Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post your NSVs

I saw Roheryn's NSV post and thought it would be fun for us to keep a running thread of our NSVs, to me they are more exciting than the scale moving! I didn't want to hijack her thread so here's a place for you to post if you want to join, here's a couple I've had lately:

1. Couple weeks ago I realized as I was walking that my arms were swinging freely, not brushing my hips!

2. I shrunk out of my size 24 jeans a while back but my size 22 jeans were also getting way too big so I went in last week to buy 20s, and they were also too big! Same brand same style too, I was so excited, I'm in size 18s for the first time in years!

3. In waiting rooms I used to always search for a bench or an armless chair and have a mini-panic if there weren't any cause I knew I could squeeze in but would be very uncomfortable and have that 'all eyes are on me' feeling. Today I was waiting for my mom in an appointment and realized I was sitting comfortably in a regular sized armed chair, I had sat down in the first chair without even thinking about it or looking around to find one I would fit in.

I can cross my legs with my leg hanging freely!

Airplane seat was not tight and the seatbelt fit!

Size 18 pants!

I feel thin!

I ran my first 5K!

I can see my toes!

- Size 16 clothes. and realising I really need to go and buy a smaller pair of jeans as all mine are actually too big!!

- Actually getting checked out by guys! or even better flirted with! HAHAHAHAHA (it really does make me laugh)

- Getting compliments from people.

I feel so superficial :lol:

- Being able to get a ring off my finger that has been stuck on it for a few years!!

My size 14 jeans were too loose so I went out yesterday to buy size 12s. :wink: They're a little tight (think muffin top) but they do up no problems. :)

The older guy my hubby works with is teasing him about how all the guys at work are now drooling after me now! LOLOLOL!

My husband's arms overlap each other when he hugs me.

Two ladies at work are having lapband surgery over Christmas because I am apparently 'a walking advert' for it.

I just realized this morning that I weigh less than what my driver's license states.

I guess it's a scale victory instead of a nsv but I just had to share. I am so happy!!!!

Woot for the driver's license! I know I'm still nowhere near the ficticious weight on mine *blush*

but... I can now walk up the stairs at a quick pace without breathing heavy!

i've had a bunch of these lately...

- having EVERYTHING in my closet fit!

- giving away all my size 24s, 22s, 20s and 18s

- being in a yoga class and being able to keep up with a very vigorous 30 minutes of sun salutations

- being able to cross my legs

- being able to see the muscles in my chest

- being able to walk into most stores and find clothes that fit

*finding old clothes that fit well now

*driving with my dog in my lap in any position now that she has all the room in the world between my steering wheel and my belly

*looking hot at a Christmas party.

*trying on things at the mall and not crying...things are actually starting to fit...wow

*..and the strangest. Complete strangers who are co-workers coming up and talking to me and complementing me.

Congrats to everyone I am so glad everyone is doing so well!

Much love!

1. Crossing my legs comfortably.

2. Buying size 12 clothes and having them fit (down from Womens' 22).

3. Going to a clothing outlet for scrub tops and pants, picking up some medium of each (down from 2x), and when trying them on at home discovering the pants are too big! I took them back and actually tried on a small at the store because I didn't believe it. Believe it! The tops are still medium but the pants are small!

4. Wearing formfitting tops and pants and getting COMPLIMENTS!

5. Stopping almost all the medicine I was on. We are trying me off my one blood pressure med to see if I can stop it long term.

6. Walking 4 times around the nature trail (2 mile trail) instead of once or twice.

7. Packing up my old clothes and giving them to the thrift store. (BTW--I found a pair of size 12 Ann Taylor Loft jeans at the thrift store, hardly looked like they had been worn, kind of a brick red color. They were having a 50% off sale so I paid $3.49 for them. They fit like a glove and I love them! Thank you to whoever donated them.)

1) Went from size 30/32 pants currently wearing 26/28 but are very loose. (probably can fit in 22/24 but don't want to spend money yet!)

2) Went from size 4x/5x shirts now can fit into 2x/3x.

3) Can take wedding ring off (haven't been able to in about three years).

4) Off one blood pressure med. (2 more to go)

5) Crossing my legs

6) Don't see my stomach anymore when i look down just see my boobs!!

7) Getting compliments from others.

and the most important one:

8) My children tell me I look pretty and are happy that I am doing more activities with them.

Congrats to everyone on their NSV's.

May 19, 2008 Consult

August 27, 2008 Banded

Dec. 15, 2008 (70 pounds gone forever:thumbup:)

Last year my swim suit was a granny type, size 3X and tight. It was so much work to get into it was a workout in itself.

I just got home from buying a tankini, size XL!

Last year my swim suit was a granny type, size 3X and tight. It was so much work to get into it was a workout in itself.

I just got home from buying a tankini, size XL!

You go girl! :thumbup:The dreaded swim suit season, not too bad this year.

20 years ago I would have cried my eyes out over a size XL swimsuit, but now I'm celebrating! Funny how our perspective changes lol! I'm losing so fast I'm considering going back to buy another in size L cause I know the XL won't make it through the summer and you know how picked over the suits are by mid summer.

Edited by ShrinkyDink

This is a great thread, becsaue even when the scales don't go down there are new things that happen to us that we forget about.

I can cross my legs.

Most of my co-workers (and people who I don't know at work) are noticing that I am getting smaller.

I used to wear at tight 26 and now I wear a very loose 20, I think I am a size 18 but I am not ready to buy new clothes yet.

Since it has been nice weather, my daughter has been riding her bike after we have dinner. She rides quite fast and I have been running to keep up with her. I thought I would never, never run in public.

I have bought a new swimsuit and I am looking forward to swimming.

Keep posting and remember the scales don't tell the whole story.

* My husband can wrap his arms around me - I didn't even notice it, he did!

* Giving away all my 26, 24 and some 22 jeans.

* Fitting into all of my old clothes but one pair of jeans that were my favotire - and the pair I met my husband in 5.5 years ago.

* Getting into a pair of jeans I haven't worn in 5 years.