Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cali Bandsters Unite!!

dose any one have western health advantage insurance . my question is they want me to go to 6 months of execise and diet classes to resubmit for approval dont know what to do

bethlarry,

I'm in the same situation with my HMO (HealthNet). They require the same 6 month diet. I talked with my Doctor and he issist that due to the complications from the surgeries the medical industry had to start becoming more strict on who they allow to have it done. The 6-month diet is to weed out those who just need a little medical supervision to lose weight. Also, once you jump through all of those hoops, you will learn to appreciate the lap band and respect it.

-Prebander

I live on the SF peninsula, Dr. Cirangle did my surgery 18 months ago. It has been a complete success. I have about 6 bandsters that I get together with locally. We have lunch occasionally and talk on the phone. Dr. C. is mainly doing Verticle Sleeve Gastrectomies now. A friend of mine went for the band and had VSG done by Dr. Cirangle. She is doing great.

Laura

Hey Laura! Where do you guys usually meet up at? It would be great to meet with other "banders" that are going through the same thing. I live in Oakland---not far from SF :)

-Amanda

Hey Amanda and Laura, I live in San Leandro and would like to get together with others in our area for support. Let me know when ever and and where ever. It would be great to have a support system close. Good luck to both of you and to all Cali Bandsters

I'm 4 days post-op and I'm doing well. I was a bit feeble for the first few days, and somehow I sprained my left thumb. Pain is not an issue, and the gas has subsided. Today has been my best day so far.:clap2:

Hi Desiree!! Just wanted to let you know that I was just banded by Dr. Liu on Feb 13 and I'm feeling great. :clap2: Good luck on your banding! You are in great hands.

I live in Riverside and will be banded in Bev. Hills March 23rd by Dr. Liu :mad: