Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

My ex-husband just called and Evan is up to the same crap he was yesterday!!! Except that today he doesn't have the excuse of being hungry and exhausted!? WTH???

I think he just wants Jay to chase him and BEG and PLEAD with him to come home. After all the drama we had yesterday, I don't think that's going to happen.

He's just being SO WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by TerriDoodle

Terry

I didn't call for results, my dr confirmed what i read, that it was a diagonis that is best determined because the lyme doesn't always show right away, sometimes 6 mos to a year before positive test... I got the bite about 3 1/2 weeks before i felt so bad i went to the dr, so they think I caught it early. Good thing i'm super sensitive and have severe reactions very early!

it has been 10 days of antibiotics and i'm able to stay awake until 9- the last few nights, vs going to bed with Dyan at 7:00 and having to fight to stay awake that long.

The muscle aches still kind of come and go, but they are nothing like they were, and i'm sleeping again.

The Lexapro is helping with the severe depression that came with all this too, and overall, i think it is good for now. I was having anger fits before the depression, I actually almost got into a bar fight the weekend before the muscle thing got out of hand. You have all seen me, i'm a happy drinker... I was so angry, my friends were ready to drag me out of the bar... unwillingly, and i just ordered my first drink, so it was not like i was smashed or anything.

So... I guess i'm beginning to feel more like myself, and the anti depressants are keeping me from having a stroke over the fact i'm done working next friday! I should be freaking out!

they are doing the punch list now, it is huge, maybe i'll be here until June 1? LOL

Terry

You guys are in my prayers... that must be so difficult

Good afternoon, Violets..

It's nice to have all the Violets back where they belong!

I had a busy morning so didn't get a chance to post until now. I had my hospital shift an hour earlier than normal cause my PMS group had our monthly luncheon today. Then I went to pick up a basket of goodies I won as a doorprize. They came to open up our pool and now we have to get a new cover and get a shutoff valve put on the gas heater. My car is in the shop for new brakes. Can we say "chi-ching, chi-ching"?

I'm going to trikke the bike path today with Bob and then I have rehearsal tonight.

Terry... thinking about you and Evan and praying for you today.

I had my tuna/soy nuts/oranges for Breakfast and a nice salad with romaine, apples, walnuts, cheese and a vinaigrette dressing. Very yummy. I'm fixing crab cakes for supper. Not sure what we'll have with them yet.

The Bobster just got back home so I need to go get the bike out and get going. Everyone have a great afternoon. Be good to yourselves.

My husband has good words of wisdom for us; I thought it was just me but I am seeing everyone respond to it lol.

I have been eating ice cream for dinner a lot lately (ho hum).

Russ said the other day "Isn't that one of the 3 foods you aren't suppose to eat because it goes through the band?" At the time I just gave him a dirty look but then 2 days ago I told him OK No more ice cream, let's stop buying it (I get the yummy stuff from Bruesters SIGH).

Anyway, so I got rid of ice cream in the house. Even my unbanded husband knows ice cream is a NO NO food.< /p>

Everyone throw it out, since I hear everyone else has been doing what I have lol.

I just called to schedule a fill, the lady is like "Oh he's booked through June" jeez, I use to get in same day, time to find a local fill doctor, this is my last free fill anyway I think. Then she says they had a cancellation this monday, so Monday I am OFFICIALLY on the band wagon. Going to finish my dove chocolates today (cough cough) and no more junk sweets will be in the house.

A side story, mom told me yesterday last time dad went to doc they said he has diabetes-- he didn't take the meds, or tell anyone. He went back yesterday, it's getting worse (he eats tooooons of sugar and candies and Cookies, and drinks coke like water)...so he has to do the daily finger pricks and he finally told mom; who is livid he was hiding this. So.. hopefully this will encourage dad to get his butt in gear, his diabetes is the kind you can get rid of if you lose weight.

Edit to add, when he said 'one of 3 foods', I'm not sure what the other 2 items were and didn't think to ask.

Edited by FairyFacade

In reference to me, soft drinks is probably one of the 3, not sure what 3 would be for me. Ice cream and soda is pretty much my downfall.

I heard of this trick a few years ago...and I think it works pretty good.

when we get the nite-time muchies, have a bowl of Cereal. You can have Special K or even a sweet cereal (Trix) or whatever. Specail K now has a chocolate cereal. The milk helps you sleep and you have far less calories than in a bowl of ice cream...even it is a big bowl. Wanna check out the choc. thing fo sho!

Dunno what ice cream/cereal you eat, but if I make a bowl of cereal w/milk it's pretty much the same as ice cream.. cereal may have more nutritional, but as for calories mine are the same!!

the cereal thing does help. A few nights ago I wanted ice cream and I didn't have any and Juan wouldn't get out of bed to go get me some (yes, he sometimes does!), so I opted for a small bowl of honey nut cheerios. Satisfied my sweet craving!

I checked, the calorie savings isn't significant. It's only saving you about 135 calories... But it's something!

When I was doing the cereal, I put it Fruity Peebles in a plastic cup. When it is sweet cereal you don't need as much. But the milk helps you sleep. I am going to try the Special K choc...actually there are commercials out about having it at night to help the sweet cravings!

especially when I was pregnant, I craved cereal late nights, so i had honey nut cheerios a lot.. now I am back on ice cream.. well until 2 days ago.. now I am eating dove chocolates. pretty sure they'll be gone by end of day, so i need to just reign in the sweet tooth.