Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

LOL.... I can picture us in our overalls livin on the land hahhahah =D

and doing our own fills!

gotta get up & out - time to pick up my niece from school - got to get her to a doc appt today

will chat later ladies & john

Happy Friday!

Hi Everyone,

I've been busy since returning from NY on Wednesday so haven't been around to post much.

Pat, it was great to finally meet someone from this group. You're as nice in person as you are online.

I put on 5.2 pounds during the week I was away. Just makes me want to be all the more careful with any carbs. I'm happily down 3.2 of those pounds this morning since going back to very low carb with no sugar or grains etc.

Hey, if there's going to be a compound, I was one of the original "back to the land people" and had a huge organic garden, canned and froze all our food. Picked berries and wild asparagus, getting milk for cream and butter at the dairy down the road, so count me in! :wink2:

Afternoon all..........

I want to Vacaville this morning and got a fill!!! Yea!! Turns out Dr. Baggs was counting 209 as my last weigh in since that was my last fill. My weight in the ER doesn't count. So I was down 10 pounds and got a fill. I have to be down another 5 to get another fill in January . I only got 1cc but I don't want to go any faster than that cause I get to tight if we go to fast.......

Dr. Baggs did say NO bread. I told him I could eat bread and he "but why are doing that your not suppose to eat any bread." I thought it was ok if it was wheat and went down. He said NO.

I showed him the protien shots and he said they won't likely pass Robins approval. He said 60 grams of protien was not needed. He said that was to much that I am probably ok at 40-50grams.

So I got all my labs done today. He said he wants to see what my protien, Iron, B12 and a bunch other stuff is to see how I am doing without eating meat.

So anyway it went well and I am back home and headed out to Arco Arena now to hang out with my good friend Donna............Can't wait!!

So glad I didn't cancel. Has anyone notice the people as Kaiser Vacaville are not to friendly?? Or was it just me??

So on liquids today and starting to work on the five pounds RIGHT NOW...........no more last minute stressing out cause I am not down enough.

20 more pounds and I am at a healthy BMI!! I can't wait!!

GO TINA! So glad you got a fill! Hope I will get one too. I'm going to keep my appt and see what's up.

Lee - sounds like you would be the perfect compound president!

Good Job Tina!!!!!!! =D Thats AWESOME!

Candra ~ Girl I didn't know you lost your job? What happened? Unemployment is HORRIBLE, the wait was so long, but I finally got some checks this week and the back pay was enough to pay everyone I owed. Horrible. Xmas is canceled here too, trust me. I got my daughter maybe 6 things, and I told everyone else I am sorry but I can't this year. Thank god my Kaiser cobra is only $134/mo. Have you gotten on that yet to keep insurance?

Hi ladies,

Real quick!

Liz, I don't know what you're talking about...You'll be the only chick in the overalls....I on the other hand...will be wearing hott shorts or a super dress. No overalls for me... LOL!!! I do dig the compound tho' maybe we will save some damn money.

Tina-congrats on the fill. See, you didn't need to cancel the appt. So how much do they typically want you to lose to "qualify" for your fill???? That is, since we have to "earn" it??? Ha ha!

Tamra, unfortunately, I will not be able to go in the am....I have my step-daugher plus my 2 babies this weekend.... We will get together real soon....

I am trying to get to the Dec 16 meeting in Richmond....Anyone interested???/

Hey there everyone I guess everyone is out and about. I'm so tired I can't wait until next tuesday last day of the exam I'm giving at work, but i wanted to check in.

Riley's doing Jello shots???? LMAO

Congrats Tina, glad you got your fill I bet this is just what you need.

Be strong Liz everything will work out just give it time. In the meantime keep your eye on the prize.

It's a trip Iv'e been feeling tightness in my chest and throat. I'm glad but why all of a sudden just before I go for my fill I feel my band? weird.

well whatever everyone is up to have fun and enjoy you're evening.

Monique - it's okay, I am super busy this weekend :wink2: but I will be at the 16th meeting if you go!

Hi all - wow you don't log on for a day and 3 pages fills up!

Lee - I know the decision process is really hard. There is so much to consider. I have found the more I listen and read the more if helps me learn and consider. I wish you well in the process. My motto is 'is doesn't matter how we lose this weight as long as it comes off and we get healther!' It is so nice to meet people in person - it makes the connections so much stronger.

Liz - you asked about what I meant on the 1200 cal by limiting my non-fruit/veggies carbs. I follow the 1200 in the book, but for the 3 carbs you can have (1 at each meal) the only thing I eat for those portions are Trader Joe's Daily bread. It has nothing but grains and water; no fat no sugar. I have given up white food including sugar for now. I am just trying to do things differently since I believe I am sugar addicted. I have tried every diet program there is and I have finally let go of feeling that I should be able to be like 'normal' people and eat whatever I want just in the right amount. I just think sugar/white carbs are my trigger food and I have an awful time stopping. I know I will fall off at some point (like the little bit of stuff I tried at Thanksgiving), but for now I am justing trying to not eat that stuff. Some days are no problem and some days it is really hard. But hard is OK - sometimes the things we value most in life are the things that we had to work hard for.

Candra - I was having a hard time figuring out the Kaiser classes - I found if you google Kaiser [the name of the facility] Health education, you can find their website with the classes they offer and the schedule for them and the cost (I have looked at San Rafael and Santa Rose which are closest to me.) Santa Rosa has multiple offering of the emotional eating class, plus other good classes. Regarding the psych appt., I think you need to be referred. Try emailing your PCP or Dr. Fisher to see if you can get a referral. That is how I have done it in the past (although I can't say I have been overly impressed with the docs I saw in San Rafael.) On the other hand, one of my college professors at Dominican was a psychologist from Kaiser and she was terrific. I also went to a private pay psychologist that specializes in weight issues and it turns out she use to be a psychologist at Kaiser for Bariatrics. She is really, really good, but with private pay she is not cheap.

Ok enough of my deep thoughts. Hope everyone is having a good Friday evening and starting to get in the holiday spirit. I have my lighted Christmas village up (put it up last weekend - it is really big and takes all day to do, but it is so cool) and we are getting our tree tomorrow, so will be doing the rest of the decorating tomorrow.

Love you all - we all need each other in this journey!

Monique and Tamra - I try to get the Richmond meeting but so far I only make 1 of the 2 each month. Last one was very good. I can't make the 16th as my 'baby' (who is 22) is coming home that day and I haven't seen him in almost 6 months so he wins out! I will try for the January one.

Tamra - I lost my job a year ago LOL - Actually, I've been on disabilty and was told that I was cleared till Feb 1, 2010 but then, instead of getting my regular check they sent me packing and said that my time is up and I have exhausted my benefits so i had to apply for unemployment because my old job is still "unavailable" and my benefits are thru my husbands union so I'm good there - thank God for small favors!

Pat - I use to go to the San Rafael Kaiser but it was horrible - my doctor basically told me there was nothing wrong with me - that my Migraines weren't real and that my "fatigue" was common and to get over it as 1/2 of americans are "fatigued" - When I told him my last 3 fingers turn white and go numb when it's real cold out he told me to put gloves on - jerk - My fatigue is due to my sleep apnea and still don't know why my fingers do what they do - in any event he wasn't the first person there that rubbed me the wrong way so I finally switched to Vallejo and have had nothing but kind hearted people to deal with. My PCP just told me to call them directly since i'm already in the psych system but I will do the google search - good info! thanks!

Had fun seing Donna tonight!!! We gotta see Mandisa from America Idol!! That girl can sing................

Donna: I could see you from where I sat and your were getting your groove on tonight. Didn't you love what Manidisa was saying about losing weight. I can tell she has lost alot cause she has the extra skin on her arm...again she can really, really sing!!

Candra: That really sucks!!

MOnica: For me I have to lose at least 5 pounds to get a fill. That is just me cause I get to tight to fast......I lucked out this time. Next time I am gonna have to work it. I started today. NO CARBS/NO bread. Lots of cranberry and Water.< /p>

Jes: Not sure about the cranberry but it is a Riley thing. She does it before a fill. I think it cleans out the kidney which is always good once in awhile. I was drinking to much Vitamin water 10 and wondered if that was stalling my weight loss.....so I wanted to try to cranberry and now I am hooked on that. I am starting to lose again.

I was doing 50/50 cranberry and water and no I am doing 75/25 with cranberry and water. I am slowly trying to change to just water and see how that works. But I am not sure I would like the cranberry straight now...I like it watered down.

Riley: I agree the cranberry pomegranite is the best!!

Tamra: You have been through it girl. I have an American Girl doll never taken out of the box that I would love to give you for your daughter. I have had it for a year and was wondering who to give it to.......if we can arrange it I would love to give it you for your daughter. I also have big block legos still in the box never opened......I would love to give it to you for your baby!! Not sure how to get it to you. Message me or if anyone is going over the Richmond area in the next month???