Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

JEN: YOU DESERVE TO BE TREATED NICELY!

All those years with Kev jerking you around has screwed your sense of what is normal up.

CHILL OUT and Relax....... and let the nice guy BE NICE

OH and thanks Gina!

I'm trying tracy

We were talking again and he was telling me sometimes the guys go out after work to come down - and i said that is important, i do the same thing and my girl time is very important to me... and he told me that would be great if i called on the way to the bar and meet him there to unwind.

I know crazy but i can't give up my me time, i can't be smothered

i smell something burning

got to get up

oh and did i mention asking everyone in the area about me and driving by my house to check on me?

I am not ready for this, no matter who it is i'm having a panic attack and don't know how to nicely say i like you but i need lots of space. i told him that i'm still semi invlved with kev and that he has been a big part of my life for 17 years so i'm looking to take things one day at a time, just didn't expect it to be every day

breathe.... he has told his dd about me, his mother, his entire family and is talking to my best friend about us.... 2 hr ride and a diner..

you need to be honest with him and tell him that you need space or else he is going to scare you away... if you don't he will smother you and you will be running anyway.

Jenn - I'm seriously the last person to be giving you guy advice but I feel that right now you should just concentrate on you. You need to do a lot of healing after all the crap that kev has dragged you through. Why don't you swear off guys for a little while? I think that once you stop obsessing over guys then you will be ready to share your life with someone...

Take my advice with a grain of salt but I just would like the best for you and for you to heal...

Hey ya'll,

did you see Oprah today? WOW...it was great, and quite honestly scarey. She talked about falling off the wagon. She is doing Best Life all week, and had a great week lined up. Today was really amazing!

I agree w/ haydee about Jenn's Kev. But I think it would be great for her to feel and experience what a normal caring, giving and interested man is like. For years, she waited for Kev to remove his head from his ass..and now, it seems "new guy" (what is his name again) already has removed his head and is ready to be in a loving relationship. But, at the same time, I hope "new guy" understands about personal boundaries...and NOT encroaching on them. I'd tell him to up front that you can give him a couple nights a week, but you need to BALANCE w/ your "me" time and your family.

LOL, I am full of rum balls, so what do I know...KIDDING!

I kind of lost belief in the Oprah thing when she said she just found out she has thyroid issues. That is something that should have been found long ago--it is something they checked me for when I had my post partum check up at 21! I cannot imagine someone with all the one on one attention she has, not picking up on that before.

I wish for her sake she would quit looking down her nose at WLS. OK it might not be for her....I can accept that. But it is NOT the easy way out, nor is it instant success, but it DID improve my health drastically!

Her situation really hit home with me, tho----knowing if she could not DO it, lose the weight and keep it off, with personal trainers and chefs, and all the help--then maybe I was not such a failure! It made me feel very human. But one thing I learned that she did not, during the down time in my history of yo yo dieting, I learned not to get smug!!! All it took for me to learn that lesson was regaining the first time!!

I look forward to the rest of the week. I hope to get some good insight out of it all.

I know that sounds like I am an Oprah hater, and I'm not! She just frustrates me like my cousin does, she always has a better way, and disses my decision to be banded, and yet she is still 300 pounds and has all the support at her fingertips and ignores it!

One of my oldest friends come by tonight. She moved away 15 years ago. She divorced, and moved back to where her family was. She had a daughter, and not long after getting settled she decided she wanted to adopt. Being single was detrimental---even more so 10 years ago. So years later she still had no adoption in the works. In the end she adopted a little Vietnamese/American boy when he was about 2. He is 9 now, and one of those kids you can just tell is going to be Mr. Popularity! His name is Rhys. I thought that was awful---with his nationality---and it is pronounced Rice-----but it fits him so well now, and he is a totally cool kid! He has pale brown eyes---you can see his American father in there. Her Daughter is now 17! Going to graduate this year.....time flies!

Well Jenn......I agree with all the advice given!!! The best thing to keep in mind in my opinion is that he might not be Mr. Right.....but if he treats you well, he can be Mr. Right Now! Don't go letting it get too serious too fast. And compared to Kev, most men will treat you very well----BUT he is human, and if it seems like he might be too good to be true---he may be! Take your time, enjoy your dates, don't try to see the future. If you feel like seeing him on Friday, do it! If you don't tell him you have plans. In the meantime, if he makes you feel valued, and makes you feel like you deserve better then good enough! Worry about YOU! And if he helps worry about you, then he might be someone worth having around!!

Rick is having a hard time with my depressive state right now. He is the best at not pushing---but I catch him staring at me, his hugs holding on longer than usual, more just because phone calls during the day.....I know he wants to help. And knowing that DOES help. But in the end, this is something I have to deal with.....but having you guys there to remind me that shovelling food in my mouth is NOT helping----that helps too!!

Well I am off to check my last load of laundry----I did all the bedding, I did laundry ALL day long!

Kat

Well I made an appointment today to see the fill place that Suzie told me about. They have a satelite office in St. Peters, about 30 - 45 minutes away. I go in the 19th of the month, and she will do a barium swallow and see if I am ready for a fill. If I am, she will give me one, if not, she will wait. They are running a special for 1st time customers of $50 office visit. Not too bad. The fills though are $250. I really don't have a clue how much they cost! Is that about right?

Thanks Suzie for the link!!!!

Getting an early morning start to the day today by making bazillions of copies for school.

Make it a good one, Vi's!

Morning gals

Thanks for your advice, i just couldn't breathe - and the i got up and read my horoscope and it agreed with everything( how funny is that)

I am going to tell him I enjoy his company but moving way too fast and i need to step back. nicely of course!

I got to change my ticker this am! YIPEE!!! and i'm still really swollen and I got my monthly visit this am! I'm so happy, that means when my swelling is gone i should be in onderland! I'm so happy about that

Off to get ready for work - going to go in at 8 and who knows what time im staying, maybe until 2:30 or so, short day for the first one back

Good morning, Violets..

Ethan has arrived for the day. He was here from noon to 9 last night. Today it's from 8 til 5. He's talking more and more each day. It's nice to finallly be Grama instead of Mommom. He keeps saying.. "what doin?" while I sit here typing.

Well, the 5 day plan is working for me. I'm down 5# so far and so happy to be out of the 180's again. 5 more pounds and I'll be back to my lowest.

Jenn.. I wish I had some advice for you, but I found the right guy first time around and don't have the experience others have.

Jane.. hope things go well at the fill place today. Our fills I think are around $150 but our insurance covers them.

Kat.. I'm with you on the Oprah story. It just goes to prove what my doctors told us at the seminar. 92% of people that diet and lose weight will gain it back and more. She is one that would benefit from the lapband, but she's so against surgery, she'll never know.

One of our lapband support people is going in for surgery on the 9th. That's one more added to the ranks! Our next support group meeting is the 17th and I had a call from someone yesterday asking about it. I'm sure glad I started it because it seems to fill a need here in Alpena.

Ethan is asking for milk so I better go get him some. Will check in later.. Everyone have a great day!

Good Evening Girls -- Thanks for understanding and being so supportive!

Tracy - good job on your blog video's. I reviewed the pictures again from last years Shrinking Violet's gathering - everyone looks so happy and energized.

Today was day 3 of my pouch test. I did okay -- I have had:

Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks (3) two with PB in them mmmmm..

1/2 bowl of Brocolli cheese Soup from Jason's Deli

Some homemade egg salad.< /p>

As of this morning - total 4.8 loss (I gained .2 lbs due to BAD BAD day 2 which include 1/2 hagan daaz ice cream - 2 pc of pizza - and cold coffee -- I suck what else can I say.)

Have a great evening.

Gina - 4.8# loss!!! That's awesome!! Doesn't it feel good to see the numbers moving in the RIGHT direction? It's so nice to see you posting here... wish you'd come around more often!
Well I made an appointment today to see the fill place that Suzie told me about. They have a satelite office in St. Peters, about 30 - 45 minutes away. I go in the 19th of the month, and she will do a barium swallow and see if I am ready for a fill. If I am, she will give me one, if not, she will wait. They are running a special for 1st time customers of $50 office visit. Not too bad. The fills though are $250. I really don't have a clue how much they cost! Is that about right?

Thanks Suzie for the link!!!!

I know it sounds expensive, but it sounds about average considering they did not do your surgery. I've seen some that have to pay as much as $500 or more! Considering what they actually DO, it's highway robbery no matter how you look at it...but it is what it is. My flexible spending account reimburses for my fills, if you have one of those.
Morning gals

Thanks for your advice, i just couldn't breathe - and the i got up and read my horoscope and it agreed with everything( how funny is that)

I am going to tell him I enjoy his company but moving way too fast and i need to step back. nicely of course!

Ok, I'll say it. I think he sounds like he's a little bit obsessive, if you ask me. Yeah, tell him to back off a bit and see how he reacts...that will tell you a lot! ((Hugs, Jenn)) Have a good day at work -- and TAKE IT EASY!

Kat - I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. Remember, things will get back to normal in a few weeks and you are so disciplined...it won't take long for that weight to drop off again! I promise!! It's just those dang steroids! They make you want to eat like a horse!! Try not to lose faith. You haven't lost control -- not anything close to it -- it's just something that can't be helped right now. Accept it and roll with it as best you can. (((Hugs)))

Well, I'm not losing any grand amounts of weight on the pouch test, but I feel better... will just keep on keepin' on. It's a miserable day here today--rainy and cold! It's still so dark out and it's 8:00a!

Good morning.......... just posted today's video...

down .2 lbs... but I did have 3 bowls of the pumpkin Soup and it seemed like I ate a lot yesterday... I think I had about 5 tuna patties.

Did not drink the lemon tonic this morning, and I get to go get my pap today YIPPEEEEEE not... but I will most likely get a refill for my celexa YIPPPPPEEEEE for real.

today 189.2

Back from school w/the copies... now I'm going to "treat" myself & watch Oprah from yesterday while I collate & staple 400 PTA newsletters!! I'm a sucker for all the "Best Life" hoo-ha. What can I say, anything motivational helps.

TracyKS, I meant to tell you this previously, but reading about your lemon "tonic" jogged my memory about just hot lemon Water being helpful/cleansing... so when I first come downstairs in the a.m. to make kids' lunches, I make a cup of hot water, mix in a t. of lemon, & enjoy. I don't add sweetener as I get enough of that already. I can't say as it's helping, but I figure it's not hurting, & it's 1 cup in before 6:30am.

Oh, another "trick" I'm pulling on myself is to leave a full 16.9 oz bottle of water by my bathroom sink, so it's there when I take my pills & then sip on as I get ready... I make myself finish it before I'm done. So then that's 3 servings of h20 in before 8am!

Ok, off to staple. I know, you wish you had my glamourous life!!

Ok, off to staple. I know, you wish you had my glamourous life!!

Let's see... stapling--potty training, stapling--potty traing. Yup.. YOU have the glamorous life!!