Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Becca. I thought I wanted the Band until I started researching it. I knew I would never have the RNY and it seemed the Band was out as well. As soon as I heard about the Sleeve, I knew it was my only option. I saw Dr. Baggs in December and he told me that he would not perform the Band or RNY on me.

I was six months out on Tuesday and it's been a great ride. I'm very happy with my progress. I do have to exercise around 14-18 hours a week to get the scale to move, but I have always been a very very very slow loser, regardless of the food plan.

I really like Dr. Baggs and the follow-up care I get from him.

Good luck in making a decision.

I take the B-12 sublingual every morning and my levels are excellent. I make sure to get in good Vitamins and even with that, some of my 6 month levels are low. I think it's pretty important to stick with the Vitamin routine as recommended. That's just my 2 cents.

Hi everyone!

I went and saw Dr. Le yesterday and he didn't understand what Dr. Fisher was saying either. He told me he would do the surgery for me, lose 16 pounds and come back in a couple of months. He also had me schedule my psych eval which is next friday. He sent a note to my pcp to make sure someone followed up and got me set up with a cpap because he wants me to be on it for 2 months prior to surgery.

He told me to "keep" drinking the Protein Drinks and when I told him Richmond doesn't allow that he was shocked. He asked me twice "even right after surgery?" I told him exactly what Liz said and he had no idea who she is. So, starting yesterday I have two shakes a day and then dinner.< /p>

WTG Stacey, congratulations!

I have 1 shake a day, sometimes 2. I'm glad that your doctor is supporting that for you! :biggrin:

Yeah! Stacey!!!!!

Wow this is sad where is everyone? I remember when this thread was a baby. Like page 1. And we were always on the first page, with the most views and hits. Why isnt anyone posting?

Everyone doing okay?

Have a good week everyone!

Hey everyone!!! All is well here. Looking forward to seeing you all soon, I hope!

Just wanna say thank you all.

Ash...I read some of your post on the sleeve site and its so refreshing that all the things i have worried about are things you did as well. I am set on the sleeve.

Need to get moving and into surgery soon :)

Wow this is sad where is everyone? I remember when this thread was a baby. Like page 1. And we were always on the first page, with the most views and hits. Why isnt anyone posting?

Everyone doing okay?

Hi Nicolie! I miss you. How's my little Auds?? Not so little now, I'm sure!

I am mourning the loss of my prior support groups all around, this one included! I am a culprit of this. We MUST get going again ladies, WE NEED EACH OTHER! I know that our new lives are busy, but it's important!

When's the next Vallejo walk? Not September 11, but another Sat I'm THERE

Hey Riley!

Im a culprit to and I would love to get our group back together and get us all to goal and into maintenance. Ive done the maintenance thing for a year now lol. Im ready to head back down the scale:)

I would love to do the walk give me a month notice if possible or 3 weeks and ill be there!

Oh and Auds is almost 3 and she weighs about 38 lbs, and wears 3-4t clothes, shes my lil smart mouth copy cat giant!:)

I agree - we should be better about checking in on here. I don't know where everyone went - maybe the sleeve people are getting their support from the sleeve website?

I am eating hummus and baby carrots right now - not a big fan of hummus but I'm trying. I have not been journaling and hence have not stayed on track very well. I am on track so far today and I realize that I need to prepare measured quantities of the right foods so I can just grab them. I am on a 1200 calorie food plan now so if I follow it I should be able to lose this last 25 lbs. I walked a mile this morning at break before it got too hot. I am up for a Vallejo walk - just pick a weekend and let me know.

I am still here, just been busy. I am going to try and make it to the meeting this Saturday. Hope to finally meet some of you then.

Sherri :)

Pam Ive been doing bad with journaling also. I have been working on eating more fruit as Snacks, and lowering my intake to twelve hundred also... i did awesome for a week, lol then yesterday goood till i went BACK to work!!! They had GOLD FISH, oh shit. i tried 10.. ok that was downhill from there oh well. Back on track today, all ive had is an orange, and two eggs mixed into a salad and on top of crackers. I am a lil hungry but i know ill be up late and i get hte late night munchies, so im good.

Where is Candra and Tina, and Donna? And goodness, everyone?!

Sherri, i wont be making it this sat.. wait a a MIN! Is the kaiser meeting on Saturday???

I am actually shockingly off this saturday.......