Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Minkin's patients

I got banded yesterday by Dr. Minkin at Des Peres Hospital. He is a super doctor. I feel terrible right now but thats only what is to be expected. Once the pain Meds kick in Woo! Hoo! The next few day will be bad but as long as I expect that I will be O.K. Even with the pain I am having I would'nt change a thing. I think the worst time is 3 days before surgery and thinking of how good I am going to feel and look next summer is my motivation to succeed. :shades_smile: Lets get a group together. Roy

Welcome Roy,

I was banded by Dr. Minkin Aug. 7th. I too like him a lot. The gas pain was the hardest for me, get up and get moving. It helps with the gas SO much!!!!

Good Luck and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

The only problem I had when I was banded was the gas pain. The meds did not help with that. Otherwise things went well and very please. Almost 18 months out.

Chris

Hi Chris and Shelly, I had my first fill about 3 weeks ago and it was supposed to be done in the hospital but Dr. Minkin decided to try to do it in the office. Everything went well after the second little stick and I got 2cc. At first I could tell a differance and since then I have lost 5 lbs which is good for me. I havnt really changed much on my eating habits because I dont eat fast food and do-nuts anyway, just healthy stuff. But I have noticed my Portion Control getting much better and since I spent over 16,000.00 of my own money on the lap band, I have a just another good reason to make this new tool work for me. I am very pleased but ant wait for another fill in a month or so. Hope you all are doing good to. I understand Minkin has a support group that meets once a month at the hospital, I want to get involved with that and we should all get together and socialize a bit and share a good few laughs together. Lets keep in touch. Here is my personal E-mail roy4345@sbcglobal.net

Roy

Thats great Ray, glad to see you got it done in the office. I wish he would do it more like that than going to the hosp. all the time. I know he does unfill in the office.

Chris

Hello all,

I got banded 5 days ago on April 2, 2009. So far so good. I am VERY excited. (wish I could stop trying to burp tough!)

Russ

Hi all,

I was banded by Dr. Minkin on 1/26/08. I weighted in at 305, today 5/16 /09 I'm at 203. I give some a of credit for my sucess to Minkin's approach to this program and his vigulance during f/u. He is commeted to the sucess of his patients, but he never lets you forget that you are responsible for you

Hi , I'm a big fan of Dr. Minkin, Des Peres Hospital, and the lapband. It was the best decision I have made for myself in quite a while and I was a self pay. I was banded in Dec. 08. Since my first visit to Dr. Minkin I have lost 86 lbs. I have not set a number goal but I still have at least 100 lbs to go. My main goal was to get healthier. It definitely is a life style change...I have so much more energy, mobility, and a positive attitude adjustment. I'm just getting over two unrelated to the lapband health issures and need to get back on track focusing on what I'm eating and exercise. Dr. Minkin was extremely helpful and made sure when I was hospitalized that I was taken care of. I have attended the support group meetings at Des Peres Hospital the last three months...I have to miss this months due to my kindergarteners graduating that night and I will be at the podium calling out their names. I really wish there was more frequent meetings...It's just very helpful hearing from others that have been there. Hope to be able to meet some of you there sometime...

Take care and I hope everyone is doing great!

Here's to a healthier life. Deb

P.S. Russ3, I hope you are still as excited as you started off being....Hope you are tolerating your newly introduced foods well and following all our new eating rules...I still struggle with getting all the Water down...but everyday I start over with that 64 oz as my goal! I'm cheering for your success!

I will get banded by Dr. Minkin this Wednesday. I have a friend who has been very sucessful with his program.

I'm excited, but quite nervous. :party:

Artiva,

Good luck on the ninth and you can be confident that you'll be in good hands. Dr. Minkin has assembled a very good team. I have been a patient for a year and have nothing but great thing to say about the process that I've been through.

Atrivia, I know you're getting excited plus a little nervous but just keep busy tomorrow. Make sure you have the foods (liquids) that you need. My favorite was from GNC chocolate Caramel whey Protein Shake. Dr. Minkin and Des Peres Hosp. has been great to me and I'm sure it will be the same for you. I will be thinking of you and sending you all my positive thoughts and prayers. Good Luck! Deb

hi! im new here but i was just banded by dr. minkin on July 16th. So im 7 days out. So far ive over the top pleased with him. He is excellent! How is everyones sucess with his program?

Congrdads,

I been a patient of Dr Minkin for about 15 months. I weighted 304 when I started the program and now I'm at 203. I am 6'2'' so I have almost reched my personal t my goal. I lost 90% of my weight in 10 months and I feel great! Good luck and if you have any questions let me know.