Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

I am back from my fill and HOLY CRAP I can tell!!!!!!!!

I weighed 200.6 on their scale...... I about puked right there...... but because of that she did give me a fill, said she wanted to get me turned back around. Luckily this morning I weighed 192 so I knew the real number....

No chewing until Friday at Noon........ so I made a Soup mix and I am really full now. GLORIOUSLY FULL! Hope this was the boost I needed to get my act together.

Charles was p.o.'d........ saying "GREAT, Now we get to STARVE again!" I said, "I've GAINED 25 lbs, I've got to get it under control" He just rolled his eyes........ oh well, he will never accept my band..... I've come to realize it.

Have a great rest of the day...........

Oh and if I would let UNO the wonderdog sleep with us he would........ but he has gotten HUGE, and he sheds like a maniac.... so no way..... he is in his kennel at night, and on weekends that it is just Robby and I, I try to let him sleep on a doggie bed on the floor next to my side of the bed...... He usually wakes up about 2:00 a.m. and then I put him back in his kennel......

he is only a year old......

Quick check-in... I ran into my neighbor @ the grocery store a bit ago and he was all, "You look Fantastic!" and I said "Thank You" but on the inside I was like "Ugh. I do not. I am fat. Bleh." Whatever. & so it goes... I hope to go to the Y later & walk... my back is mostly all better today, just a few tweaks... bleh... will this "journey" ever be OVER??? Really. I want this year to be IT for stressing over LOSING weight. But why can't I remember that when faced w/food?? Hmmm? This 13-lb run from 250 down to 237 is killing me! Lose 10, gain 8, lose 6, gain 4, lose 10, gain 5... it's like some kind of freaking ping-pong game! Bleh bleh bleh.

We have a Queen & I wish it were bigger. Our 2 fat cats sleep w/us... Chai usually between my knees & Mo up by my head...

401k is pissing me off to no end. I lost over 40% last year, down 20% for this year so far.. my only solace is that I am getting cheap stock, that HAS to go up one day..

But a couple weeks ago I got a notice from employer that I failed an ADP test, I contributed too much (which is silly, since I only contribute 10% of up to 15% I can contribute). In any event, it said I over contribued $670 last year.. so they are cutting me a check and I have to claim it on 2008 income. Been waiting for that, so I call them today to find out when they're sending it.. they said it will be on 2009 income so no tax form is coming.. but that the amount they show is $430. It ends up, they get to keep any gains or losses from the 'invested money' that they won't let me invest. I am so pissed. It's not a huge amount of money, but damn.. I didn't get to keep any stocks for that, so I don't get to try to make that money back.. I'm just out the money. Argh.

My Klausy and I used to sleept together. I miss that...we would curl up w/ me in the winter and at 140 pounds...he kept me warm. He is my Rottie and when he was a baby, he would jump down...so I would go pick him up. Then he got too big. We slept together for 5 years. It was hard though, he was outside all day then would come in for bed. My bed OFTEN felt like the beach...sandy everywhere. But he was the baby right?? Then, the baby kept getting bigger and bigger. I would wake up and he would be standing over my head...not inappropriately, but like Alpha dogging me. I AM THE BOSS OF YOU MOMMY. Kinda freaked me out. The night before my mom died, I put all three (2 have since passed) dogs out because I knew I would need to call the ambulance. They (well Klaus now) never came back in. After she died, I remodeled, and then...well...just never wanted to deal w/ the dog hair again. I feel bad but, he has a twin bed, enclosed (or is it inclosed??) patio, and a HUGE yard. LIfe is not too bad for him!

bbl

My cat would sleep between my calves...it would get SO hot I would kick him off. Then in the mornings when he was ready for ME to get up he would come nibble on my scalp...my hair would get stuck in his teeth...I sure miss him!

...Then in the mornings when he was ready for ME to get up he would come nibble on my scalp...my hair would get stuck in his teeth...I sure miss him!

aww too cute. When my Princess is ready for ME to get up she sits on my chest and starts tapping me with her two front paws. Tap tap tap tap... it could just go on and on...

My dogs are not the least bit nasty! Cleaner than most kids i see running around everywhere! They are beautiful maltese with silky white hair that doesn't shed. They always smell like Chanel #5 which I spray on them after their weekly baths, even the two boys, LOL. Juan hates that! He thinks I should spare the boys but I just love holding them and burying my face in their coat and they always smell so sweet! We are at our limit with 4 though! Even though they are little they do like to sprawl out when they sleep...

TracyKS - that's awesome about your fill!! I need one so so so bad. I'm gonna make an appointment for the weekend of the 28th and hopefully my gain will make her realize that I do NEED A FILL...

Cassy gets weekly baths, but she's a perv.. she likes to 'clean herself' a lot.. too much.. I always tell Russ it's beyond cleaning. It really annoys me, so when she curls up to sleep she lays there with her head between her legs, licking (and making a wet spot on whatever she's laying on). Make me sick if that was on the bed.

She has a bed on the floor next to Russell's side of the bed. She is an indoor dog, but despite cleaning her, after a day or two she starts to smell like dog. I've always hated the smell of dog.. so..

I have been having to make low-carb crap since Russ is on Atkins.. I made a casserole last night that was pretty good, thought I'd pass it on..

Brown 1lb of hamburger meat with 1 small diced onion, 2 stalks of diced celery, and some mushrooms (I didn't use mushrooms).

Then mix it with 1/4c mayo, 8oz shredded cheddar, 2 cans of french-cut green Beans, garlic salt, salt & pepper in a dish. Bake 350 for 40m. I topped it with crumbled bacon. Then I put those fried onions on top of mine, Russ put sour cream on top of his.

Gaa, I hate licking sounds! I can't stand that! Drives me batty...

Taking off now. It turned into a gorgeous day so I'm gonna get home and get on my bike a take a ride around the neighborhood. Then we're meeting some friends for dinner at TFI Fridays.

Have a great rest of your night!!

Question for all you smart girlies... what's the deal w/flax?? I bought a box of ground flaxseeds today... I know they're supposed to be good for you, & I was in the wholesome foods area & saw it, so I bought it... but I don't know why they're good for you. I sprinkled 1/2 a packet into my blueberry yogurt Protein Shake just now... don't taste them... just wondering... I guess I can google it... but I know at least one of you will know... smarty pants!!

Oh Yeah...

We have a Cal King (no one has mentioned this size yet) Temperedic Bed...I love it! We scooch over to touch just a bit while falling to sleep, but then part ways and snooze all through the night w/o touching.

Hey Pam...how do you like your Tempurpedic? Which mattress do you have? My hubby and I are thinking about ordering the split calking Rhapsody with the ergo base (adjustable head/feet w/massage). I've heard mixed reviews about these beds...some say that the tempurpedic mattresses break down after a few years (despite their 20 yr warranty), some say they're too firm, some say they smell bad at first, some say they're too hot...others say they're the best investment they've ever made when they've had back or neck problems...what's your thoughts on it since you sleep on one every night? I want to make sure that we're making the right choice since this is a pretty big investment ($8100 + tax) because of the ergo base....

Hey Pam...how do you like your Tempurpedic? Which mattress do you have? My hubby and I are thinking about ordering the split calking Rhapsody with the ergo base (adjustable head/feet w/massage). I've heard mixed reviews about these beds...some say that the tempurpedic mattresses break down after a few years (despite their 20 yr warranty), some say they're too firm, some say they smell bad at first, some say they're too hot...others say they're the best investment they've ever made when they've had back or neck problems...what's your thoughts on it since you sleep on one every night? I want to make sure that we're making the right choice since this is a pretty big investment ($8100 + tax) because of the ergo base....

Denise, all of the above...especially the best investment ever. I LOVE it...and wake up refreshed every day. We don't have too many bells and whistles according to the price you mentioned, ours was 4k retail, but we bought it at a HOME SHOW for 3200. You have to have their base. I really love it, but I recommend you lay on one BEFORE YOU SPEND. They are hard...but after 2 nights, you are used to it...and don't wake up feeling like shit, kinked or crocked. My friend bought the sleep number bed...and hates it, wishes she bought the temperpedic. Good luck!

Question for all you smart girlies... what's the deal w/flax?? I bought a box of ground flaxseeds today... I know they're supposed to be good for you, & I was in the wholesome foods area & saw it, so I bought it... but I don't know why they're good for you. I sprinkled 1/2 a packet into my blueberry yogurt Protein shake just now... don't taste them... just wondering... I guess I can google it... but I know at least one of you will know... smarty pants!!

Flax is used for regularity. Might want to sprinkle some on Mo's food too. lol

My two cats, Wesley and Bailey, (litter mates) sleep on the bed, but I have to have the blanket on top of the comforter so that they can sleep under it if they want. Yep, they are spoiled rotten!! Wesley, a sweet boy, will sleep with his head on my pillow and his paw reaching out to touch my face. Bailey, my pretty girl, loves to lick my face and especially lip balm. Drives me crazy -- hate it!! Sometimes I can get her to massage my back -- love that!! I have a queen bed that I share with the cats. I'm not sure that it's big enough to share on a regular basis, but so far that hasn't been a problem....

Today was a pretty good day since I got the reporting package finished and sent to the auditors. Yippee!! I left work at 6:15 and went to Curves. I feel great after working out -- it's been two weeks. Need to remember this feeling!! I also called and scheduled a fill for Monday to help get the eating back on track.

Have a good evening!!