Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded 11 days ago...woohoo!

Hey! My name is Carrie, I am 25 and was banded in Monterrey, Mexico on July 14th. I have only lost about 6 lbs. so far, and there is quite a ways to go (about 90lbs)! I live in Maryland and am finishing my Master's at UMD (go terps!). I feel I am able to eat pretty well now, soft foods and such....I'd love to hear some other experiences with weight loss and eating with the band in the first weeks, because I am too hungry for just liquids.....tongue.gif

Go slow and try not to go crazy with trying harder food or carbs. I went too fast and was rehospitalized because I was graviting toward the harder mushies too soon. PBing in the very beginning is not good. You need time to heal.

good luck to you

I, too, have been hungry on the Clear Liquids since being banded, and I am only 4 days post op. Yesterday I had some vegetable Soup broth. but then I took a couple of tablespoons of the veggies/noodles and mushed them up and mixed them in the broth. Today I am very worried that maybe I have caused slippage of the band! Could you comment? Has anyone else not exactly followed the clear liquid diet?

I too am just 4 days out of surgery. I'm not doing to good with just bouillon/broth either. My husband made tacos for the kids for dinner last night and the smell was driving me crazy. I sucked the taste out of a couple of pieces of hamburger then spit the meat out. I know that sounds disgusting, but it HELPED a lot. At least I got to taste it. I've also had very watered down Tomato Soup and so far so good. I'm sick of the freezer pops and sweet stuff.

Welcome! Hang in there! The liquids will be over before you know it. I rushed it too & paid the price of severe pain & panic! It passed, but I didn't do it again! :cross-eye The mushies will be like heaven!! I was so sick of broth though. My Mom bought me some Soup bases (chicken & ham). The ham was like nectar from the Gods! She also bought me some Knorr boullion cubes & they were far superior to the other stuff. Those 2 things made the liquids more tolerable. My doc made me stay on liquids for 3 weeks for some reason.:P Good luck! & Best wishes!.......Jess:banana

Carrie,

No way were you banded in Moneterrey on July 14th!! I was banded on July 15th by Dr. De La Garza. Who was your doctor? I feel the same way as you do about the food. I actually feel so good that I feel I could eat anything and be just fine. I've eaten some things I probably shouldn't have here in this third week, but I also chewed them to death and drank much Water. Like someone replied to you earlier, I hope I didn't do any damage. I want to get my first fill so I can see if I'll feel that full feeling. I know we shouldn't eat out of control and follow a regimen, but if I could do that so well I wouldn't have needed the band. I'm not sure if I'm going back to Mexico for my fill or staying here in Texas. I did find some doctors who will do it here. Can't wait to hear from you and what you have to say.

Angie

Guest christina,r

my,name is christina,I was banded on june 14 in mexico by Dr.Ariel Ortiz

my first three weeks of liquids was hard but once i was able to eat I had no restrictions i felt as if i could eat anything.so I scheduled an appointment for my first fill.ever since i got my first fill i feel like i cant eat anything without it getting stuck.is this normal?

Guest kat257

I was banded aug 1 by Dr jose rodriguez in acuna mexico. I'm down 9 lbs. I have been feeling good but I'm still on antibiotics. Yesterday i did more running around and was tired and hungry i had a Protein Shake. I was trying to go to a party last nite but

decided against it I like my drinks. Anyway my Protein Shakes help plus plenty of Water

i want to eat this elephant---I want success at weight loss finally one pound at a time.

It's a diet IT"S exercise. I live in bowie Maryalnd and would like to know about fill

doctors in the area. I feel i can do this.

I do enjoy this forum

HI everyone;

I am still in the waiting process..my paperwork was sent to my insurance company BCBS PPO, on August 2nd...I am praying I will get approved.

I was wondering...why do alot of people go to Mexico? Is it cheaper or something?

I would value anyones input...........

how long did the insurance approval take..anyone else have BCBS PPO?

cathy

Hello Cathy 1102,

I went to Mexico because our Military insurance recently changed and the new insurance company would not approve me to have the surgery and yes you are right it is much much cheaper there. Here it would have been anywere from 17,000 to 23,000 and in TJ Mexico I paid 9,500 That included the procedure after care and a three night stay at a 5 star hotel. Good luck with your insurance company. Mine sucked!

Eddra

Hi everybody, I am awaiting approval from my insurance company. I am very excited about the entire process and absolutely can't wait for it to happen! I am also glad I found this forum, it seems like a super place to find support and guidence once I have my band in place. Keri