Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Breaking News: Many of us have commented about how rude the Wii can be when weighing ourselves. Well today I weighed myself and FINALLY I’m not in the obese category! Funny the Wii never made a comment that I’ve broken out of the obese category. As many know when you first use the Wii fit it makes sounds while it blows you up on screen to a larger Mii.

Eight pounds to Onederland!

How is everyone this Sunday? Off to work for me…

John, that's awesome!!! Eight pounds to go! Wii fit is RUDE, LOL LOL!!! :rolleyes2::tongue_smilie::w00t::tongue_smilie::w00t::tongue_smilie:

Way to go John! I am so happy for you!!!

YAY John!! I have to shed another 9 pounds to make it to "overweight". I can't wait to join you there. Many kudos to you for working your sleeve!

Congrats John! It makes me wish my boys did not break my Wii so I can hear the same thing lol!

Wow, John. That's great! Keep it up! You deserve it!!!

Thanks Ali, Stacey, Lee, Ash and Mo!!!!

Lee - Richmond called a couple days ago and setup my six month phone checkup and labs. I can't believe it’s been almost six months!

John, time fly's!!! It's been three months for me but they haven't called for any follow-up. I pretty much advanced my diet myself but am curious for some lab work.

Ali - I had to advance myself as well but you should email your doctor and ask about the three month follow-up and labs. I recommend asking for a telephone doctor appointment so you don't have to drive all that way. I went to Kaiser Lincoln and did the labs and weigh-in. I recommend doing the labs a week before the doctor appointment. The lab work they do for us is about 7 vials of blood and some results took almost a week to come back.

Congrats John............I would say after meeting you last week that the WII is totally wrong you don't look overweight at all!! :-)

Just got back from the Lake.........it was a really hot one today and the sun tired me out.

Back to work and court tomorrow :-)

Tina - Thanks very much! But have you ever looked at the BMI guidelines? :wub:

I spent some time tonight playing with the numbers on a BMI calculator site. It says I should be 127-171. I was 140-180 in my twenties but 127 holly anorexia! I’ll be very happy with 180.

Good Monday morning my peeps ~

Went to the orientation for the Kaiser bobybugg clinical trial, ther are like 100 patients who want to participate and they are taking only 25 (!). In the session that I went to, after trying REALLY hard to weed people out ("if you are going out of town at all during this trial, don't sign up", etc), every single person was still very interested in being a part of it. We even each had to write something about why we should be picked to participate - ugh, such competition! I can only hope that some don't meet their criteria! I'll know if I'm in by the end of the week - wish me luck! :wub:

Scale's not budging. BIG time financial stress; I am just starting to accept that I'm going to lose my house . . . . grateful that my kids are grown and I managed to keep a roof over their heads for all those years without a single dime from their father. Still . . . losing my home means losing all the financial independence that I worked so, SO hard for, for so many years! I know I'm not alone - it's just uber-stressful. It also means I have to move in with Chris and that is bringing its own set of stressors. I think I'll call my EAP today and see about some more counseling. Too bad I'm so overwhelmed at work right now, it's a bad time to take off even a couple of hours for an appointment. Ah well, when it rains it pours!

My Christian friends - please pray for me to be more open to God's guidance in all of these matters . . I am SUCH a control freak! Thanks ;)

Good luck Riley, I know I would love to have a bodybugg!

John I can't imagine you at 127, that would just not work I think. You are doing great!

Riley, to bad we couldn't all write letters of support for you as we know how hard you have worked at this and you would be an awesome candidate. Sorry for the difficulties of your home, I know it means a lot to people to own a home but during these times its to damm stressful. Good thoughts and blessings going your way.

I felt like eating carbs this past weekend and it was a struggle. I did eat some pretzels and other stuff I usually don't eat so I need to refocus. I just can't have that kind of stuff in my house--period!!!

Have a great week everyone!

Riley – Sorry to hear about the house! Sending positive thoughts your way! Best of luck with bobybugg! What a cool trial I hope you get in!

Thanks Stacey!!