Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey everyone! I know it's been FOREVER and some of you don't even know who I am...

My husband's company dropped Kaiser in January and we now have Blue Cross--with NO lapband coverage. Lame. I was wondering if any of you have or know anyone who has had a fill anywhere else out of pocket? I need a fill BAD and am trying to get something scheduled. Any advice?

I'll post more of an update later but I gotta get the baby up from his nap. :)

Did you talk to Dr.Baggs? I thought they said once we had lap band we were covered for that for ever? Will they charge you?

Hey everyone! I know it's been FOREVER and some of you don't even know who I am...

My husband's company dropped Kaiser in January and we now have Blue Cross--with NO lapband coverage. Lame. I was wondering if any of you have or know anyone who has had a fill anywhere else out of pocket? I need a fill BAD and am trying to get something scheduled. Any advice?

I'll post more of an update later but I gotta get the baby up from his nap. :)

That info was crap, they told me that too. Whoever told us all that should be fired, lol! Dr. Baggs said that he can consult me over the phone on how I'm feeling or can transfer records to new doctors but that if we don't have Kaiser they can NOT treat us, even for a fee. Sucks.

I called around a bunch of places today and I think I might go to Dr. Machado at UCD Med Center. It's $500 to join her program but then only $100 for fills and $75 for no-fill consults...not too horrible for no insurance.

My Blue Cross PCP said they'll eventually cover Bariatric Services soon but she doesn't know when. Hopefully hubby's company will offer Kaiser again in the future.

Tina got a fill outside of Kaiser - you might check withher

That info was crap, they told me that too. Whoever told us all that should be fired, lol! Dr. Baggs said that he can consult me over the phone on how I'm feeling or can transfer records to new doctors but that if we don't have Kaiser they can NOT treat us, even for a fee. Sucks.

I called around a bunch of places today and I think I might go to Dr. Machado at UCD Med Center. It's $500 to join her program but then only $100 for fills and $75 for no-fill consults...not too horrible for no insurance.

My Blue Cross PCP said they'll eventually cover Bariatric Services soon but she doesn't know when. Hopefully hubby's company will offer Kaiser again in the future.

SORRY I MISSED THE WALK!!

PAT GOT YOUR VM LATE, SORRY I DIDNT MAKE IT TO SEE YOU =(

Hi everyone!

My name is Christine and I'm just starting my journey with all of this. I am not a complete newbie to the process, as I will be the 5th (!!!) person in my family to be banded. The others have had various degrees of success, and, not coincidentally, various degrees of commitment to actually lose the weight. One of the hardest things for me may be to put aside my preconceived notions based upon what I have seen of their experiences and focus on my OWN experience, no matter what that may be.

I have my info meeting at Kaiser in Vallejo next month. I live here in Vallejo and would love to talk to other Kaiser kids about what to expect from this process, though I've been doing a lot of reading already. My kaiser doc says she has no issue with referring me. my BMI is 36 and I have high BP and am waiting for my other tests to come back.

Now that I've made the decision to pursue this wholeheartedly, I'm SO ready to get the ball rolling. I look forward to getting to know the folks here!

-Christine

Welcome Christine. Every person's banding experience is different as we are all different. I agree just focus on your experience. I have been banded for almost 3 yrs now and I am still working on getting another 40 lbs off - I lost 60. Most of the time I have struggled has been my own fault - but I am ok with not losing all of the weight right away. Never before have I lost 60 lbs and kept it off this long. There are a few banders in the bay area on this board. Pam

Hi everyone!

My name is Christine and I'm just starting my journey with all of this. I am not a complete newbie to the process, as I will be the 5th (!!!) person in my family to be banded. The others have had various degrees of success, and, not coincidentally, various degrees of commitment to actually lose the weight. One of the hardest things for me may be to put aside my preconceived notions based upon what I have seen of their experiences and focus on my OWN experience, no matter what that may be.

I have my info meeting at Kaiser in Vallejo next month. I live here in Vallejo and would love to talk to other Kaiser kids about what to expect from this process, though I've been doing a lot of reading already. My kaiser doc says she has no issue with referring me. my BMI is 36 and I have high BP and am waiting for my other tests to come back.

Now that I've made the decision to pursue this wholeheartedly, I'm SO ready to get the ball rolling. I look forward to getting to know the folks here!

-Christine

Here's a new band support group that is starting this Thursday near the South Sac Kaiser. I am planning on attending - finally a support group on this side of town.

Support Group Meetings:

When: 1st Thursday of the month

Time: 6:30pm to 7:45pm

Where: Bruceville Terrace Skilled Nursing Facility Multi-purpose Room

Address: 8151 Bruceville Road, Sacramento, CA 95823 (on Methodist Hospital campus)

Who should attend:

Anyone who has had band surgery whether successful or not in losing weight and keeping it off.

Anyone who is considering having band surgery.

Mya Moore-Dudzik has graciously volunteered to lead the group meetings each month. She has participated and led band groups in the past. Mya had a band placed several years ago and has been very

successful in losing weight and keeping it off. Her passion is to help other band patients be successful and to create an environment that is open and honest about bands, eating, relationships.......whatever.

Randee Reidy, our Program Dietitian, or I will be at the meetings to answer any questions each month.

Pam

That sucks Christine! Is Dr Machado at UCD? She used to be at Mercy San Juan. I went to her orientation about 5 years ago but was told I had to go through UCD's program. The UC Davis doc didn't do many bands and said there was no way I'd lose 100 lbs with a band. So I told him I wouldn't get surgery from a dr who doesn't believe in me. I think I offended him. I'm so glad I have Kaiser now.

Hey all just wanted to say hello....I started working a month ago and have been so exhausted at night its crazy. My eating has pretty much sucked but I have lost a few. Got a gym membership again so that has me a little more motivated. I miss everyone and wish I could have made the walk.. maybe next time. Hope everyone is great!!!!

Glad to see you back on here.

I went to the LapBand Support Group at the Bruceville Terrace on Bruceville next to Methodist Hospital. A bariatric nutritionist and another person from Methodist were there to help us if we neeed it. It was a small group - 4 of us, but it was very welcoming and supportive. If you live out in the South Sac/Elk Grove area and are banded or planning on being banded, give it a try. It meets the 1st Thursday of every month from 6:30-7:45 pm.

Hey all just wanted to say hello....I started working a month ago and have been so exhausted at night its crazy. My eating has pretty much sucked but I have lost a few. Got a gym membership again so that has me a little more motivated. I miss everyone and wish I could have made the walk.. maybe next time. Hope everyone is great!!!!

Welcome Christine! Pam I will come to the next meeting with you.

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing well.

Here's a new band support group that is starting this Thursday near the South Sac Kaiser. I am planning on attending - finally a support group on this side of town.

Support Group Meetings:

When: 1st Thursday of the month

Time: 6:30pm to 7:45pm

Where: Bruceville Terrace Skilled Nursing Facility Multi-purpose Room

Address: 8151 Bruceville Road, Sacramento, CA 95823 (on Methodist Hospital campus)

Who should attend:

Anyone who has had band surgery whether successful or not in losing weight and keeping it off.

Anyone who is considering having band surgery.

Mya Moore-Dudzik has graciously volunteered to lead the group meetings each month. She has participated and led band groups in the past. Mya had a band placed several years ago and has been very

successful in losing weight and keeping it off. Her passion is to help other band patients be successful and to create an environment that is open and honest about bands, eating, relationships.......whatever.

Randee Reidy, our Program Dietitian, or I will be at the meetings to answer any questions each month.

Pam

Hi Everyone

I'm new to This forum

it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in;) Bz.jpgBz.jpggrey.pngBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpg

Hi Briana, i hope that's your name :-). You are most welcome to the group. We have a very supportive team here and wealth of information.

Reggie

Hi Everyone

I'm new to This forum

it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in;) Bz.jpgBz.jpggrey.pngBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpgBz.jpg