Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Good Friday Morn, My Vi's~~

A regular day today, but w/a coffee break w/my friend in the middle for a nice way to end the week! Then dh & ds leave for Richmond, Va, for the weekend (soccer tournament, 'natch) so it'll be just me & the girls. I think we'll be seeing the Jo Bros movie tonight + dinner out afterward... then just regular activities (the barn & horses mostly) all weekend.

I never heard back from that flouro-scheduler gal, & even after I spoke w/her and she said that she had some spots left for today and that I shouldn't worry if she didn't call me on Weds, that she had my file on her desk & would call me... then she never did call. Ack. It sounds like they only do these on Fridays, so there's at least another week to wait...

Off to shower & get going! I have to wrap XMAS GIFTS to send down to dh's bro & family (that's where dh & ds are staying), as we never did exchange them during the "traditional" timeframe! lol!

Enjoy your day!

Oh! One more thing!

I had a dream about us right before I woke up. When I woke up it was so clear... now it's fading fast... we were all together and Judy brought her whole family w/her & they were all staying in an apartment in the basement of the house and the rest of us were upstairs and drinking & having fun and Judy kept trying to take a shower so she could get ready to come out w/us but she had to keep doing things for the family so I don't think she ever got ready and then a photographer came and was doing a photo shoot of us and THEN we went to a market and someone (don't know who) kept saying we needed a real coconut for the pina coladas so we were searching & searching... & there was some liquor in a violet bottle that said "w/Splenda" on it so we bought that... i don't remember much more... it was funny & scattered... sort of like it really was in TX... a couple of us would be ready at a time but it was like herding cats to get us all ready at the same time! :thumbup:

Michelle - were we wearing our Denny's uniforms in the photo shoot?

Happy Friday......... whew what a week!

DH started taking Chantix this a.m. The dog got neutered yesterday and I had to put a pair of Robby's tighty whitey's on him so that he would lick the stitches! LOL .. I got a shock when the bill was 300.50!!!!!

I was thinking $180-$200.00 at most.....

Robby had a dr apt yesterday too and we are changing him to Concerta.. we start that tomorrow.

I ate chicken fried steak again last night...... me thinks I need another fill!

Oh, I made this last night and it was FABULOUS!!! LOW CARB, TOO! I posted it in the recipe thread.

Artichoke & Parmesan Chicken

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

3/4 C. mayonnaise

3/4 C. grated parmesan cheese

1 large jar (15oz or so) marinated artichoke hearts, drained & chopped

(I also added a couple spoonfuls of capers)

salt

pepper

garlic powder

Preheat oven to 375. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish which has been greased or sprayed with Pam. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, papper and a little bit of garlic powder. Mix together the chopped artichoke hearts, parmesan and Mayonnaise, then spread evenly on top of the chicken breasts. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Topping should be golden brown.

OMG...this is soooooo my type of thing. I love artichoke hearts and parm! MMMMMM let me know next time you make it:wink:

Oh! One more thing!

I had a dream about us right before I woke up. When I woke up it was so clear... now it's fading fast... we were all together and Judy brought her whole family w/her & they were all staying in an apartment in the basement of the house and the rest of us were upstairs and drinking & having fun and Judy kept trying to take a shower so she could get ready to come out w/us but she had to keep doing things for the family so I don't think she ever got ready and then a photographer came and was doing a photo shoot of us and THEN we went to a market and someone (don't know who) kept saying we needed a real coconut for the pina coladas so we were searching & searching... & there was some liquor in a violet bottle that said "w/Splenda" on it so we bought that... i don't remember much more... it was funny & scattered... sort of like it really was in TX... a couple of us would be ready at a time but it was like herding cats to get us all ready at the same time! :thumbup:

HAHA...I loved this dream! Last night I was TRYING to fall to sleep, and I was thinking about the violets. I was wondering if I would dream about ya'll. This sounded like it could be a premenition as well:biggrin:

Michelle - were we wearing our Denny's uniforms in the photo shoot?

OMG...coffee through the nose on this one. Where did I put my Denny's uniform??

Busy day here. Teachers are wearing pink in protest of the pink slips that are going to be issued today! Pop in later.

Hello, running late, surprise, surprise!!

My next door neighbor is going to be on Who wants to be a millionaire today if anyone watches the show. His name is Jim.

Have a good day, and Haydee is this your last work day til vacation? ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning, Violets..

I got to sleep in late today since Ethan doesn't come until noon. Good thing too since I tossed and turned all night. Our concert is this evening so of course all the songs were running through my head.

I get to wear the yucky black shirts someone picked out for the ladies to wear, but the nifty part is I will wear my size 10 black pants and I will NOT be the heaviest woman in the group. yippeeeeeee!! (also not the thinnest, but that's ok).

Michelle... so what you're saying is "keep Judy separated from the rest of the group?" hmmmmmmmmm You get the lovely house and I get the BASEMENT??? What's wrong with this dream???????

6 degrees here right now and the only thing that is keeping me sane is the fact that two weeks and one day from right now this very minute, we'll be on a plane to Hawaii!!!!

Jane...hope your neighbor does well and hope he shares with you!! :thumbup:

TracyinKS... ummmm you WANT the dog to lick the stitches so you put tightie whiteies on him???????

Off to take my shower and get ready for the day. Everyone make it a good one!!!

I have a conference call at 10 with my millionth irrational customer today (this week has been so weird!!!!). I am so tired of them and their demands. I guess everyone is in bad moods from the economy and think they can just make irrational demands from their vendors and we're suppose to pull a magic wand out of our ass and make the impossible-possible.

I have been dreading this, I even had a dream about it.. the lady(I am nice by using this word) came down to the plant and she was actually nice in my dream.. I guess my body was trying to make me feel better.

My right hip is hurting so bad today, feels like a crick in it. I hate going to bed at night now, it makes my back hurt so bad when I wake up. I am having to limp again and it took me 5 minutes to get from my car to my office!!

Here's a funny..

Dog Sleep-Runs into a Wall is Today's BIG Thing - MAR 03, 2009

Oh here's another funny, especially for you teachers :thumbup:

162_120.jpg

Hey Girls,

Weird day here. We have Honor Roll dance, and track meet. I have 10-11 kids out today. So, the kids I have left are watching School House Rock.

This has been the longest week too. Can't wait for it to be over, haha. We are going to the wedding rehearsal tonight. I am the wedding coordinator tomorrow...so I am in charge of stuff! VIP...haha. Again, these are the girls I married in Sept, but now they are having a huge wedding and dinner for 120! Other than that...we are relaxing a bit and Sus will have a double header Sunday evening. It is supposed to be 85 Sunday...and almost 90 on Tuesday! aaahhh!

Did I mention that next Sat. we are going to the mens semi finals at the Tennis Gardens? Can't wait! It is part of the birthday gift I got for her (and for me too). Then on April 2, we are going to see Melissa Ethridge! I like these gifts...that I get to enjoy too.

Ok..enough about me!

xoxoxox

Hello girlies... lunch time check-in... just enjoyed a boca burger sans bun & some fresh pineapple... mmm...

After a morning of errands & coffee, this aft I SHOULD work but visions of a nap keep taunting me... which will win?... work or nap?... really, it doesn't take a nuclear physicist to figure out this one! lol!! I predict that the minute dh & ds hit the road (2pm), I'll hit the couch! :thumbup:

Enjoy your afternoons!

PAM -- we need tat pics!!

Ok, I know I said I wasn't going to do it, but I did... I just joined Twitter... I'm mdrai on there, too, if any of you want to add me... I'm giving it a whirl!

Sorry.. don't do Twitter. I'm a Facebook kinda girl. I love being able to talk to former Kindergarten students on there. Ethan is taking a breather from Wii bowling and is "reading" some of his books. I need to go practice a little for the concert tonight. Sure will be glad when that is done!!

Catch everyone later.. Gotta go pay my cell phone bill!

Oh here's another funny, especially for you teachers :thumbup:

That was hilarious. It started off being a little off kilter . . . but steadily declined from there. The comment regarding Hitler really had me laughing :0).

That paper made me laugh, not sure the premise of it. Reminds me of (this is a true story!!!) in 8th grade we had to do a project on something in biology. We got to pick what we wanted to do. In my google attempts, I came across a 'fake' biology thing. It was like made-up sea creatures (blatently fake, with googley eyes and all). Anyway, on presentation day, some girl actually used that--thinking it was real. The teacher wasn't paying close attention, she said something like "I've never heard of that.." but gave the girl a good grade. Neither of them realized it was some joke website..

Just got back from O'charley's.. Russ & I both got Salmon, they gave him a tiny dinky piece, so I cut mine in half and gave him half of mine.. then I went to eat mine and it was RAW in the middle. Grossed me out quite a bit, sent it back and he and my friend were done eating before they brought me back out one. But the one they brought me (prepared by manager after us having the 2 complaints), was the best salmon I've had there in a LONG time. Heh! They ended up only charging us $12 for both of our meals (Normally $14.99 each + drink).

That was the good part, but I'm going to have a hard time ordering salmon again from them. TGIF gave me the raw shrimp once, so I no longer can order their shrimp stuff.. Chili's undercooked Tilapia once so I can't get their Tilapia anymore (which I really loved).. everyone keeps ruining my fav foods. Seafood is one thing I just can't do raw, even the thought of it raw just UGH, and I have a hard time ordering it again.

I definitely need a nap, I vote Nap Michelle!!!