Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Sorry to hear of all your stress Riley. Hopefully they will see that you are a good candidate for the trial as you are so motivated. When are they supposed to give you the answer?

hey there everyone marking my spot, he he.

I called to get on the appointment list for a fill of course they don't have anything until Sept. my one year post op. wow I can't believe its been a year.

looks like everyone is doing good, John, Mo, Ash wow 189. You too Pam i'm really happy for you all. I'm just getting back from another vacation. I'll be home for a while so I have no excuse get it together. I've got to loose another 10 lbs by the time I see Dr P.

Riley I'm sending positive thoughts your way. Donna, Tina, and all the new people I don't know take care.

Just wanted to stop by and send a hello to Pat ~ I have been thinking about you alot, hope your doing well!!

Cukmunster ~ Not sure your name...I switched from Fisher a few days after meeting him, and it was the best thing I could have done. I felt very un easy with him, and did not want him to preform my surgery. Good luck going forward, maybe you can change?

Thanks Tamara, I am off work tomorrow so I figured I would call and try to get in with someone else, so we will see.

I was thinking about telling them I wanted a second opinion or something like that.

I am so done with Kaiser. I was about to leave work to head to Vacaville when I got the call about canceling my appointment for the third time. This is getting so old and its very discouraging. Now I have to wait till the 13th and I have to drive to Richmond from Sac. At this rate I will not make my goal of surgery in December. I also had to clear the time at work. The only good news I have is that I am down 16 lbs since orientation. Also they switched me to Dr Baggs.

I just got home from Dr. Fisher's. He says he is not comfortable doing surgery on me because he is afraid of complications from other surgery and because when I had a stomach flu a couple of months ago, I had to have fluids and phenergan. It doesn't make sense to me, but that is what he said. I have to stay on the 1200 cal. and get weighed every two weeks and then go back to him when I have lost 12 lbs, but I don't get why he wants to see me again.

This makes me worry a lot. I had a major abdominal surgery about 6 years ago for my cancer in which they had to remove one of my kidneys. The surgery is called a RPLND The Testicular Cancer Resource Center RPLND Page.

I hope I am considered otherwise this is all a waste of my time. My BMI is at 47 and I have been overweight most of my life.

You will like Dr Baggs so that is a positive.

WHen I started out with orientation they were overbooked and I didn't get an appointment when I left. They told me they would call me. I waited about six weeks with no call and finally I started to call them........I got a cancelled appointment in two days. Had to take off work last minute.................but I did get in because I called alot.

I also got lucky cause after the psych appointment Dr. Baggs had a last minute cancellation so I walked right into my surgeon appointment the same day.

After that I had surgery in 3 months. Could have been sooner but I went to Africa for a month. So once it finally does get moving it goes fast.

Now that I am banded I would think they would hestitated to do other surgeries. I know I have scar tissues especially at the port site :-(

Edited by swrktp

My new favorite treat......Mango Crystal Light Slurpee's!!! They are so so good!

Yeah!

Hey Riley so sorry to hear about your house!! Hopefully the move in with Chris is a good one. Thank God your kids are grown that is blessing!! :-) But still losing your house is very hard............

SPECIAL K LOAF: Oh wow I love that stuff I haven't have it since that day at Reggies. I might make some of it this weekend. Problem is I like it with mashed potatoes and peas. I will have to find a replacement for the potatoes.........maybe Canda's mashed cauliflower!

Oh anyone every try Cold Soup.......so good in the summer. I know its a slider but it all vegetables so it can't be to bad...........V-8 juice (I get low cal or low sodium) A little bit of olive oil and than you shred cucumbers, carrots, celery, green onions, sliced tomatoes.........any veggie really!! put in in the fridge for awhile...........ah it is so, so good!!

ok I am hungry......didn't eat much today!!!

ALI careful on the slurpees............I used to be addicted to them as well. I did a bit of research and because if some anti freeze agent they use they are high carb!!

I still get them once in awhile but I was shocked what they put in them. I think there is also just a bit of carbonation to make them stay slushee.

But geez I am so craving one right now it has been ages.....if I can find my old research I will post it.

Sadly someone broke the news to me after they saw me drinking them everyday.

Hopefully I didn't ruin your day!! :-(

Edited by swrktp

K all, here is my latest - I officially have a complication! The most common one - it's my gallbladder. I have had issues with nasea bloating and some pain, but intermittent. Since I lost the weight. Well Monday night I had a full-blown, all-out, MUCH worse that labor gallstone attack!! OMG, I have never been in such pain in my life. I could not sit, lie down, walk (well I tried, but the pain would drop me), crawl, or get comfortable in any position. I could not breathe in OR out. It was excrutiating, and it last for 4 hours!!! Ay caramba, I never ever want that again!

So now I'm waiting for my ultrasound to see how bad the stones are. I may or may not need surgery; if I have another attack then I do for sure but for now I am on SUPER low fat diet which is insane - 25 a day, no more than 5 at a time!!! WTF? Thats almost impossible! So I have to eat carbs - plain rice, plain barley, nonfat dairy (I cant eat wheat) fruits and plain vegies. one meat substitute a day, and no fats! Well you'd think I'd lose, but in the 3 days I have been on this diet I have GAINED 5 lbs!! Part of that may be from the gallbladder I dont know. I am SO frustrated! Also they want me to eat 5 times a day, not 3 times . . . .aarrgghhh!!!

Anyone else have gallbladder disease post-loss?

Wow Riley that doesn't sound fun. It may be better to just get your gallbladder removed if you could continue to have episodes - even one a year would be too many for me.

I wouldn't worry about the 5 lbs - it could be due to inflammation. I eat 6 times a day with the program I am on - 1200 cal a day but spread out over three meals and three Snacks.< /p>

I just called and requested a second opinion. The lady who answered the phone told me I might have to go to Fremont or SSF. That's fine with me, but she is going to call me back and let me know for sure.

Riley, I am so sorry to hear about the pain you are in, hopefully they can get you fixed up soon!

I just got a call from SSF and I have an appt on Aug. 18th with Dr. Le., so hopefully I can get a better explanation or he will work with me.

Hi er'body! Wow no posts in almost 2 days. You all must be having fun!!!