Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cali Bandsters Unite!!

Guest Kelleyseeking

Hi all, I am originally a southern california girl born in Glendale. I also lived in receda, valencia, castaic lake, etc... Now I live in Humboldt County. On the 4th I am going up to Oregon to talk to a sergeon about my various options. I would like to get a lap band. I am not sure my insurance covers them. They may only cover the RNY. However I think that getting a band to start is probbably safer for me than moving a bunch of organs around.

Either way I am scared but I need to regain my life.

Welcome! I also think the lap band would be a much safer option.

Good luck on your journey. I hope all works out for you!!!

Hi everyone! I'm from Yorba Linda, California... I had my band put on last Friday, and I too am having a tough time with the clear liquid diet!!!! I also have some pain where the port is. Is this normal????? And most importantly WHO AND WHERE IS Dr. BILLY?????? I keep hearing about him. I was banded in Tijuana due to my low BMI, but I am contemplating trying to find a local doctor for my fills. Any suggestions? If it doesn't work out, I'll just drive back across the border for my fills and oggle Dr. Huacuz again.... That man is gorgeous!!!!!! AND I'M HAPPILY MARRIED!!! The girl who had her surgery after mine came out of her anesthesia swearing that she had just been operated on by the "Chip and Dale" guys!!! It was pretty hilarious.:couch2:

Hey there! I believe Dr. Billy is in Ventura.

I'm 2 days post op and I still hurt, but I think that's normal. I'm not on Clear Liquids but all liquids, but I'm having trouble getting enough into me as it doesn't go down quickly enough. I've only managed 1 Protein Shake, 18 oz of Water, and about 1/2 cup of clear broth so far today. I'm about to call my dr. and see if this is a problem.

Hi everyone! I'm from Yorba Linda, California... I had my band put on last Friday, and I too am having a tough time with the clear liquid diet!!!! I also have some pain where the port is. Is this normal????? And most importantly WHO AND WHERE IS Dr. BILLY?????? I keep hearing about him. I was banded in Tijuana due to my low BMI, but I am contemplating trying to find a local doctor for my fills. Any suggestions? If it doesn't work out, I'll just drive back across the border for my fills and oggle Dr. Huacuz again.... That man is gorgeous!!!!!! AND I'M HAPPILY MARRIED!!! The girl who had her surgery after mine came out of her anesthesia swearing that she had just been operated on by the "Chip and Dale" guys!!! It was pretty hilarious.;)

His name is Dr. Billy Helmuth he is in Ventura. He is very nice from what I have heard. He would have been willing to take over my care but I have the SGAB so it is not leagal here but... he did referm me to another Dr. If you need a band buddy I am close I am in Riverside and I work in Corona.

Holla if you need anything.

SF Bay Area here, I live just south of San Francisco and that's where I had my surgery.

Yay to see some signs of life on the California board!!

Looks like just Vera and me from up North!

Hi! I'm in Fortuna just south of Eureka..(north coast) Great little town!!!

I'm in Eureka (up by the Oregon border). My surgery will happen after the first of the year. I'm diabetic, and was told by my surgeon that I must get my blood sugars under better control before she will operate. And more power to her; I like it that she's tough and uncompromising.

So for now, I'm still in the research (and pre-op dieting) phase. You're right, it IS nice to have you all right here in the same state and just a keyboard away!

-- KJ

Hi! KJ I'm in Fortuna I was banded 2/2 in Greenbrae(Marin County)by Dr.Feng I have an appt. tomorrow. He is with laposcopic assco. of San Francisco but has a satellite office in Eureka on Harris st. that is where I will go to get my fills. Good Luck to you!!! Tina

Hi all, I am originally a southern california girl born in Glendale. I also lived in receda, valencia, castaic lake, etc... Now I live in Humboldt County. On the 4th I am going up to Oregon to talk to a sergeon about my various options. I would like to get a lap band. I am not sure my insurance covers them. They may only cover the RNY. However I think that getting a band to start is probbably safer for me than moving a bunch of organs around.

Either way I am scared but I need to regain my life.

Hi Kelley, I'm in Fortuna I was banded on 2/2 in Greenbrae(marin county) by Dr. Feng he is with Laposcopic Associ. of San Francisco but has a satelitte office in Eureka that is where I will go to get my fills and checkups.He is a great DR. Good Luck to you...Tina