Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

I stepped on the scale this morning and I have gained 1.5 pounds. I don't get it . I'm following the lists of foods that i'm supposed to eat. I drink Water all day and have started exercising. Help !! What could be going on ?

relax! When did u get banded? people do fluctuate..have u had a fill yet? whats ur eating habits?? give us more info so we can help u..

Also remember muscle ways more than fat so if you gaining muscle from exercise you probably still losing fat without losing weight.

Could also be down to your cycle ?

I also gain a pound then loose it right after .

Dont panic .. it will come off :)

1.5 lbs. is not anything to get worked up about. Some days I can gain and lose that amount within the same day, it is normal to have slight fluctions. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will do fine.

relax! When did u get banded? people do fluctuate..have u had a fill yet? whats ur eating habits?? give us more info so we can help u..

Thank you! In the morning,I typically have yogurt,for lunch,I might have a small amount of tuna on a wheat wrap,which I was told was fine,I have not even 1/2 of it. For dinner,I typically have like steamed veggies and a small amount of fish. I haven't had a fill yet. My first fill will be in January. I was flying high last Wednesday at my first post op appt but now it seems the scale won't budge. I had my surgery on November 3rd. Am I expecting too much ?

1.5 lbs. is not anything to get worked up about. Some days I can gain and lose that amount within the same day, it is normal to have slight fluctions. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will do fine.

Thank you for your response. I'm just nervous about messing up. I worry if i'm not drinking enough ,or even eating enough.I'm still trying to figure it all out. I don't have my first fill until January 8th. Is this all normal?

Could also be down to your cycle ?

I also gain a pound then loose it right after .

Dont panic .. it will come off :(

I wondered if maybe that was it. I had my surgery on November 3rd so maybe i'm expecting too much but i'm still bummed. I started right before I had the surgery but the interesting this is ,is I have felt kind of crampy like i'm going to start again ,any day . It's strange.

Thank you for your response. I'm just nervous about messing up. I worry if i'm not drinking enough ,or even eating enough.I'm still trying to figure it all out. I don't have my first fill until January 8th. Is this all normal?

It is absolutely normal. Just eat when you are hungry and stop eating when you are no longer hungry. Keep a Water bottle with you at all times and sip often.

Don't get discouraged, remember this is not a quick fix! Get use to it. It is going to happen many times on your journey. If you let it play with your head every time you will go insane. If you are eating right, exercising, and following the band rules, that is all you can do and it will come off. Again, it will take longer than gastric bypass, but that is a fact we all knew when we signed up for having the lap band. Relax and work on making yourself the healthiest you, you can be. That's the journey, not how fast it comes off. Life changes! You will do great, just remember it's about health and the weight changes will follow. GOOD LUCK, AND DON'T BE OBSESSED WITH THE SCALE!

I just think its awesome that you lost 40 two weeks. I personally didn't think you could loose weight that fast. I had my surgery on the 6th and I have lost nearly 15. Man, that's exciting. Don't trip over 1.5lbs. You lost 40 pounds!!!!! That is awesome. I am waiting to eat food. I am still on the Soups and hating it!!!

I would try not to weigh yourself more than once a week. Your weight is going to fluctuate daily so if you are weighing daily you are going to have lots of disappointments. It sounds like you are making good food choices and the exercise is even better. Just keep working at it and don't give up! :rolleyes2:

You need to not pay attention to the scale. Not to sound crude, but you could lose 1.5 lbs on a trip to the bathroom. You're two weeks out, don't worry about losing now.

Thank you! In the morning,I typically have yogurt,for lunch,I might have a small amount of tuna on a wheat wrap,which I was told was fine,I have not even 1/2 of it. For dinner,I typically have like steamed veggies and a small amount of fish. I haven't had a fill yet. My first fill will be in January. I was flying high last Wednesday at my first post op appt but now it seems the scale won't budge. I had my surgery on November 3rd. Am I expecting too much ?

Omg, have you lost 40 lbs all post-op or was some of it from the pre-op diet? Either way, you are doing amazing. I'm 7 wks. out and I've only lost 22 lbs. I'm frustrated b/c I haven't lost anything in the last 3 wks. I'm running and exercising. I too, have all the conerns that you do. Am I eating too much, too little, not getting enough fluids in? All those questions. We do need to be patient but its not easy considering we wanted the weight off like yesterday. Good luck!:rolleyes2:

You may be expecting too much too fast. You are just starting to take in more regular foods and havent had a fill yet. Many stall out at this time. Also your body is still in shock, it may be trying to hold on to a little weight right now.

We all go through this but it passes. I can also tell you that most of us who have been banded lose in fits and starts . . . occasional small gains offset by bigger losses. Plateaus happen from time to time. As long as the bigger picture shows a downward trend month after month, and you are exercising and eating healthy, there is nothing to worry about.