Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

Ok so I know my pouch is dialated and today I'm going to commit to a 2 week liquid diet and I really need your guys support. It's very hard for me because I love food so much. I need to get this stomach shrunk and back on the bandwagon. Thanks for everyone's support.:)

StrangeDZ Thanks for all your help. I lost 2.5 pound since 11/3 because the thought of going to another dr. got me thru the sugar withdrawls. I now feel accountable to you if I don't continue to lose each week, I know I have to make that appt. It's working. And finally I am feeling better about myself. This thread is great!!!!

:) Keep up the good work!!!

Glass half full girl---- I don't mean to discourage you but it took me 7 fills to get too tight. Apparently some of us need tighter restriction. And if the Dr does it too fast the band could slip. So keep hanging in there. Are you stopping all fluids 1/2 hr before and after each meal? Is it taking you appox. 1/2 hour to each a 1/2 cup of Protein. Yes that's very slow but it takes that long to signal the brain that food is in the stomach. Those too thoughts might help. At least now you are seeking help to use the tool. So go for the skinny and healthy you.

Missy224- Glad you are finally taking some positive action to get on track. Even if you only last a week it should do the trick. I'll be waiting to here your next posts as my hubby's birthday is 2/24, my daughter name is Missy, and my sister lives in Houston. So make the thread proud.

How awesome is that! Not too many people I know that have the same birthday as me. My name is actually Melissa but I go by Missy sometimes. I look forward to posting my daily progree on here. Thanks for the kind words :)

ok I am excited last week I went to the gym 5 days in a row. I went to the gym this morning and plan on going everyday this week. I have been watching what I've been eatting and I feel very motived and I really think you guys are to blame. So thanks for helping me back up on the band-wagon.

ok I am excited last week I went to the gym 5 days in a row. I went to the gym this morning and plan on going everyday this week. I have been watching what I've been eatting and I feel very motived and I really think you guys are to blame. So thanks for helping me back up on the band-wagon.

Good for you, girl!!! :) Keep up the good (hard) work!

Ok so I know my pouch is dialated and today I'm going to commit to a 2 week liquid diet and I really need your guys support. It's very hard for me because I love food so much. I need to get this stomach shrunk and back on the bandwagon. Thanks for everyone's support.:thumbup:

How did you find out your pouch was dilated? That scares the crap outta me! I'm seriously nervous about that happening to me. Good luck with your liquids and please let us know how you are doing :)

Ok so I know my pouch is dialated and today I'm going to commit to a 2 week liquid diet and I really need your guys support. It's very hard for me because I love food so much. I need to get this stomach shrunk and back on the bandwagon. Thanks for everyone's support.:)

Have you tried the Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test ? It really helps get your pouch back to where it should be and get you back on track....

How did you find out your pouch was dilated? That scares the crap outta me! I'm seriously nervous about that happening to me. Good luck with your liquids and please let us know how you are doing :)

My doctor did a barium swallow and saw it was dialated. It can happen if you overeat. I've had my band for 4 years and didn't get it checked for 2 years so I never knew other than being able to eat anything. So I'm back to basics, liquid diet for atleast a week and maybe the 2nd week mushies.

Have you tried the Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test ? It really helps get your pouch back to where it should be and get you back on track....

Actually I have researched the pouch test. Have you tried it? I also have a question, where it says what you eat on each day is that the only thing you can eat or can you keep doing liquids with each day as well?

Bounser - You are doing great keep it up. It only takes 21 days to creat a habit. You are well on the way. Keep us posted on your progress

Normally as soon as ketosis, the burning of fat as energy, kicks in you will lose the hunger feeling. At the most 3 days if you stay away from high carbs. If your not there yet you will be soon. Just think of how good you will feel in 6 months with this decision. Keep it up.

I ate Cookies and drank high calorie fruit punch last night till I thought I'd pop! :crying: I couldnt stop! I dont know what is wrong with me.

I had a satisfying dinner and did so well all day. I didnt PB but I went to bed with the worst stomach ache!

I felt sooooooo full, but I kept shoving down those homemade sugar Cookies and washing it down with that fruit punch... UGH.

Sometimes I dont know why I even bother.... Seems no matter what I do, I screw myself. I kinda felt like, why stop? You already went there.... if that makes any sense... :)