Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in January

I got banded on the 19th and was lucky enough to have virtually no gas pains at all, at least none in my shoulder. I did have pressure in my throat/diaphragm when I drank, but I don't know if that was gas or just trapped air. I am thanking my lucky stars for that. I am now 8 days post op and I can honestly say I feel that I am 99.99% :cursing: I hope everyone else is having an uneventful recovery. We are going to be smoking hot and shopping at "normal" clothes stores soon :tt2:

Congrats on doing so well :tt1:

I will be banded in 3 days (Friday), you make me feel more comfortable hearing your success. Thanks for posting, and continued good luck !

You're quite welcome! Congratulations on your surgery date and hang tough. As with any surgery there is discomfort and you need rest, but since I got through the pre-op diet and 1st week, I feel like I have a new lease on life and am looking forward to every day! Unlike before when I dreaded getting up and planned my day around what I was going to eat. I actually plan on excelling at work (I work long hours and have very high expectations of myself) doing things with my kids, walking the dog, cleaning my house and just LIVING! Best of luck to you, it will be hard for a short time, get your mind ready with all positive thoughts and strength, follow the Doctor's instructions and you will do great!:cursing:

Hello Bansters, day 5 on my pre-op, Friday is my surgery date for the Realize Band. Although my doctor has put in over a hundred bands I will be his first Realize Band, there will be another doctor from the Realize company to certify my doctor, not crazy about being first but I think that the bands are pretty much the same as far as putting them in. I am getting nervous mostly about what I am going to feel like after the surgery. I hope it goes as good as my Protein diet, I am doing So much better than I thought I would. Well soon I will finally be banded!

hi, this is my first post, i never thought i would but here iam.

i was banded on the 19 on jan, each day feel better. i must

because i am gettting hungary.

Hi Caribou, Lucky you the hardest part is over. I feel good but I am a little nervous about the surgery going good. Did you have much pain, a couple of posts had me going oh oh, hope that's not me. Oh well it is what it is, I am just so high right now on getting a new lease on life. My dream to wear regular clothes. I am glad everythling is going so well for you. Eva 58 and almost banded

well eva from what i gather everyone is different, i didn't have any problems more than one would expect from surgery.

they game me lots of painkillers and i had two nurses in recovery coming in every 10 min doing vitals. i wish you expeirence the same

Congrats all you banded in January!

I am amazed at the fast weight loss you have all experienced. I was banded on January 5, '09 and thought my 17 pounds loss was really something! Now, I am reading how well you all have done! Are you just having thimbles full of food? Exercising?

As soon as I started having more than two tablespoons of food for a meal, the loss has pretty much stopped!

It is worrying me... I have had not problem taking in food... I think that is some good news and bad news all together!

Thanks for sharing... I will be following you all.

BandDiva, I am with you... banded 1/13 the weight loss has stopped and I am starving :( I go for a fill on the 12th of Feb. I just told my Hubby that I am going to shakes for 2 meals a day to see if I can up my Protein and kick start this weight loss. In everythig I read it says until your first fill and the first 3-6 weeks after surgery you are still healing and your weight loss should plataeu!! I know it does not feel good, but we will make it !!

Congrats on everyone who was newly banded, and to ?? going in tomorow leaving at 4 a.m. you will do great, and I have you in my thoughts :ohmy:

Best wishes for those of you getting banded this week..your journey begins!!:cursing:

For those of us who were banded this month already and watching results, just remember (I know this has been beat to death but..) our bodies need time to heal! Our stomachs need to get used to the new plastic band around it, our incision wounds need to heal, and the way we used to think about food is just now taking shape. My Dr. told me that I will likely GAIN weight until my first fill which is totally normal. I have lost 15lbs since Jan. 8th which I am thrilled about, but I am also ready for the scale to start going up (I don't know if he told me this to "prepare" me for slow weight loss or what, but it is what I was told so I was mentaly prepared for this phase).

I personally feel nearly 100% and after the fast before the surgery and the surgery, that is really what I am most thrilled with. I am doing my part with Protein, Water & exercise, and by doing that I know the weight will come off. It does not need to come off every day, or even every week, because I know it will come off!

Keep your chin up and let your body heal (it's the only one you have). Then once you feel great-no discomfort, no pain, no bandages etc. and your doctor gives you the "thumbs up" then you can really begin the weight loss.

Another thing, lap band weight loss is much slower than bypass as we all know. If I had the bypass surgery, I would likely not be back at work and exercising and definitely not feeling as good as I do. Take it for what it's worth, and I wish you all the best! I am SO glad I did this for myself, I feel FANTASTIC!!!!!:tongue::thumbup:

coloradobanding.....thanks for the comforting advice. So glad to hear you are feeling so well. Congrats on the 15 pounds!

I am all ready to get my band tomorrow (30th) !!!

Hi, I wanted to check in. Banded 48 hours ago. Tired and sore but doing well. Can't stay awke for long... sleep:sleep:

Good job!.

Use those pain killers, get some sleep and walk; then check back in. Best wishes to you!

Hi, I wanted to check in. Banded 48 hours ago. Tired and sore but doing well. Can't stay awke for long... sleep:sleep:

Good job!.

Congrats on your band Jeanangell!! I wish you a quick and speedy recovery.:redface:

Does anyone know when I can take a bath? I was banded 7 days ago and have already taken off my opsite from my incisions so they now have nothing on them.

Does anyone know when I can take a bath? I was banded 7 days ago and have already taken off my opsite from my incisions so they now have nothing on them.

My post op directions tell me that I can't have a bath or soak in a hot tub until all the incisions have healed and the scabs are all gone. 2-3 weeks or so.

I hope this helps.