Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good Eve, Vi's...

We're home... a quick 2.5 hr drive w/the kiddos... ds plugged in his iPod and we literally sang our whole way home... fun!

Ironically, I spent Good Friday w/my Jewish in-laws eating lox & Bagels and potato knishes... mmmmm...

and shopping... I bought myself a new crockpot... I'll have to try Terry's pepperonici beef soon!

G'night all... sleep tight...

Home again.

Kinsey and I just got back from the rodeo. What a night, full of happy times---Kinsey got to ride the ring a couple of times with the flag girls. Sad times---it was a memorial rodeo for a friends son. He was killed 6 years ago in November by a drunk driver, coming home from roping practice. He was a bare bronc rider, and they led a riderless bronc through the arena, and played a song, I cannot tell you who or what it was, but had many of us sobbing. Ty was a really cute, little 16 year old cowboy through and through---it was a terrible loss. His family owns the feed store down the road from me, and they are such a wonderful family. They had 3 kids, Ty was the oldest, then Coy who was born with Downs, and then Katie, Ty took such good care of Coy never letting anyone pick on him, and letting him hang with he and his friends. Somewhere up there Ty is smiling down at Coy, he is high functioning and now holds 3 jobs!

Was hard to look at the other kids, and think that omg Ty would be that age!

They do this rodeo and another Pee Wee rodeo later in the year, and all the money is turned into scholarships, for local kids. They raised $80K last year!!

So Kinsey had a BLAST!! Riding in the arena was her dream! LOL She held the saddle horn with one hand and waved like crazy with the other----of course who knew----so I didn't have my camera!!! Did try with the phone, but was useless, and did not want to "miss" it trying to "get" it!!

Becky took her grandson, and I took Kinsey and we had dinner, then went. Was a great night. Now Kinsey is sacked out in my bed! Manda is home --- but has the Dish guy coming to try to fix her satellite in the morning, then she is coming over for some egg coloring fun!!

Judy you talking about the church services, it sounds very moving. Last week during Palm Sunday services, they had all the kids walking through the aisles of the church waving palm fronds. Was supposed to be a nice up and down wave. Which quickly turned into the boys using them as wings and trying to fly!!!

Well I am off to bed.....got the fire going it was cold and windy when I come in. Durango which is 36 miles away---is expecting 10-18 inches of snow tonight! I want spring to get here and stay!

Although with this working thing, my yard time is seriously limited!!!!

Tonight I was TOTALLY jealous of Rick being in TX---he was off having catfish. REALLY good catfish! His Uncles family has a restaurant there, actually called a fish barn!!! They are only open on Fri & Sat and the specialty is all you can eat catfish, fries, hushpuppies, cole slaw, salad....they actually have chicken strips, and another non fish item on the buffet usually, or you can order steaks--but 9 out of 10 are there for the catfish!!! I would be too----and be moaning about not being able to eat as much as I wanted!!! And fish PB's are yucky as hell!!!!

OK, my eyes are crossing, I will check in with y'all tomorrow.

XOXOX

good morning ladies

Happy bandiversary to me :drool:

I lost 3.5 pounds this week to start off my renewal of my determination. Good way to start.

We are bringing Macy to an easter egg hunt this morning....so there isn't much time, just wanted to drop in and say good morning.

(((hugs)))

Good morning, running very very late!!!

Happy Bandiversary TracyK and great job on the weight loss and new determination!!!!! Love the McDonalds story!!

Stopping by real quick before I head out to the Support Group meeting.

Everyone have a great day.

Happy Bandiversary to all the Violet girls this month.

Good Morning, Violets..

TracyK.. GREAT JOB on the weight loss!! It's amazing how well we can do when our HEAD is in the game! The band is trying it's hardest, but we have to be the ones to do the real work.

Ethan is here for a few hours and then I'm going to do some house cleaning and laundry. And HOPEFULLY get out on my terratrike. It's only 31 degrees out right now and I'm hoping it warms up, but it's not looking good.

Kat.. I have the same problem on Palm Sunday with the palms except it's my back row of guys in the choir that I have to watch out for. They do all sorts of strange things with the palms while they are waiting in the back of the church to process.

And that reminds me that there were palms on the floor of the church last night that you had to walk on to get to the cross. Very meaningful.

I got an Easter basket made last night for Ethan and his two step brothers. Now to get something together for Grady. That will be my fun thing to do this afternoon.

I'm still in my pjs and need to go shower and get dressed. Everyone have a great day and be good to yourself.

Stunning day here today!! 65 degrees, sunny, nice breeze!

Finally feeling like a human being today so now it's time to play catch up on all the work i've been neglecting. Grrrrr. I think I'll go to the grocery store and then to the dog park and bring a book. I'll sit under a tree while muddy, wet and happy dogs run circles around me. Life is good.

Oh, sorry Tracyk!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 3.5# LOSS!!!! KEEP GOING!!!

Morning Gals~

Tracyk...way to kick ass sista!:drool::Banane20::laugh::Banane20::crying: I am glad someone is doing well! My bandiversary was on the 3rd. Came and went. I am proud of you...have fun at the Easter Egg hunt!

Terry...your day sounds loverly!

Kat...I LOVE rodeos! We don't have any near here...not even the gay rodeo, haha!

Raise your hand if you think Pearl Jam's Ten album is one of your top 3 albums of all time:rapture:

Well, Sus is getting ready to leave for a week! On tap for me is the library, then confession at 3:30...then home to chill! Tomorrow my favorite short people will be delivered at 9:30. We are going to get outfits, going to mom's grave, going to eat something...and then going to movies! Then home to study...AND GRADE PAPERS as I want them graded and returned ASAP!

That is is for me and the weekend plans!

Everyone have a great weekend.

xooxox

Michelle, I made the pepperoncini beef last night.. it is so delicious!

Had a dream I was in a huge bathroom in wal-mart (miles long) with a zillion stalls and every one was full and I had to pee like you wouldn't believe.. so I'm pacing and there's so many people in lines.. I finally get in an open one and there's a parrot on the floor biting me so I have to wait for another one.. finally next in line and someone tries to cut in front of me and I get crazy cussing them out... then I go to pee and I wake up instantly about to pee myself LOL.

Had a dream I was in a huge bathroom in wal-mart (miles long) with a zillion stalls and every one was full and I had to pee like you wouldn't believe.. so I'm pacing and there's so many people in lines.. I finally get in an open one and there's a parrot on the floor biting me so I have to wait for another one.. finally next in line and someone tries to cut in front of me and I get crazy cussing them out... then I go to pee and I wake up instantly about to pee myself LOL.

THAT was funny! lmao! :drool::lol:

Thanks for the props (and boobies) ladies...I needed that!

I am enjoying a lazy weekend . . . I hope everyone else is enjoying theirs as well. :cool2:

Laura, I have dreams with a need to pee as well. I usually end up making it to the bathroom several times in the dream but always have to go again . . . until I wake up realizing that I really do need to go.

We're back from a seafood buffet.. I had 3 boil and peel shrimp, 1/3 crabcake, 1/4 cup lobster cabonera and 1 frog leg.

I am just curious . . . do frog legs really taste like chicken??? I have always been too nervous to try them, lol.

Oh my gosh, now you really don't hear me talking about pbing, cause I really don't. For some reason I can't eat broccoli or rice. So thinking that I am not really tight, I eat beef with broccoli from the chinese place. The broccoli tasted so good I ate almost all broccoli and the rice and Charlie ate my beef. Then my next customer comes in and I had to leave her mid shampoo!!!!!!! Just barely made it in time. I have never been so embarrassed!! Oh well. At least I have learned that no matter how loose I think I am, don't eat broccoli or rice!!!

I am just curious . . . do frog legs really taste like chicken??? I have always been too nervous to try them, lol.

Yup, they really taste like chicken with just a hint of fish. They are actually quite good.