Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good Morning Ladies!!

I swear not having a working computer on the weekends sucks!! I have to catch up with everything on Monday. UGH!! Anyways, did everyone have a nice weekend? I did absolutly NOTHING... It was wonderful.

So I go to my class today and I am stoked!! I cant wait to get the show on the road hehehe I cant stop having dreams about it lol..... I am going to enjoy the next 30 days before I have to start kicken butt hehehee... Anyways.... Just wanted to say hello all!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Hey Nicole!!! i know you're EXCITED!!! YOU ARE NOW ABOUT TO ENTER.. THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!! j/k..

You're on your way!!!:frown:

This isnot diet or weight related but how do you get the tickers to show on your messages. Where do I have to add it at.

Morning Candra!

Yeah diabetes sucks. His worst complication was when he got so low that he almost died, also hospitalized for 4 days then AND for 2 of those days he did not even recognize me! OMG. This was only 2 years ago . . . . he still suffers some short-term memory loss and memorizing drug actions & brand names in pharmacy tech school is really hard on him, but he is doing really well and will graduate (except for his externship) in December! woo-hoo. He's a great kid, and we have always been close, due in a large way to his diabetes. He's off playing softballs with some of his buddies he used to work with at Round Table right now. Yes there is some hard stuff in my life, but when I look at the big pic I am truly blessed!

I'm on my AWS day off, jogged(!) some this AM and am going to walk to the store now - veggie meatballs, and cheese. Why I could not remember them while I was there this morning getting melon and berries, I don't know! More walking :-)

The Sacramento support meeting is always the 4th Sat of the month so it is on Oct 24 this month.

If you search ticker on this web site you can find the directions on how to put up a weight loss ticker. I did it recently.

Glad your nausea has disappeared Christine.

I can't make it on the 9th or 10th, but if the majority of the people can you can go ahead without me.

GOODness my Buns are hurting fro jogging already! I thought we were supposed to push ourselves?!? Maybe I will go do some Thigh Trainer to spread the pain around more, then some resistence bands on the ol' arms . . . . jeez I do all cardio and no strength, when I do any strength it hurts SOMEwhere! Argh.

Walked to the storew again, but then stopped by Round Table on my way back for lunch . . . fortunately they see me in there being good so often that they automatically ring me up fo a salad, so I avoided giving in to carbs . . .except as I was just closing my salad container, out they come with fresh, warm breadsticks - OH! They smelled so good! So I pretended that they were just a 'Fresh Warm Italian Breadstick'-scented Candle, you know Party Lite or some such. Ha! But got out of there unscathed. I swear to goodness, the more I lose the weirder I get! More and more little tricks to play on myself to keep from falling back into old eating patterns.

OK I have a bunvh of cleaning to do, and a bunch more clothes to go through. I wish I had $$ cause I sure do need some clothes!!!:frown:

Hello Lovely Ladies & John!

I have missed chatting with u all...although, I confess, I have been one of the 'guests' to catch up my reading...as I can. Am still in Florida, helpin my mom take necessary steps forward, she is doing well, thank you ALL for your wonderful well wishes and prayers! I do miss my dad, as I am still here, but really embracing my mom, with a 'balance' of taking care of business, a fine line for all of us to walk.

I will be flying in Thursday nite, to get in one last practice 5K for our walk on Saturday! The weather also looks perfect!!!

I have resent the registration email out, pls pm me here if you still need it. Looking forward to allll who can make it this SAT morn, Oct. 10th, is there anyone who can just come for the time together afterwards? I'll be chkin in daily til then...

Gooo Team Band O' Buddies, we are moving up, in #6 for now. Thanks for your missing messages, they mean so much, and you havent forgotten about me! Chat with yall sooooon! :frown:

Edited by roseyyyd1

Hi Donna! Oh good sweetie, thanks for checking in we were all worried when we didn't hear from you for so long . . . prayers and blessings for you & your mom. Thanks for your email, unfort my bratty youngest did not pass the math portion of the CHSPE last time, and they only give it one more time this year - next Saturday. So I have to drive his brattiness, then wait for him with his flippant little attitude . . . he better pass it this time, because he lied to his work and said he passed the first time - faked a certificate. I told him I will turn him in AND kick him out of the house . . . . he's getting kicked out at the end of november when he is 18 anyways, this one needs some tough love. ANYways . . .I can't make the walk!!! Darn it, I jogged a 5K this morning and I am SO up for it! Did not realize the kids testing was on the same day. My last sacrifice for this one, he's wearin' me out . . . .

I just ate too much. Veggie meatballs with pomodoro sauce and italian cheese blend- I ate the full serving, which is 6 meatballs and probably 1/2 cup of sauce and 1/3 cup of cheese. 10 minutes after drinking a soy latte!!! Anybody else eating over 1200 cals? Can't feel the band at all today - maybe because I drank enough fluids?? it only seems to act up when I am rather dehydrated.

Time to go shower & tuck in with the lastest John Grisham :-)

I'm so off-plan right now. Tomorrow is the last night of class, then I get a 2 week break and the next semester starts. I still don't know if I want to take classes this next semester. I feel like school is bad for me right now. Does this even make sense? I make poor food choices when I'm totally stressed about school and I don't work out like I want to/need to. I know school is important, but it is stressing me out and for some reason I'm not able to make healthy choices when it comest to school stress. With work stress, I can just go to the gym and work it off but with school that isn't an option. Ugh. I'm frusterated. I feel like I'm failing. I was in school for so long before I took 2 years off. Then I felt like it was time to go back. I'm now finishing my 3rd class after going back and I feel like I can't handle it and I need a break again. This time feels different though. I took my last break because I was burned out and I was miserable in my classes. I was a music education teacher and I didn't want to teach. Now, I enjoy my classes but I feel like I don't have enough time to keep up with the rest of my life. I'm so conflicted. I really just need to focus on the task at hand, write my paper and go to bed. Things should look brighter in the morning, right?

Yup I just did all my entries on Calorie Counter Database - Free Online Diet Program, and sure enough I'm at 1,309 calories. I logged my exercise too so I still have a deficit of over 1,000 calories today, but still! A couple of months ago I was eating between 900 and 1100 every day, now I am sneaking over 1200 even though I'm not physically hungry . . . not good. OH well, I guess I am just adjusting!

Tina . . . . I am having withdrawals!!! Where you???

Has anyone done the bariatrics lifestyle class at Richmond? Can we request the class? I'd like to do that for one of my weight check appts (Maybe we can carpool Maria).

Right Heather, it will be better in the AM!! You love school. Write your paper(!) and don't make any decisions when you are exhausted! Why CAN'T you have it all? At the same time?? You are one of the smartest, most dynamic women that I have ever met and you CAN do this. Write and sleep! this is for the rest of your life girl, you can't make it stop so you can catch up.

I'm pulling for you :thumbup:

I'm not feeling my band either - I actually am not sure what it is suppose to feel like yet - sometimes I feel hungry and sometimes I just don't. I'm eating alot, I know - not losing any weight!

Heather - you got this girl!

Donna - so good to hear from you - I can't make it Saturday - I have a dress fitting and the whole bridal party will be there. I'm concerned because the wedding isn't for 10 months and I hope to be SMALLER by then. I did tell her and she has seen that I am losing weight and don't want to buy the dress this soon so we shall see.... My best to you and your family!

Just stopping to say hello to everyone!! fell off the wagon, been thru some personal things that just didnt go away very easy...was at 263 this morning, so 13 lbs to go...darn...I was 5 lbs away a few weeks ago....*shurgs*

hope your all ok!!!

Hi Tamra, glad you came back on! You'll get back on, don't you worry.

RATS! I just hate it that so many bad things are happening to so many of my good girls!!:thumbup:

Candra - I was Maid of Honor at my friend's wedding back in 1986 and when I was fitted for the dress I was a size 16, but it had to be altered to a 14 before the wedding. That's sad that 23 yrs later I had to lose 75 lbs to get back into a 16. I just ate a piece of pumpkin pie (from Costco) - pumpkin in a vegetable right? I had a Protein Drink for Breakfast and lunch plus about 1/4 c almonds, a senior chef salad and half a piece of garlic bread for dinner with very little dressing and 4 bottles of Water today. I cut the lettuce up to bits before I ate it - kind of like pre chewing it. I shouldn't have eaten the garlic bread - the last couple of bites of it came up.

I started taking my Celexa again today - I hadn't taken it for about 2 weeks and just couldn't hang - had the urge to cry multiple times a day and in a blah funk most of the time. If I ever get remotely close to having the possibility of any intimacy, I will switch to a different one or stop again as this one has sexual side effects. Don't think I need to worry about that any time soon though.