Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi All - just checking in quickly to say HI. Been busy with work and family visiting from out of town. Like Jess - too much to catch up on so I am just jumping in.

Pam - your ticker #s look great - this new program has really gotten you going. Don't stress about Robin - you are losing weight and trying to get to your goal and work on your food issues. That is what counts.

I went back to my liquid diet from the Fresh Start program this week and dropped 5 lbs. I needed to get off the sugar and see the scale drop - it hasn't done so in months. My goal is to stay on it for 1 to 2 weeks with eating Protein and veggies for dinner on the weekend. Psychologically I just need to get out of the 190's and feel a little progress.

Jess - good to see you back. How is Candra? I am up for a Vallejo walk. What if we were to try for middle of August - like 8/21 or 8/22?

Lee - you are amazingly dedicated. I am with Pam that 650 sounds too low and your body may be really slowing down. I bet your son will up the intensity of your workouts not the time. Riley was similiar to you and then realized she couldn't add more time and actually needed to cut back because she wasn't doing other things in her life that were important. She started uping the intensity by working on the treadmill - faster and with steep incline. Her workouts shorten but she got good results.

Everyone else - hope you are doing well. Lots of new sleeve gals that I haven't met yet.

Wishing everyone a good healthy week - with lots of good energy.

Pam I think you'll be fine with Robin. Your dropping weight and having success and that is what is important.

Pat I agree on the jump starting the weight loss. I need that too. I psychologically need to get below 200. I am doing the pre op for awhile and measuring everything again. Ounces and cups!! LOL. I found out I can easily eat a cup 1/2 protien and 1/2 veggies. We are suppose to only eat 1/4 is what I was told so I am way off.............I guess I do need my next fill. I didn't realize I was eating so much. I was paying attention to calories not ounces and cups. I hope this new focus works.........

Happy Weekend all!! Hot one here in Sacramento!!

I know they said 1/4 to 1/3 cup Protein 3x a day for us bandsters, but when I told my doctor is the weight loss program at the Elk Grove Kaiser that, she said it is not enough calories to remain healthy and that I need two Snacks a day. Can you imagine only eating 1 cup of food a day for the rest of your life? Not me - hence I want some taken out of my band.

wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me get back on track

Friday was a very bad day, could not keep anything down, not even Water

Today on the other hand was much better, I am hoping this is the start of better days to come..

and Ali yes I do have the carafate and it helps but does not seem to all the time..

again thanks everyone for your support, it means a lot

Hi.......Just checking in. Hope to see you all soon.

Hi everyone

Sheri, I am glad you are doing better. It's one day at a time but hopefully you have turned the corner and each day you will be stronger.

Lee, man you are one person full of willpower! You keep working hard and the results are going to come. You are doing great. I also use myfitnesspal.com and it really has helped me--it's easy to track food, excercise and weight--thanks for making that suggestion.

Today I hit the 70 pds lost mark! Halfway to my goal! I am very pleased with the loss and losing it any faster would be hard as I can't keep up my clothes...lol.

Looking forward to Saturday, there are many of you I have never met!

I have yet to get myself into full diet mode but I think I have kicked caffine. Today is my first day with no caffine and all I had was a mild headache in the morning. With kicking caffine I have quit soda. I was drinking 1-2 energy drinks per day(220 calories each), and on average 3 cokes a day(140 each). I have aso been watching what I eat but I have not done the diet they gave us at orientation.

They changed my appointment to 11am from 9:30am. That made me excited because traffice of course sucks but then I just got a call and they just changed it to August 4th. I am bummed because I want to get everything moving. My goal is to have my surgery in December because I get a week off for christmas. Also I am done with school in November.

That sucks that they changed your appt date! Congrats on giving up the caffeine. I am doing pretty well with that and with following the pre-op diet plan. I have only strayed a couple of itmes, and not horribly. I am having a hard time getting all the veggies in. I have never eaten veggies at lunch so that is a challenge. I had a little bit of popcorn at the movies last night. We went to see Inception and I was so sucked into the movie that I didn't have much. I probably won't let myself have anymore after that.

Good luck on getting on the diet, it's really a lot easier than I figured it would be. And I have found a new love in plain chobani greek yogurt with SF Torani syrups. English Toffee with Blackberries is awesome.

I just saw Inception on saturday and of course I ate too much popcorn and drank too much soda. When my wife and I saw the movie we got d-box seats. They where so cool. They move to the action of the movie and it made it like a ride at disney land but 2 hours long. They only have the seats at the palladio in folsom. I can't wait to see tron when it comes out in these seats.

D-BOX / Movie Theatre

No caffine was hard for me--I tried all the Decaf teas and so forth but they weren't doing the trick; once I went to decaf coffee life was better! I started drinking decaf and the headaches stopped--just a mental thing I'm sure but whatever works is good for me!

Stacy, I am not a veggie person either that why this diet works so well for me--not a big salad person either and this diet doesn't focus on that stuff so its great. I found myself just eating my Protein lunch meat wrapped in raw spinich! We come up with some good concoctions!

Keep it up! It will all become second nature after a few weeks.

I like the idea of wrapping it in spinach, that would make it a lot easier!

I have never heard of those theater seats before, but there is one in Petaluma. So we will definitely try those! I bet it was super fun watching in that. And yeah, Tron is a must-see...especially in those seats!

I've never heard of those seats either but that sounds so cool. I think I am going to plan a date night! Thanks for the idea.

Hey peeps, happy Monday! Way too much to read; markin' my spot as 'yall say :)

My 30 year high school class reunion is this Saturday in Walnut Creek!! OMG I'm old, but you know what?? I'm not embarassed! I think I look just fine, thanks. I would have liked to drop 20 lbs, but hey . .

oh my gosh, do you know how normal that is to be in the "I want to lose 20 lbs" group of women?

Life is good my friends ~ I'm in love which does NOT help with weight loss - but helps my heart :biggrin:

I got a call from Kaiser too today - they changed my appt from 11:30 am to 1:45 pm this Thursday, but they didn't change the date. Dr. Im must have had something come up in the morning.

My 30 yr class reunion is in October in Glendale AZ but I don't think I am going. Can't think of anyone I have to see - I only recently reconnected with them via Facebook.< /p>

Happy Monday all....

Just checking in. NOt to good of a weekend too much wine and hanging out with friends. Did walk the bridge a few times so I'm on my way plus I ate good very low carbs, except the wine.

I won't be able to make it this Sat I have a hair appt.