Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shakes - Alternate to Magic Bullet

I found the greatest little gadget at Walmart for only $13.88. It's a Hamilton Beach shake-maker. Takes up a tiny bit of counter space, and it's just for shakes. The Magic Bullet is expensive and comes with too many parts for someone like me who doesn't cook much. But this little shake maker is awesome because you use the mini-plastic-blender part to drink out of. Yep, you pop it right off the base, put the spill-proof lid on, and drink it on the way to work. It even has a sippy-slider to either sip or put a straw in. Now it's at work, so I wash it and toss it in my purse, ready for tomorrow. I love it, it's perfect.

Today's shake: 8 oz soy milk, mini banana, frozen blue berries and a couple tablespoons bran Cereal. Love it.

I have to check that out.. Thanks

I really need one right now - shake that is (with all the good stuff)

I started gaining weight when I gave up my shakes. But the glass part of my blender broke, so yesterday I bought canned shakes. 4 cans were $8.50, which motivated me to replace the glass for my blender. That's when I came across the Hamilton Beach gadget for less than $14.00. My favorite part is there's only the small cup and top to rinse out - much, much easier than a blender or a Bullet.

I love my magic bullet but this might be what I need at work. I love a shake in the morning but I don't have time in the morning to get to it. I will have to go and check it out. Thanks for the info!!!My Fav: Choclate Protien mixed with Milk, 3 strawberries, sm banana, some crushed pineapple...yummy.

I got one of these a few weeks ago and I looooove it too! I use it everyday and it's especially nice when I travel because it's so small. It fits easily in an overnight bag and I'm all ready to make a high Protein Shake wherever I am. Plus you can't beat the price.

Today is Day 2 with my new gizmo, and I love it even better today. I'm buying several next time I'm at Walmart. I don't even use the little blender top that it comes with. I toss in my ingredients and plug the top with the sippy-cup-lid, and hit the road. At work, I add some warm soapy Water and swoosh around. Ready for tomorrow.

I am going to have to get one of those for sure! I don't drink a lot of Protein shakes because I just don't have time to drag the blender out every morning or even at night and then who wants all that mess to clean up. That sounds perfect, especially for someone like me who works a 12 hr shift at a hospital. I could even take one to work with me and keep it in my desk in case I want one at work!

Thanks for the info!!

Oh and FYI for everyone - you all may already know this, but I have discovered that I wasn't losing because I wasn't eating. It seems when I increased my calories I actually starting losing more. Who'd a thunk it? LOL

Donna, today I have a medium-size handbag, and the cup fits inside zipped up with no problem (and it's already clean for tomorrow's use.) The tiny base fits in the silverware drawer. I'm thinking back to when I was blending my cream Soups in the big blender, and this would have been much easier. Bye-bye, big blender!

And, if you stick to the program long enough, the weight does come off! Congrads to you.

Yeah, you know the All Bran Cereal that comes like in spaghetti noodle form? I toss a handful of that stuff in my shake. I happen to love bran cereal, and it makes the shake really thick and very filling. Sometimes I add raisins, too.

I too just bought one last night. I have been looking at the Magic Bullet but I just figure there are sooo many cups and only one me. Also the price is just too high for me to accept. I got my mini blender last night and used it today, just loved it. When I was first getting ready to be banded I saw one of these at a Walmart I dont shop at, (out of my area) and I did not get it right then. Since that time I have been looking for one and they are always sold out so I was very happy to get the last one at this new walmart I went to. I give it two thumbs up!!

I still love my Magic Bullett, can't fix just one shake when the grandson is here, also the extra cups/mugs, keeps me from having to run the dishwasher everyday, LOL.

Will I got my gadget from Walmart yesterday and tried it today and I love it..

Made me my protien shake and drank some of it on the way to work with out wearing it on me.. I would love a magic bullet but cannot afford it and of course I do not have alot of counter space to work with..

Thanks Lisa:)