Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi everyone, wow I have soooo much to say. ok here goes.

I went to my PCP appt today it was really good. I really like her. Don't know if you all remember but she is the reason I even have the band. Last time I saw her she begged me to go to the orientation and "check it out" blah blah blah.

When she walked in she was so excited that I did it she had me stand up turn around and she was giving me all kinds of compliments. I really felt good. We had a good conversation (long by Kaiser standards). Oh, she told me not to pick at my glue :thumbup: but she did tell me to put vaseline on them and my aloe vera if I want.

ok now for my confession...listen up Robin :D ... I am completely off of the program. I ate mushies for one day and have been eating regular ever since. Besides my yogurt I have been on straight Protein. Still only having about a 1/4-1/2 cup each meal and I'm getting full so I'm working it. I've been really chewing, tonight I had crab and a side of mayo. Hubby came home with 2 live crabs so I cooked and cleaned them, ate about 3 legs and was full. I'm not having any problems with stuff getting stuck so I guess I'm ok. Best part I'm down almost 2 lbs.

I'm not sure if I feel my band but I do know when I'm full and the only thing I know is I have never been able to eat a 1/2 cup of food and be done.

YAY Jes! Sounds perfect :thumbup:

Pammie my antidepressant had same side effect! It would not bother me right now either, but I was married then and it bothered both of us!!

Hi Donna, so glad to hear from you. I know you've been busy but I'm sure your mom and family appreciates you being there for them. I'm not going to make the walk, it's such a good cause. You all have fun for me, I'll be there in spirit.

Heather, don't stress. things will fall back into place sometime we need little breaks here and there. Just take it one day at a time and you will be out of the funk before you know it.

Candra I would tell the dressmaker that you want to come in for another fitting in a couple months since you will be down a dress size or so. Also, maybe she can work on your dress last that way if there are major changes she won't have much to do :thumbup:

Good to hear from you Tamra...stay online it helps to get you on track

Isn't the bariatrics lifestyle class the one we did right before surgery? the 2 part one?

Listen everybody get out of the funk...we need each other.

Hey Pat, did you get the email for the support group meeting Saturday? I have to drive my son to his test, but hopefully I can drop him off there then go to the meeting and wait for his call . . . . either way you need to go for sure! It is SO inspirational :-)

I'm so off-plan right now. Tomorrow is the last night of class, then I get a 2 week break and the next semester starts. I still don't know if I want to take classes this next semester. I feel like school is bad for me right now. Does this even make sense? I make poor food choices when I'm totally stressed about school and I don't work out like I want to/need to. I know school is important, but it is stressing me out and for some reason I'm not able to make healthy choices when it comest to school stress. With work stress, I can just go to the gym and work it off but with school that isn't an option. Ugh. I'm frusterated. I feel like I'm failing. I was in school for so long before I took 2 years off. Then I felt like it was time to go back. I'm now finishing my 3rd class after going back and I feel like I can't handle it and I need a break again. This time feels different though. I took my last break because I was burned out and I was miserable in my classes. I was a music education teacher and I didn't want to teach. Now, I enjoy my classes but I feel like I don't have enough time to keep up with the rest of my life. I'm so conflicted. I really just need to focus on the task at hand, write my paper and go to bed. Things should look brighter in the morning, right?

Heather - I feel for you and know how hard it is. I didn't go to college after high school and then went back when I was working full time. It is really hard to do both, but I'm really glad I stuck it out. Something that can never be taken away from you :thumbup:. It took me 3 times to get done - I did my 2 year then moved out here to CA and then went back to finish my 4 year and had to drop out after I got behind when my Dad died. I finally went back many years and 2 kids later to study something totally different than what my job is - it was really for me. It was hard - I didn't have a life just work/school and a little family time, but I am so glad I finally did it (graduated 10 years ago). I don't know if this will help, but the last time I tried to lose weight, I told myself that I needed to try to figure out how to manage doing it with all the stress from my work; in other words the stresser are a normal part of life - I knew I needed to learn to get my weight / eating under control while under stress. Only you can answer if it is too much and if your weight loss focus is not going to get the attention it needs. I just think that trying to accept that doing it with the stress is something eventually we all have to deal with. But I do know what you are going through. I really want to go back for a Masters, but it is so hard to work and go to school and have a life that I haven't done it. All I can tell you from my point of view at 53 is that it keeps getting harder to go back and do the studying and juggle the working the older you get! I here for you either way. Your weight loss and your education are both worthy goals.

Hi everyone, wow I have soooo much to say. ok here goes.

I went to my PCP appt today it was really good. I really like her. Don't know if you all remember but she is the reason I even have the band. Last time I saw her she begged me to go to the orientation and "check it out" blah blah blah.

When she walked in she was so excited that I did it she had me stand up turn around and she was giving me all kinds of compliments. I really felt good. We had a good conversation (long by Kaiser standards). Oh, she told me not to pick at my glue :D but she did tell me to put vaseline on them and my aloe vera if I want.

ok now for my confession...listen up Robin :cursing: ... I am completely off of the program. I ate mushies for one day and have been eating regular ever since. Besides my yogurt I have been on straight Protein. Still only having about a 1/4-1/2 cup each meal and I'm getting full so I'm working it. I've been really chewing, tonight I had crab and a side of mayo. Hubby came home with 2 live crabs so I cooked and cleaned them, ate about 3 legs and was full. I'm not having any problems with stuff getting stuck so I guess I'm ok. Best part I'm down almost 2 lbs.

I'm not sure if I feel my band but I do know when I'm full and the only thing I know is I have never been able to eat a 1/2 cup of food and be done.

Jess - you are doing so great! 13 lbs in 3 weeks! Way to go girl! You are my other inspiration on here!:thumbup:

Hey Pat, did you get the email for the support group meeting Saturday? I have to drive my son to his test, but hopefully I can drop him off there then go to the meeting and wait for his call . . . . either way you need to go for sure! It is SO inspirational :-)

Riley - Yes I got the notice and am planning to go. As it gets closer, let me know if you will be able to make it and maybe we can figure out a way to find each other. I'll try to figure out how to send you a private message on here (still learn' this site) with my cell phone.

Hey everyone, since I wrote the long email telling my sisters and girlfriend what I am doing and why, I have gotten back some really nice notes of encouragement and support. Only one person so far has said they wished I could do it without surgery. It feels really good that the women I'm closest to are behind me.

All - I have a couple of questions. For the Richmond Support group on Wed do they weigh you? If so, do you have to get there early? Also do you get weighed when you go in for the Psych appt or do you need to schedule a separate weigh appt for the same time?

For the monthly meeting on 10/24 where do you meet and what time? Riley - could we maybe carpool if you are going?

Good Morning girls.

Chris your pregnancy is FLYING by. Congratulations. Hope your morning sickness subsides for good.

Well i just wanted to stop in and say hi. Hope you all have a good day. Remember Water water water:)

Nicole - So sorry about your situation - you are in my prayers. Here are some hotline numbers - many of the programs have help for transition. Marin Abused Womens services has a transitional housing program and they help with jobs and child care and lots of support. Their # 415-924-6616; The hotline in Yuba City is 530-623-4357 and the one in Sac is 866-92-2952; Contra Costa county is 888-215-5555. We are all here for you.

Pammie, you crack me up! yes, pumpkin is a veggie, however, the crust and ALL the sugar they put in it is not LOL. I think all the happy pills have a sexual side effect. I know mine does but I force myself to get started - once we get started it's all good.

Good job jes - I'm not full at all - i can eat a whole side of beef and not get full. I'm so off program its not even funny - I've tried to stay on - sticking to Proteins but eating every 3 hours or so. Not losing any weight at all. Tried to start my 4 mini meals yesterday but the probelm is in the am I feel "full" even though I haven't eaten a thing so by the afternoon I'm starving so when I get home it's a muchie fest. the power went out last night for a little over an hours so with nothing else to do I ate about a cup of peanuts in that hour! Sure wish I could be done after 1/2 cup.

Tamra - stay on line with us - check in for motivation or call me or text me - I sure can use all the help & support I can get right now.

So help me out ladies... I think bad stuff is always going to happen and I think I need to learn how to deal with it without eating and not use the bad stuff as an excuse or reason to eat... How do I get to that point??

Hi ladies!!!! I am finally on here... this site is crazy to figure out. Well this is Elizabeth... I went to the support group with my BFF Nicole and met a few of you. You all were so great. Well our journey is continuing, We are waiting for our orientation and anticipating our new future.......ahhhhhh.... happy and nervous....:thumbup:

:D

Hi ladies!!!! I am finally on here... this site is crazy to figure out. Well this is Elizabeth... I went to the support group with my BFF Nicole and met a few of you. You all were so great. Well our journey is continuing, We are waiting for our orientation and anticipating our new future.......ahhhhhh.... happy and nervous....:thumbup:

Hey Liz!! welcome aboard!!!:cursing:

Hey Candra~ ( or FOR ALL YOU LADIES if you happen to be in Vallejo and have 24 fitness)

If you wanna work out.. I'm gonna start going to the Gym around 8:30PM? If you wanna join me.. I'll be there. i know its kinda late.. but like I said b4.. that's when the crowd leaves..

Lemme know!!

Candra - not sure if I can help you with the motivation piece of it - I am not doing too well myself. I think I am going to call and get an appt with my therapist. I got on the scale this morning and it was up 3 lbs from Sunday - no freaking way - I would have had to eat 9000 calories extra to do that and I can guarantee you even with my piece of pumpkin pie I didn't do that - I am going to change the batteries tonight and try again tomorrow morning. Dr. Im will rip my band out if I show up there on Friday gaining 6 lbs from our last visit on 9/9/09. The only thing I have done different the last few days is go to Curves on Sat, take MOM on Sat, go for a walk on Friday, take a Celexa on Mon, and take a Water pill on Monday. I don't think one Celexa is going to make me gain weight (I am not taking another one until after Friday) and I have had at least 64 ounces or more of water every day. I have eaten more calories than allowed, but never over 2000 a day.

Ok Ladies I have a question and would like your opinion. At the first class I was told it is ok for me to start losing weight but I do not want to be told I need to lose extra (on top of what would have been lost) or denies because I am under weight. What do you think. I have discussed this with Canolie and we think we will wait until orientation to diet. We are so darn eager....:thumbup:

I would wait until the day after orientation - they weigh you at orientation and use that as your starting weight - don't know why someone is spreading the rumor that they use your overview class weight. You can still start paying attention to what, how much, where, when you are eating and drinking so the transition will be easier and if you happen to lose a couple of pounds that is ok, but the first 5 or so lbs are the easiest to lose. Or if you end up losing a few, make sure you wear heavy clothes and shoes to weigh in at orientation.