Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone getting banded in January

Blackqueen, I was banded on Jan. 13th and the pre-op diet of liquids for 2 weeks ALMOST killed me :) I made it through by changing things up. I bought tons of the campbells select Soup (lower sdium) and just drained the juice out... it gave me a variety, the Italian Wedding was and still is my favorite. I am still on liquids I have 2 weeks post op.. 1 week left THANK god, I never thought I would want to eat mushie food!! I go out for dinner every night (smoothie king) low carb strawberry is the only one I am allowed to get but it is nice as they make it in the blender with ice etc. kinda like a milkshake.. it come in chocolate and vanilla to. ANOTHER good option is going to safeway soup bar and just scooping out the juice.. they always have something different and a good varitey. (won ton soup is good for chinese) :wink5: I will not lie, I cheated pre-op.. I am the one if you go back freaking out about my liver (hehe) but all went great, and I have not cheated since. I go to the Dr. today so maybe he will le me eat eraly? I know not likely!

Hi I'm also in Raleigh NC. I just went for my pre-op meeting today and I'm scheduled for Jan 28th. I'm a little anxious. How about you. Where are you having your's done?

weight.png

I am about 9.5 hours on the flipside... sitting in my hospital room (more like a hotel room) super nice place and super nice people... I'm up and about, sipping my Water and trying to relax... the gas pain was pretty bad for awhile. But we have it under control now. I'm in and out of snooze right now, will post more tomorrow.

HALO74,

Congrats on being on the "flipside", so glad to hear you are doing well. thanks for keeping us posted and look forward to hearing how your progress goes !!!

Hi Jhope,

I also am scheduled for the 28th. And have my times of nervousness too. I am having my surgery at Brighams and Women's hospital in Boston. What about you?

Hi New Year Hotties, I was banded on Monday 19th and having really bad gas. Anyone else have gas like this? I've been walking all night and this morning in my house. I couldn't really sleep bcuz the gas was horrible, it was in my chest. I'm taking chewable gas-x and it's helping some. Do anyone know how long this will last? Any advice is welcomed Please!!!:tongue::lol::wink:

Hi Aquilla, sorry to hear about the gas! I was just banded

1/13 and I will say it lasted about 4-5 days for me of intense

pain. Do you have the meltaway gas x strips, those seem to be more fast acting, also I was told I could take zantac and place a heating pad on my upper back and shoulders laying on my one side (opposite of your port) My Dr. said the tubing can sometimes rise and irritate your (something on the inside up by your breast bone i think) and that feels like pressure as well but that will go away to. Take 2 gas strips every 4 hours do not let it wear off as it is hard to get it under control again. Are you taking the fast acting liquid tylenol?? The narcotics will bind you up even more, if you can take that at night and the tylenol during the day to get your system going (if you know what I mean) Hope something in here helps :tongue:

Hi Aquilla I was banded on the 9th and I had thge same problem!!! the thing that really worked for me was a heating pad! I put it on my chest and felt much better in like 15 mins! The key is to NOT lay on your back try to sit up and although it was painful walking is good! Hope this helps! EB:closedeyes:

I was banded on Jan 16 and was fortunate enough not to have the gas pains. When I had my gallbladder surgery I suferred with them for several days. I was relieved when I woke up in recovery without the pains. I have been there and know what you are all going through. Good luck and hope it relieves itself soon.

Edited by Blueeyesinca95

Hi all I was banded on the 19th too and I am also having gas issues. Fortunately mine doesn't hurt it just rumbles around all the time. My Drs. office called to check on me today and they say it is completely normal and will go away. I hope it goes away soon I am pretty noisy to be around...LOL!

i had my surgery monday, so far so good, not too much pain, but i am all bloated from the gas. it hurts

Hi everyone! I was banded on the 16th and I am either very lucky or a tough ole bird! lol I have had minimal gas pains, mostly in the shoulder area and not needed pain meds. I used heating pad and the gas ex strips on Monday only. Today I was out and about.

Edited by Beachwalker
added text

I had the same issue at first with Slimfast, but found that if I diluted it with a 1/4 c skim milk, and added a T or 2 of non-fat skim milk powder it was thinner and creamier. I drank mostly chocolate, but at first I didn't think I would make it. I also did a combo of Atkins dark chocolate and strawberry with the Slim Fast low carb chocolate.

I had surgery yesterday and just got home. I am very noisy burping, and very sore, mostly I think from the gas and hunger - stomach is rumbling eventhough I am doing as much sipping of Clear Liquids that I can. It's still hard to take a deep breath though too.

I got banded on the 19th and was lucky enough to have virtually no gas pains at all, at least none in my shoulder. I did have pressure in my throat/diaphragm when I drank, but I don't know if that was gas or just trapped air. I am thanking my lucky stars for that. I am now 8 days post op and I can honestly say I feel that I am 99.99% :cursing: I hope everyone else is having an uneventful recovery. We are going to be smoking hot and shopping at "normal" clothes stores soon :tt1: