into the routine of making shakes for myself again..how did I get away from it? THey are so good tasteing and so good for me esp the ones i make with mangos and peaches...YUM CITY!!!

I am so glad to see that you are doing well with it Lisa!!!

See you all in Vegas in AUgust!!!

I love to share my smoothie recipe with people, so pardon the hijack. I got it from a gym DH and I went to in college. It is the best smoothie I have ever tasted, and I know you will like it too.

2 bananas peeled, broken in half and then frozen

1 cup frozen strawberries

1 cup plain yogurt

2 cups 100% apple juice

.25 cup wheat germ (optional for additional fibre)

You can add anything else to this. I usually add some more frozen mixed berries, esp .5 a cup of frozen blueberries. They are sooooo good for you. You can also substitute POM pomagranite juice, but that can get pricey. POM is extremely good for you though.

The key is for all the fruit to be frozen. This allows you to blend it all without having to add ice and Water everything down. The yogurt is a great way to get dairy Calcium and Protein. The fruit is all natural and healthy of course. the wheat germ I like because it adds Fiber and a littl crunchyness to it all. It also helps to fill you up and keep you full for a while.

Put your juice, yogurt and bananas in the blender. Liquify. Add other frozen fruit till blended and liquified. Then add wheat germ. Pour and drink. It is a fabulous taste, really really thick, and not watered down in any way.

Enjoy!!

Hi Everyone. What was the name of the other blender you got from Walmart? I know it isnt the magic bullet because those are about $60.00 Any ideas? Thank you all. Love reading and getting new ideas from all of you. Sincerely, Flashover 2 days post-op

Hamilton Beach, it's the pic that Penni posted. Even though I lost my band, that little gadget is still on my counter, and I use it all the time. Even hubby likes putting popsicles mixed with fruit in there, and we use it for gravy and sauces. Maybe I'll take this BUMP as a sign to have a shake! It was less than $14.00.