Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Pat I'm not going to make it to the WF group tomorrow - I have 2 parties tomorrow one starts at noon and I still have to clean my house, and buy shoes to match my gold dress!

post-247906-13813138969025_thumb.jpg

Ah Riley why didn't you tell me about the vodka?? I know that tight feeling but I think I had three or four days of that before I said forget it.........I tried pineapple juice which sorta works. I have been thinking and I think maybe I got something stuck too the last time I got so tight. BUt it felt like it was stuck for days.........anyway I know, when I get to tight like that I just want to be home cause it HURTS!!

Lee I still wonder about the sleeve and if this band doesn't work out I am considering that. I hope this is my last episode with to tight. BUt I have done research and have thought about sleeve. It was not offered when I had my surgery. BUt I do think failed lap bands often have the sleeve. I am just hoping that this band will work cause I don't want to have another surgery!! SOrta did not like meeting the elephant in the post op room!! ;-)

Have a great weekend all. Candra when are you gonna get a fill if you miss next week??

Vodka and JOGGING, Tina, lol! Seriously, before I "jogged" it loose I would not have been able to keep that diet cranberry w/splash of vodka down! 4 hours was ENUFF for me. I was starting to think that I had a slip or something, because I could not possibly be too tight, I am down 10+ from my last fill back in September - and it was only 1/4 of a cc! Then presto, as fast as it had started it left. It sure did feel like being stuck, tho - and swallowing a golf ball, LOL

Goodnight! Sweet dreams

gotta remember that. I tried alot of things..............I think I was stuck. But how do you know if your to tight or just stuck?? one can lead to the other.

Obviously I didn't do more than walking cause nothing burst loose!!! LOL.

Nicollie and Tamra metamucil after surgery is a no-no. I use the Benefiber and take some everyday. WOrks like magic and the orange ones aren't to bad. The MOM doesn't work for me I don't know why. Maybe I didn't swallow enough. Awful stuff. But last time I wait for two days and it didn't do anything. TMI I know. I thought the MOM was for emergencies!! LOL.

Cranberry juice. WOw you better have a bathroom close. I think it cleans the kidneys out and than starts running straight through............

I am so hooked on this cranberry thing right now.......got some more today.

Good Morning!

Tina, there are a lot of people over at verticalsleevetalk . com that have had the band to sleeve revision. From what I've read, it's better to have the revision before a slip or erosion as that makes it more difficult to revise. There are some that have the band out, then have to wait months until they are healed enough to be revised. I don't know what Kaiser does about revisions since the Sleeve is still so new there. Who knows what problems might arise with the Sleeve, ten years down the road.

Riley, I'm so happy that you're feeling better today.

So this cranberry juice, I know it's no sugar added which is great, but what's the carb count? Could someone please check for me? Thanks!

Any Oakland (or close) people on this board? I'm always looking for someone to walk with.

Have a fun Saturday everyone.

Hi Ladies,

I went to the Fremont WLS support group last night. every post op there was RYN. One of the post-ops runs a yahoo group for the Fremont Kaiser WLS group. She said that they have 2 sleevsters in the group but they were not there for me to ask questions. She said that there is 7 years of research for it in the US though and I am going to ask her to help me find that information before I make my mind up. Also no one there was banded. Of the pre-ops that where there, no one wanted the band, it was all RYN and 1 person who was set on the sleeve.

It was awkard, I was the youngest there and I was asking so many questions! LOL!

I'm going to the Antioch one on the 23rd. When is the next one in Richmond?

Lee- The Cranberry Pomegranete juice is 2 carbs and 5 calories. I watered mine down and only used half of the recomended serving size too. I am so happy for you :thumbup:

Oh and they did not have a scale at the meeting! LOL so now I have to wait till my surgeon apt on Wed. I want to lose a few more lbs by then... Suggestions?

Hi Ash,

I'm not surprised that most of the people at the meeting were RNY. I pay close attention to those that are still attending meetings. I have a feeling the people who are not following the program as written, might have more trouble getting/staying at goal, and don't show up as much to the support groups. Keep asking those questions. That's what the meetings are for.

The next group at Kaiser Richmond is on the 16th, but that's the day of your surgeon appointment. The Richmond room is filled with both pre and post-op people. A few men but mostly women. Richmond is 95% RNY as well, but you have to remember that Kaiser didn't start offering the sleeve until November so there's not many out there. More will start showing up.

As far as dropping some pounds, I really slashed the carbs and calories. Last week I was eating 1000-1200 calories a day. I do best losing at 1000-1100 calories a day. I did cheat and drink the Pure Protein 110 calories, 21 gr Protein Drinks from Trader Joe's for Breakfast which helped me keep my calories down. Dr. Baggs told me to knock it off and eat real food. The food plan before and after surgery is the same for all three surgeries. They don't want us using supplements like Protein Shakes and to keep it real.

Let me know how I can help you!

Just checking in - been busy baking - made 170 Swedish Heirloom Cookies - 72 are for a cookie exchange I am going to tomorrow and the rest are for my parents and us for Christmas. I only ate one. I also got all the presents wrapped and four loads of laundry done. My back is killing me. My kids are at my mom and dad's house.

I put Benefiber in at least two of my waters each day - I use the unflavored one and it works well as long as I get my Water in. Yep, Metamucil is not allowed after banding and too much MOM can harm your system - it tastes so nasty it would have to be a medical emergency before I would drink it again. yuck.

I'm guessing Kaiser won't do any revisions unless you have a problem with your band? I definitely have more restriction when I get nervous or anxious - I had lunch with my daughter's teacher yesterday at school and I could only eat 2 tempura shrimp - was too afraid I would get stuck and he doesn't know I am banded so pbing would not have been cool.

Hi everyone. I am just about to bake some Cookies too. Ieont be eating any, darn it I'm still on mushies! I so want a cookie. I bought this realy good broccoli cheese Soup from Panera..it was so Good. I could eat a little more than before now I scar myself..I hate to feel what being stuck feels like. Have a good saturday everyone.

Hi everyone~!!

Didnt do well today, not BAD like I could, I still slowed down.

Breakfast - 1 Venti Latte

Lunch - roast. chicken breast/wing with salad (ranch) and 1 piece of pita bread

Snack - 1 venti latte - and here's where I messed up.....1 slice of gingerbread bread from Starbucks....

Dinner I don't know yet~

Hi everyone sorry i hadn't posted in a long time. I just really need to ask some questions and hope you guys can help me. I had surgery on October 26 and about to be almost 7 weeks post-op but Dr. Fisher keeps canceling my post-op appointment. So far he has canceled 3 times had that is really annoying:cursing:! I was told that after surgery you are supposed to been seen 4 to 6 weeks post op but I don't even know when he will see me now. Has this happen to any one else? Is this my surgeon fault or does Kaiser Bariatric dept. do this a lot to other patients? I don't know if I should change my surgeon. Also I had a question about fills. About how long after surgery do you usually get your first fill:bored:? Well thanks to everyone that writes back and I hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

I am still lost, explain the cranberry juice someone please!

Good Evening everyone!!

Pat: I do eat the fruits and veggies so I dont know why i am having a hard time going. I am going to try the benefiber and see how that does.

Tamra: You are doing good girl.... just think about what you could be eating ya know. I actually went to breakfast this morning because I wanted French Toast and I know I wont be able to eat it so I splurged, but had a good dinner. Keep posting what you are doing we are not here to judge.... Your kicken butt!!

Lee: I am so happy for you!! I wish I could get my other appointments in while im on the 1200 cal but Dr. fisher makes you get to a mini goal before I can... Oh well more motivation to stay on plan hahaha. I am really close to my mini goal so no worries. I too am cutting out the carbs starting monday so hopefully that will help knock off these last few pounds... YAY movin along..

Hope everyone is staying nice and dry. I was out in the rain today xmas shopping but I love it!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend all!!

Nicole - I am gonna finish off with a salad....I automaticly thought hmmmm I can finish this night with pizza since I messed up....then I thought STOP DUDE!! re-start at this second!!!