Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Michelle~ We will play DL by ear...let the hangover dictate!

Really? You think we may have hangovers?? Really? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!! :frown:

Fine w/me... it's ALL GOOD with me!!

+ remember I'm hitting WDW in Sept, so I'll have my MM fix this year... in fact, I just scooped up SouthWest super Web fares this a.m. for that trip... saved $300something... yay!

Dear Violets,

Please take a moment to muster all your prayer power for my son, Evan, today. We need them desperately. Too exhausted to go into the details but please help us today...and tomorrow too. And maybe the next one after that while you're at it.

Thanks. I love you all!

Dear Violets,

Please take a moment to muster all your prayer power for my son, Evan, today. We need them desperately. Too exhausted to go into the details but please help us today...and tomorrow too. And maybe the next one after that while you're at it.

Thanks. I love you all!

Will do, sweetie.

Absolutely Terry. I hope everything is okay. I will keep him in my prayers.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day Weekend! We had a blast and am tired as usual.

I think picnics at the cemetary are a cultural thing? We visit my grandmother's and great granmother's grave pretty frequently and almost always picnic there. We don't view death as a somber occassion. We are very festive about it as we feel that our loved ones are in a better place looking down on us. I know my grandmother's greatest joy came when we all came together to Celebrate something so that's usually what we do when we go visit her resting spot. We sit around thinking about her and sharing We have a large family lot with about 10 sites and only three are filled. My grandmother, great grandmother and a cousin that died in an auto accident. We do not disrespect other people when they are there by being loud, as usually we are the only ones around, and we are not 'on top' of other gravesites. I realize that we are not the norm but just wanted to explain that this does happen!

Edited by Haydee

Dear Violets,

Thanks. I love you all!

Done...(((hugs))) love you too!

Terry...what ever you need...purple power to you and Evan.

Thanks Haydee. I know it is cultural...but it is not my culture. Festive celebrations should be done at home w/ family and friends. I don't want to infringe upon anyones idea of respecting their loved one...nor should I be infringed upon. Not sure how it will end, but I've called and made a formal complaint. We will see!

Everyone have a great day!

((Pam)) I know you were hurting yesterday, you were in my thoughts.

And today you and Evan will be in my thoughts Terry, hope everything will be ok.

I've been busy being secretary today. Our cats have eaten the same food for years, we bought a new bag and they won't touch it; act like it's not food. Called the vet, they said to write down the lot number, return it for another bag from another lot and to call Purina. I called and told Purina, they said they don't see any problems with that lot, but will send me a coupon.. now, if there's no problem with the lot that's not what I need to hear (even though it makes them look good) because why else would my cats not touch it.. ugh.

Also the storms we had April 10 with softball size hail, apparently everyone in the area has damage, so my parents (who live a mile away) got $16k to replace roof, hot tub cover, garage doors, and screens.. and my HOA sent a flyer out saying there was damage to homes in the neighborhood, so may as well call your adjuster.

So I did that, they're apparently really behind because of that storm and the tornado that came through here last week.. I'm not in any rush, I don't see immediate damage (holes in our screens, but didn't know insurance covered that; pleasantly surprised)..so waiting for that to happen.

Our dog seems depressed with the new baby in the house, so takin her to the vet Friday to get her thyroid meds renewed, think that'll help.

My sis apparently relapsed on the drug front, so that drama is going on. That girl has so much drama on her life, from her stories I believe lesbian world really is like the L word Pam!! They all sleep/cheat with each other, then take each other back, repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Just told mom about the cat food thing, apparently she uses same food from same store, she said her cats have been getting sick more than usual past 2 weeks, even 1 of her cats who never gets sick has been throwing up. Wonder if it's Purina or the store...

Terry, I will also keep Evan in my thoughts as well.

Pamela, I also think it is a cultural thing as well. I would never expand over to another persons grave but to hang out, read a book, listen to a little music or just shoot the breeze and talk with a family member or friend is not considered a taboo in my family. However, if there were other people visiting nearby, I might dissapear for a little while and then come back. I would always make a point not to infringe on others or make any noise that would disturb anyone.

By the way, that sopapilla cheesecake recipe was wonderful. I made a half batch on Saturday night, had a small corner slice and my dh and ds polished off the entire thing hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream almost immediately. Thank goodness I only made a half batch.

I hope everyone had a wonderful mothers day. My ds gave me a big box of chocolates and my dh gave me flowers. Chocolates are not my friend, lol.

I do hope that daycare loses their license for losing a 3 year old. Anything could have happened, thank goodness he is safe. Since when are blocks acceptable for gate closure . . . and then children are left unattended as well???

Laura, my dh read the comment on his picture from you about him being a stud in FB, lol. I think I will never hear the end of it from my oh-so-incredibly-studly husband now. He loves to ham it up, lol. :0)

Have a happy Monday everyone!!!

Oh lordy, heather you should have never let your husband read that comment. He will forever walk around with a big head, LOL...

I might have to try that sopapilla cheesecake recipe for tomorrow night. Another Rockets game so it means a houseful of boys. So that means no danger of leftovers!

Pam - People just need to be sensitive to others. If we all lived by that mantra then the world would be a better place. Like I said, even though our culture is okay with doing what we do, we are sensitive to the fact that others are there to be reflective. But not everyone is as respectful as we are...

Laura - did you have any hail damage to your cars or do you park them in the garage? At our old house we used to keep the garage clean and cluttler free so that we could park inside but ever since we moved to this house, OVER TWO YEARS AGO, we still have boxes and crap crammed in there. I never go in there cuz it just depresses me, LOL...

Sorry to hear about your sister. Sounds like she needs major major help. Ever thought about going on INTERVENTION with her?

lol sorry heather

our garage only holds 1 car, and we were at work during the storm...russ car had $900 of damage from hail, its in the shop right now....everyone at work had car damage, they were softball size

Terry, You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.