Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post your NSVs

Getting out of the shower and realizing the towel wraps ALL THE WAY AROUND!!!! YEA!!!!!:tt2:

Mine would mimic most of yours -

size 18

New (thrift store) clothes - I hadn't done this in years and I made myself wait until I could buy 18s. It feels good to have new clothes.

Cross my legs in comfort

BEST OF ALL - I fit into my husband's arms again!:tt2:

I can pick something up out of the floorboard on the car without opening the door and getting out! :tongue_smilie:

I can walk by a table full of food and not want some of everything!:thumbup:

I am almost ready to see my husband's aunt who called me fat about a year ago in front of a room full of strangers.:lol:

My daughter and I found the cutest boutique and I figured we'd only be buying things for her once I got a look at the adorable stuff in junior sizes S-XL. I decided to give an XL a try though just to see and OMG! I bought three sundresses! Granted they are too tight, but in a "yikes she shouldn't be wearing that" way, not in a "busting the seams and can't breathe" way. I wouldn't have been able to even put them on last summer without ripping something. They will probably fit me beautifully after another 20 pounds which will mean I'll have plenty of summer left!

I forgot the best one! I wore my original engagement ring (24 years ago) to church last Sunday. It is not lose enough to wear all the time but I am getting close!

I haven't had it on in 14 years. I think my knuckles are too big for the wedding band because it was always about a 1/2 size too small but we will see.

tutornmom, the aunt needs to be shot. Nice lady! <not!>

I just noticed this yesterday. I was sitting in my desk chair and DD climbed up and she sits on my lap and stradles my waist and lays her head on my shoulder. Well, her feet/ankles used to get stuck between my hips and the arms of my chair. Yesterday, there was PLENTY of room for her!! I was so shocked. I pointed it out to her. Of course she doesn't get it. She's only 2 (and 10 months). But I was excited!!

I also started walking the neighborhood on Monday. Couldn't get out there on Tuesday but I got out there everyday the rest of the week. DD in her stroller and the dog on her leash and up and down the hills. I need to drive it to see what it is but I think it's about a mile or so. It's a lot of work, I know that! Feels good tho and the most amazing thing? My Exercise Induced Asthma didn't kick in AT ALL!! Usually it doesn't take much for it to start up. Monday and Wednesday DH was home and went with us and he kept asking me if I was okay and if I wanted to keep going or go home. I was out of breath for sure but no asthma! I guess 50lbs makes a difference after all!

I jogged for 20 minutes without stopping. I didn't think I could go that long! I've been trying and trying to start running, but it didn't happen until today.

Now that I know I can do it, I can gradually start incorporating it into my workout and build up my stamina.

Here are two NSVs where I've taken insults as compliments!

• My son got bitten by a kid at daycare, and I went to complain to the kid's mother. In the argument that ensued, she called me a 'skinny cow'!!! I think I took the wind out of her sails by grinning like a Cheshire Cat at her 'abuse'!

• My dad hadn't seen me since Christmas, when I was nearly 8kgs (almost 18lbs) heavier. When I saw him this last week, he told me that I needed to stop losing weight because I'm starting to look 'wierd'!! He later admitted that he's not used to seeing me as a regular size person, and he just 'can't get used to it'.

Edited by lellow

This is a great idea!

* I can now shop in any store to find clothes! Was a 22w, now a 10/12.

* I used to weigh almost the same as my husband, now I am almost 80lbs less than him!

* I can exercise for longer than 10 minutes.

* I don't mind having my picture taken.

I love the NSV's

- digging through my closet and pulling out the size 16 clothes and knowing they fit perfectly now and are even getting too big

- throwing out the clothes from size 18 to 2 XL (that was even getting tight) knowing I will never be that size again

- knowing that for the first time in my diet history, I don't have to worry about regaining the weight

- gaining only a pound or two if I am really bad for a while then getting back on a healthy track and it comes off

- getting compliments on how great I look

- not having to worry about fitting into places like amusement rides, theatre seats

- wearing clothes that fit my new body and show it off instead of hiding under loose baggy clothes

- having a waist again

I LOVE MY BAND!

It is the best thing I ever did for myself.:rolleyes2:

It's a little NSV that made my day last week. We are interviewing graduate students that we have accepted and are trying to sell the program to, interviewing a total of 7 faculty candidates (two day affairs), and I have yet more grad students coming Monday.

The day that everything started, I was able to wear one of my pantsuits that I simply could not wear before my band. The trousers hung straight down instead of hugging at the thigh, the shell under the jacket didn't ride up, and the sleeves on the jacket weren't tight! I have four of the same brand of pantsuit and I've been wearing them like crazy through all of these "dress" days (we are a jeans-n-sneakers office.)

Now that I've got some restriction, I'm looking forward to rediscovering my clothes :mellow:

That is awesome, I think wearing clothes that were too tight before is the best feeling!

I have another to post, I joined Curves yesterday and last year there would have been no way on God's Green Earth I could have done that workout even though it's a relatively simple one. I did it without a hitch but still expecting to be sore today, but I'm not! I was going to skip a day between workouts while I got used to it, but now I'm not, I went again today!

That is awesome, I think wearing clothes that were too tight before is the best feeling!

I have another to post, I joined Curves yesterday and last year there would have been no way on God's Green Earth I could have done that workout even though it's a relatively simple one. I did it without a hitch but still expecting to be sore today, but I'm not! I was going to skip a day between workouts while I got used to it, but now I'm not, I went again today!

Good for you. I also joined Curves last week and I am trying to go 3 times a week. I also started walking again now that Spring is here and my neighbour and I walked around our country block which is 5 miles three times last week. I had so much energy last week after doing all that. I felt so much healthier. I am going to try and do Curves 3 times every week. Keep in touch. We can be exercise buddies. When were you banded? :huh2:

Good for you. I also joined Curves last week and I am trying to go 3 times a week. I also started walking again now that Spring is here and my neighbour and I walked around our country block which is 5 miles three times last week. I had so much energy last week after doing all that. I felt so much healthier. I am going to try and do Curves 3 times every week. Keep in touch. We can be exercise buddies. When were you banded? :huh2:

I was banded last August and used my pool for exercise until it got too cold. Since then I've been stuck because of foot problems and have gotten virtually no exercise all winter. My foot is finally enough better to handle Curves now and I'm hoping it will jump start my weight loss, I've been moving kind of slow since I haven't been able to use the pool.

You've made great progress already, so awesome!

You guys are so adorably awesome!!!

My NSV from last week: was on four different planes and didn't need a seatbelt extender on any of 'em ... even the tiny, little prop plane! YIPPEE!

You guys are so adorably awesome!!!

My NSV from last week: was on four different planes and didn't need a seatbelt extender on any of 'em ... even the tiny, little prop plane! YIPPEE!

SUPER YAY for U!!!:crying: