Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good evening, Violets..

Had a nice day today. Ethan was here until noon and then Bob and I went out and got stuff to make an Easter basket for Grady. I got a baseball basket (Grady's daddy used to pitch all through High school) lined it with nursing shields (for mommy, of course.. lol) added a little purple stuffed bunny (his mom's favorite color) and some onsies and then added all of his mommy and daddy's favorite candies.

I came home and finally got to ride the terratrike and I didn't want to stop! I went for 45 minutes and would have gone farther, but Bob called and was worried since I said I'd be gone for just a few minutes. It is so much fun and I can't wait to get on again and ride around town. I got lots of comments about the bike. It really is unique.

Tonight we are going to church to walk the labyrinth and then come home and relax. I have a busy day tomorrow. I am directing the choir, lay reader, helper with communion and singing a solo during the offering. It's a song I had not heard before, but the organist picked it out and I just love it. I certainly don't sing it as well as this guy, but I do ok.. lol

Off to finish some laundry before heading to church. BBL.........

Judy...that is one of my absolute favorite songs of all time. I can't believe you haven't heard it! I wish I were going to be there to hear you sing it!!

Nope.. never have heard it before. Our organist plays it on the keyboard for our Gospel Sunday service at the end of the choir season so I know the melody, but had never heard the words. Bob is going to take a flip video of it tomorrow so if it turns out I'll post it somehow.

Off to bed early tonight for a long day tomorrow. Everyone have a good evening. sleep well!

It just took me 2 hours to peel 8lbs of steamed, spiced shrimp for tomorrow! Good thing "The 10 Commandments" was on! My fingers got pruney and now my hands are all itchy & even though I've scrubbed & scrubbed w/every kind of soap we own, my hands still smell shrimpy. I know, I'm such a delicate flower -- hardy har har!!

Baskets are stuffed, gifts wrapped, "Egg or No Egg" prepped... time for bed & visions of chocolate to dance in my head!

G'night my sweet peeps!

I just finished watching Marley and Me with my dh and ds. I just have to say that eventhough it had some cute points and I cried at the end of it . . . I agree with Laura about the parts involving having children being terrible.

That movie makes it seem like having children is unbearably awful and there is nothing great about it. You almost felt sorry for them everytime they got pregnant again. We all have our stressful moments after having children of course, but the great times always offset them and most of the time it is enjoyable.

It wasn't a great flick.

I have heard Marley and Me is a much better book. I haven't seen it yet. I used to rent movies all the time and the grocery store by me quit renting and the Hollywood video by my house went out of business. I did take the "7 Pounds" dvd that my mom and dad had and watched it. It was kind of good. One of those movies that really make you think.

I am not going to church in the morning.

You are a stronger person than I to peel 8 lbs of shrimp!! I once dated a guy that was gone for a bit at a party we went to and when he came back he had peeled my shrimp. I just hate taking their legs off, I think I wouldn't have a problem with the shell, I am just odd.

I wonder if the Easter Bunny will come to my house tomorrow!!

Well I am gonna mellow for a bit and the go to bed, I need to find something to wear tomorrow, since I have gained weight I have nothing.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!!!

Hey Girls~

Nice day here! Went to lunch w/ a friend. Went to library. Went to confession...but they don't do confessions on Holy Sat, so I said the rosary twice, then came home and watched 8 episodes of United States of Tara. THAT IS A GREAT SHOW! I am bummed it is over for the season. I had seen the first four, then needed to catch up. It was great to do NOTHING and watch!

Jane...why are you not going to church in the am? I am even going to the 8am mass.

Heather...I loved Marley and me!! I think the kids were played down because Marley sucked the life out of the couple. It wasn't about them. I laughed and cried like a baby. Like...cried really bad! LOL!

Well, gonna go play scrab once then go to bed.

HAPPY EASTER! HOPE THE BUNNY BRINGS YOU ALL THE GOODIES YOU DESERVE.

PS...my church says Lent ends at 7pm on Thursday night, when Jesus sat for the Last Supper. You could've had the peeps @ 7:01 on Thursday...but they will be all the sweeter tomorrow!

xoxoxoxo

Michelle, try washing your hands with toothpaste. I have family in Washington state who own a fishery, and they have HUGE pump bottles of toothpaste, they use to wash their hands. It also took the skunk smell out of most of my dog----just her face stunk, because the toothpaste could not be near her eyes!!!

Well Manda and I have been watching home videos for HOURS!!! We laughed and cried, and had a wonderful time. Kinsey was so confused!!! She kept saying there is me! It was Manda!!!

So it is after midnight, and I am shutting down and going to bed. Rick will be home tomorrow night sometime! I am sooooooo glad!!!

Will talk to you tomorrow.

Well later today....in fact, let me be the first to wish you a Happy Easter Day!

Love and hugs to all of you!

A very good morning and a Blessed Easter to all my lovely Violets..

I'm off to take a shower and dress for church. 21 degrees here so no frilly spring dress!! More like muc lucs and fur..

Be good to yourselves!!

Good Easter Morning.

The Ham is in the oven baking, I'll pull it out and glaze it later and than have Hubby take it out while I'm at church. Mass doesn't start till 11am. I'm either a Eucharistic Minister or an Usher today. I can't remember which one.

Oh Great Pam, you mean I could have been stuffing my face with my little peeps for the last 2 days???? So sad here.

I love shrimp and we have it periodicly. My dad was a huge shrimp eater. He taught us girls at an early age that when we were done eating, how to keep peeling shrimp for him to eat. I still do that to this day. If there is any shrimp left over I just sit at the table and peel all of it. Makes it easier to just pop in your mouth as you pass the fridge.

It's supposed to get up into the fifties today but they are calling for rain later on. Glad we got the grass cut yesterday.

Have a great day. God Bless all of you.

Morning gals

Happy Easter

hope you all have a great day

Tracyk = congrat on the 3.5

i'm going to be moderately bad today,, cant eat much so could be worse, but that is ok... i went shopping yesterday and am going to have a great week

HAPPY EASTER!

Hope everyone got a basket full of whatever this morning that put a smile on your face! Me, I got good news that my friends son (who was in that bad accident) smiled at his dad today! That is my Easter Basket this morning!

Off the mass. The kids will be here at 9:30. We are going to go spend money, go to the gravesite, and go to the movies!

Have a great day!

Hoppy Easter, Girls!

Sounds like you all have very nice days planned -- enjoy!!

Re: Peeps... someone had put some out in our ofc kitchen last week and I had never had one before (yes, you read that correctly) so I took a bite, started chewing and had to spit it out!! OMG!!! Waaaaayyyyyy too sweet!! You people are nuts!! LOL

We're going to a family BBQ today-- I'm bringing a blueberry cheesecake and a appetizer called "spinach artichoke swirls" made with puff pastry. Yum.

I promise that, starting tomorrow, I am back on the wagon. Short term goal is to at least lose 5#!! Surely I can do that, right?? :cool2: Surely!

I'll check in with you all later! Have a blessed day! Love you all!

Good morning everyone....HAPPY EASTER!!!

Jenn-thanks! I am going to be a little bad today, but not too bad. I am really wanting to stay in the right direction. I like how you said you are going to have a great week....that is positive thinking sista!! :lol:

Terry-I am with you...I can't stand peeps. I love CHOCOLATE! Screw any candy that doesn't have chocolate or at least caramel in it! lol If it doesn't have one of the 2 then I won't eat it...whats the point! lol :thumbup:

Judy-I hope we can see your solo. That would be so nice! Hope you do a great job!

Pamela-a basket full of what would make me smile is money....didn't happen though, lol. I smile just seeing macy smile. That is enough for me :)

Laura-do you really think she (macy) looks like me? I know she acts like me (God help us) but so many ppl say she looks like her dad. I love hearing that she looks like me :cool2:

Heather-I haven't seen Marley & Me yet. I kinda heard how it ends and I do not like movies like that.

Jane-please try not to be sad about gaining. I know it is hard not to, believe me, I know. I refuse to go buy bigger jeans. Luckily I had some in the closet. Lately I have let myself become consumed with the sadness and that only made it worse. Chin up, we can do this, k? (((hugs))) OK, I can't talk about it anymore or I will cry again. lol

Michelle-remind me what egg or no egg is....I know you have told us over & over but I can't remember!

Kat-I wish we could talk on the phone again. dh doesn't go back to work until Tuesday evening. I'll bet you are happy rick is coming home soon!

:party: Hi every other violet sista!!

Edited by TracyK