Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Yuck, I woke up with an upset tummy. I have a meeting this a.m. then coming home and going back to bed. I hope this leaves me soon.

Jane

Good morning, Violets..

I'm up and getting ready to head to my volunteer shift at the hospital and then to my PMS luncheon. After that I hope to get on the terratrike for a bit. Looks cloudy out, but it's 38 degrees and hopefully will get up towards 50 today.

PamELa.. we're all so proud of you. You're going to have two angels on your shoulders and a gaggle of Violets behind you when you defend your dissertation tomorrow. I'm going to be tied up with a flute rehearsal and a church service at noon, but Tracy is great at getting news out so she's a good choice for the job of messenger, or texter.:)

Terry.... step back from the chocolate today, or at least substitute something a bit healthier, like a South Beach S'mores Fiber bar. Or a Weight Watchers candy.

Kat.. hope you're feeling better today. Ya know, I wasn't too keen on the name Grady, but the more I'm with the little guy, he definitely is Grady. I'll post pictures from Sunday later today.

Haydee must be off somewhere again or having computer problems. It seems to me I remember her having a few trips planned.

Off to have some Breakfast and be on my way. Everyone have a great day and be good to yourself. ( but not necessarily with chocolate!!!)

Good Morn, Girlies...

Grey rainy day here today... lots of little things to do... I'm taking up the goal today of no sugar... no sugar... for just today... this morning... this moment...

((Pam))... You ARE AWESOME and I am so proud of you and to know you... you are an inspiration... know that when you walk into that room... you are not alone... you have everyone who loves you with you... cheering you on... you have DONE IT!!! What an accomplishment!! You ROCK, Dr. Jazzy!!!

Everyone make it a good, NO SUGAR, day!

Pamela - We orphans go thru that from time to time! It's not easy being without the two people who love you more than anyone else on the planet. That love and support is wonderful to have and when it's "gone" you feel like you've lost your footing a little bit. But when you're in that library relaxing, just get in a meditative state and take a moment to really feel their lovinig energy surrounding you. Don't focus on the sad part of missing them, focus on the jubilant aspect that they are ALWAYS ALWAYS with you -- literally in every cell of your body!! Thank them for being present on this special day and every day. Bow up, breathe deep and smile!! Life is good and all is as it should be! XOXOXOXO

Jane - feeling any better?

Good Morning Girls.

Got up this morning and the sun is shining brightly. I love it. Just what the Doctor ordered. Supposed to get up into the sixties today.

Leaving here in a couple hours to go get my stitches taken out. I'm excited. I haven't been able to sit comfortably for two weeks now.

Pam, I echo what everyone has said but I'm going to add my two cents worth. I too have my days when I wonder what both of my parents think of me, Have I made them proud? You know as well as I do that deep within our hearts that they are beaming. I would give anything to see my parents face now that I have lost a lot of weight. They knew what a struggle it was for me, just as your parents knew how hard your pursuit was for you. I carry with me the thought that I know that they are proud of me because what I did was what they always wanted for me. To be happy. That's all our parents ever want for us. Too be truly Happy. Your getting your Doctorate and having a person in your life that loves you more than anything are what make you truly happy and your parents know that. Go with their blessing. Go knowing Susanne backs you 100% and Go knowing that all of your Violet Sisters wish you nothing but the best. We are truly proud of you.

I won't be around my computer so somebody(Tracy) will have to text me. I eagerly wait the good news.

Janie, hope you get to feeling better.

It's CTCD, so everybody be on your best behavior.

Nothing like a nice bright sunshiny day to let you know that your windows need to be washed. :)

Morning Ladies~

Thank you for all your words of encouragement! I am so glad I have my violets, and all the other blessings in my life! I will text Tracy Wed afternoon, if you don't mind throwing up a quick post! If you don't hear from me...I didn't pass and am crying and drowning my sorrows in many margies!

I slept like shit, had bad dreams and woke at 5:30 and hit the gym. Hard cardio and lifted weights and I feel soooo much better! Isn't that amazing. I woke up VERY STRESSED and left the gym focused and feeling like things were managable. Because I am going out of town now, I need to bring everything w/ me...makeup, earrings, etc. So, instead of being all frazzled...I made a list and feel in control! Pretty cool huh?

OK...everyone have a wonderful couple of days. I will try to pop on from the hotel room on my phone. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't.

I love you all! Thanks for standing behind me! It is funny, my violet tattoo is on my back...like you are all really behind me!

oxxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Hello Everyone,

The Easter egg game is an awesome idea, I will have to try that one in the future.

Pamela, You crack me up . . . you must have been having one heck of day to use such an eloquent expression as crap three times in one post the other day. It is funny because I have been doing the same thing recently with “sucks” but I think it must be my teenage child that is bringing it on. I hope you have a great time in La Verne.

It is tough about parents. My mom passed in early 2008 and she has been asking me non-stop for the 16 years when I would have another baby . . . who could have known that this year would be THE year, and she never even knew. I also have finally won the battle with obesity for the first in my adult life with the band and will finish graduate school this year as well . . . so it is a big year for me and I know she would have been so happy to have seen it. I feel your pain and understand completely <<<HUGS>>>.

Laura, you aren’t the only one with “pains” where it feels like a quick movement is tearing things apart in there. Ouuuccchhhh . . . thank goodness it will be over any day now :0).

Kat, I hope you are feeling better soon. It is definitely hard to watch a child when you are feeling uncomfortable. As for DH’s mom, jeeze Louise, talk about getting bent out of shape over nothing important. That would drive me nuts, thank goodness you have more patience than me. Maybe next time she is in the van, you can tell her she is required to hold the door shut the whole way, lol, see if that improves her mood.

Janie, investment club meeting cancelled? Lol, I am happy I am not part of any investment clubs right now with the direction my money has gone recently. I don’t even want to read my statements anymore. I feel like I have lost way more money than I made over the last year or two.

Terry, I feel your pain. I can’t even remember the last day I didn’t have a little somethin somethin . . . there is always today . . . er, umm, well . . . maybe not since I had a piece of chocolate before 9AM.

Judy, PMS luncheon . . . sounds, umm, fun . . . I think. I am assuming that must be an acronym for something other than what first comes to mind, lol.

Everyone else I have missed, have a lovely day :0).

My tummy feel a bit better and I am headed for work. Heather that is sad about your mom, but she knows. Tracyk, I don't have computer access during the day so can you text me?

Laura I have been thinking about you!!!

Also today I have had like 5 random events that reminded me of 9-11. I figured I better say a quick prayer!! It is so weird when that kind of thing happens.

Pam & crap & sucks isn't even the tip of the iceberg.. maybe one day she'll tell you what she did to poor Jane's phone!! :) And she got us kicked out of a couple bars!!!

So proud of you Pam!!!

I meant to say that egg game did sound cute Michelle (maybe I did say it), I have been reading & thinking of things to post but then I forget to post or get distracted.

See I'm distracted again, I had things to say and they just kind of float away.....

Edited by FairyFacade

Nothing like a nice bright sunshiny day to let you know that your windows need to be washed. :sad:
LOL This cracked me up...and is soooo true.
It is funny, my violet tattoo is on my back...like you are all really behind me!

oxxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Oh, wow!! Cosmic, dude! I like it!
It is tough about parents. My mom passed in early 2008 and she has been asking me non-stop for the 16 years when I would have another baby . . . who could have known that this year would be THE year, and she never even knew.
Ha! I tend to think she maybe had a little somethin'-somethin' to do with your getting pregnant this year! A little angel work, y'might say.

My good girlfried married later in life and at the age of 36 started 'trying to get pregnant'. Well, this went on for 5-6 years....and they had the means to try every fertilization treatment under the sun. I think they tried in vitro like 3 times. They finally just resigned from the whole effort. Her mother died shortly thereafter and *poof* 4 months later she was pregnant!! Coincidence?? I don't think soooooooo.

....See I'm distracted again, I had things to say and they just kind of just float away.....
Welcome to MY world!! :):blink:

That's "Baby Brain" Laura... wish I could say it gets better, but... :)

& don't forget that Pam got us kicked out of breakfast, too!... :sad::lol:

Piehole report so far today:

choc mocha pro shake (200 cal, 25 g pro)

van chai pro shake (200 cal, 25 g pro)

see a pattern here??? Am trying to keep it liquid today, to break the cycle of feeding my face, to kick me back into gear...

hello hello hello.... I hope everyone had a very blessed Easter. We had a wonderful time. For the first time EVER we had both Juan's family and my family under the same roof for a holiday so we didn't have to go rushing around from house to house and I didn't have to make double of every dish. It was wonderful and hopefully many many more holidays like this... We had a great time and everyone had so much fun so hopefully they'll remember that come next holiday, LOL.

I took Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday off for the holiday. I know, I'm so bad! But my new boss is awesome. I don't have to answer to the owner anymore since we hired a CFO and this new guy is so laid back. As long as you have your work done and there are no fires burning he doesn't mind you taking a three day weekend here and there. I come in early and stay late most days and he does too and he always appreciates that. That way he knows I'm not taking advantage of his kindness.

We had such good weather here after Sunday morning's storm. We arrived for Easter service soaked and looking like drowned rats but it was worth it to see the sun shining when we got out. Then yesterday, oh my! It was gorgeous! We spent the WHOLE day outdoors. It was a wonderful day. We finally dragged ourselves home at around 10ish and crawled into bed and watched the amazing race.

I've got loads to catch up on here at work, like always! I'll be back!

Oh and yes, I still don't have a computer at home and haven't had time to go find one yet.... Remember if you ever see any advertised for cheap just let me know! But actually to tell you the truth I kind of like not having a computer at home now. It used to be that Juan would drag that thing into bed with him every night. I hated falling asleep to that horrible glow of the screen... And I find myself reading more now that I don't have a computer. Here at work I don't really have time to just surf around and look around but I used to do that all the time at home. Now I haven't been and I don't really miss it... Oh well, maybe i'll get one but not tell Juan about it, LOL...

I can sit again and it feels wonderful. Doc took the stitches out and said everything healed up real good but that I'm not to exercise for at least 2 weeks.:) Good thing my Boot Camp is over with. (not sure he realized I exercised with them in, hmmmm)

Stopped on the way home at Burger King and got hubby a burger and fries. Got me a garden salad. So I munched on a few of the fries on the way home and now I can't eat the salad. So guess what is for dinner? ??

Welcome back Haydee, I missed you.