Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Pat, yes they do weigh you at the support meeting. If you don't want to be weighed then you can just sign in so it counts as being in the program. She usually starts weighing people about 10 min in advance so you don't have to be that early. And yes they weigh you at every other appt.

Thanks Pam, the class teacher is the one who told us we can start losing... but let me tell you she was very uninformed regarding some of the process and lap band all together!!!! Thanx ;p

Hey Jes I'm glad your appointment went well and you seem to be doing great.

Candra, slim Diva I won't be able recognize you guys when I see you again.

Hello Liz, welcome on board!

Annalyn, hope you are doing well!

Hey RILEY!!!

HI Pam!!

Hey Tamra and Heather!!

Hello to all the newcomers !!!:D

Where are all the veterans in this group? LOL I really miss you guys I am finally coming out of my depression funk and plan on revamping my program. I must get another fill soon! In the time being I'm going 100% Protein again.

So I was doing fine until I had Panda orange chicken and Beijing Beef and a chicken egg roll. I won't beat myself up for it however what bothers me is that I am able to all of this with no restriction :thumbup:. So I will be charting my daily intake as often as I can on here.

good to hear from you Reggie! yea get out of that funk! I want to chart my food too. ok let's all start today. I need to start an online log. I have the one on my phone but what is the one that I can print out my week etc?

I'm not all that sure I'm doing ok...did you all forget i'm eating anything (well protein) I'm supposed to be in the mushie stage...

Hey Ladies, My work day is about to end.. I got this email from one of my good friends..

So I thought I would share!:)

40 Tips for a Powerful New You

o Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

o Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.

o Buy a TIVO, tape your late night shows and get more sleep.< /span>

o When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement: "My purpose is to___________

today."

o Live with the 3 E's: Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.

o Watch more movies, play more games and read more books than you did in 2007.

o Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.

o Dream more while you are awake.

o Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat fewer foods that are manufactured in plants.

o Drink green tea & plenty of Water and eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds &

walnuts.

o Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.

o Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your

life.

o Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you

cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.

o Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the

curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a

lifetime.

o Eat Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.

o Smile and laugh more.

o Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

o Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

o Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

o You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

o Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.

o Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

o Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special

occasion. Today is special.

o No one is in charge of your happiness except you.

o Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"

o Forgive everyone everything.

o What other people think of you is none of your business.

o Time heals almost everything. Give time time.

o However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

o Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

o Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

o Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.

o The best is yet to come.

o No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

o Do the right thing.

o Call your mother and father often.

o Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for

__________." "Today I accomplished____________."

o Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

o Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disneyland and you certainly don't want a "fast pass."

Well all looks like my journey may be done

I was notified I will be laid off. I don't know how much cobra insurance is, but with rent and bills I may not be able to do it....

pray that I can afford it....*sigh*

Well all looks like my journey may be done

I was notified I will be laid off. I don't know how much cobra insurance is, but with rent and bills I may not be able to do it....

pray that I can afford it....*sigh*

Oh Tamra,

I'm sorry to hear this.What line of work do you do? So and that i can look out for you. Hang in there it will be well. The say one door closes and another opens.

good to hear from you Reggie! yea get out of that funk! I want to chart my food too. ok let's all start today. I need to start an online log. I have the one on my phone but what is the one that I can print out my week etc?

I'm not all that sure I'm doing ok...did you all forget i'm eating anything (well protein) I'm supposed to be in the mushie stage...

Jes you are funny. Protein is fine, if your scale is moving you are doing well. so yes let's starch charting.

Breakfast- 2boiled eggs salad mayo and mustard with a dash of relish

Lunch- Panda orange chicken and beef

1 Chicken eggroll (baaaddd)

Dinner- Chicken and spinach stew.

Maybe potatoes???

The good news is that I have no sweets at home so I can't cheat if need to I will eat half a Fiber One Bar. Lets rock this band!

Hey everyone.....

Busy day in and out of hospitals all day!! I don't know about this job I am totally lost right now...........

Lots of long hours so far.

Tamra sorry about the lay off I totally hear ya. I might be back onthe chopping block in November. And I know I can't afford Cobra...........

I have restriction. Boy do I have restriction. I don't want another fill on the 29th unless I losee alot. I really can't eat to much right now........stay full and if I stop in time I don't PB but can't eat alot at all.

Breakfast- 2boiled eggs salad mayo and mustard with a dash of relish

Lets rock this band!

Did you all know there is a no sugar added dill pickle relish? made by vlasic. I got so excited when I saw it, 5 cal per tblsp

Hey Elizabeth - glad you made it here~!

Tamra - I'm so flippin sorry. That really, truly sucks!!!

Reggie - Now I need to get outta my funk - I'm sitting in bed - had a headache for the last three day - and I'm eating almonds grrr - had 1/2c egg salad for bfast - tall americano for brunch, 1/2c chicken salad for lunch & 1/2c chicken salad for dinner. I have zero restriction and I just can't survive on 1 1/2 c food a day - I keep saying i'm going back to my 4 mini meals but I just really want to get this right. Have have only lost 8lbs since surgery so you will recognize me with no problems - it's jes that you won't be able to see LOL.

Pammie, help, I'm falling and I can't get up... I am gonna go back to my 4 mini meals if I can't get this down by Friday! I need to be down another 7lbs by the 21st or I think Doc Fisher may remove my band!!

So I'm stressed out - I've had this headache for 3 days now - I've taken my maximum allowable maxalt and it really takes most of the pain away but when it wears off I usually take excedrine to take the edge off - my PCP said I can still take it - he's very knowledgeable with the band and says that excederine is tylenol anyway but they Richmond says no excederine - Maybe for now I can take it since it will still go right thru to my lower tummy anyway.

I've had about 1c of almonds LOL finally my stomech stopped growling!

Oh, Elizabeth - don't start losing weight yet!

I signed up for calorie counter, I really like that one.

B= Peet's no sugar vanilla latte - 155 cal

L= 3/4 cup crab with tblsp mayo - 277 cal

D= 2 chicken wing drummettes - 122

ok, I know I've got no restriction if I can eat chicken wings LOL.

Still trying to get todays Water in....argh

Edited by smallerj

Has anyone done the bariatrics lifestyle class at Richmond? Can we request the class? I'd like to do that for one of my weight check appts (Maybe we can carpool Maria).

Hey Heather, hey ladies!!

Dr Baggs emailed me he is not requiring me to go to the lifestyle class but he does want me to start a support group. I havent told him I was reading this wonderful forum group yet.

You know ladies, I felt so good today..I called in to make an additional appt b4 my surgery ( I cant say where.. she wants to stay anonymous) but found a new lap band friend.

I was so concerned because she got it done in May and wasn't given all the proper information?.. was done at ssf. Anyway, from all the info I learned from all of you I was able to explain what pb'ing and sliming was and was able to explain what she was feeling based on your responses in the past of course. I can truly say even though I dont know any of you and I hope to SOON meet you all, you have impacted my life and now someone elses.

I gave her the link to this site and she will probably come on as a guest.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!:)

Hey tamra- your not to far maybe we can have our surgery together- I am haveing it on Nov 24..I know it's not the best date but hey lets rock it together!!!

Tamra- sorry I didnt realize you were just informed of your lay-off. I will pray for you tonight, if this was meant to be it WILL happen sooner than later just keep positive that's whats important!

keep your head up and be positive!!