Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Stoke-on-Trent?

HI my name is Lisa and I had my band fitted on Jult 11th at the Nuffield. Ive lost 17.5kg and feel great. Ive dropped from a size 24 to 18 ( Evans) I would love to chat with anyone who has had a band longer than me in my area x

Hi Lisa

i have not been banded yet, i'm still trying to get somewhere with the nhs which is a bloody long process, but i'm from Rugeley which is not far from stoke so just wanted to say Hi :thumbup: and congrats on your weight loss so far, you must be so pleased.

Spk Soon

Natalie :thumbup:

hiya im laura i avnt havnt a band but really want 1 wat do i have to do and where i start . from the nhs ? help !!

im from stoke too :thumbup: xx

Hi Laura

well first you need to go and see your GP and ask them to referr you for gastric band, some doctors are quite willing to do this but others are not so helpful and unless you have tried everything else like the tablets they can prescribe you they wont referr you, so it's a bit of a battle from the start.

I had to ask my doc twice and then she agreed and referred me to Birmingham which i had no luck with so now she is referring me to walsall so ive just got to wait to get an appointment through from them to go for consultation:rolleyes2:, then it they agree it will be on the waiting list etc, like i said it can be a very slow process on the nhs route but for some ppl like me it's the only option cuz i would never be able to get the funds together to go private.

Good luck with your GP

Natalie:smile:

hiya

arh thankz will do that will try

i did go to the nurse but she wasnt any help sed ive got do again the gym n deitrist. :smile2::wink2:

i no been told its takes a while least ur a step forward thou :mellow: let me no how u go on thou suga

thankz for all ur help nattalie

lauraxx

No problem, yes i will keep you posted on how i'm getting on, dont forget keep nagging your gp, i heard someone say that those who shout the loudest seem to go furthest and it seems to be true, lol :tongue2:

:rolleyes2:Hi, my name is Jenny, I live in Chell Heath. I am being banded by Mr Cheruvu on 2nd January. I would like to hear about your experience at the nuffield, and what diet did you follow prior to having the band in x x

Hi Jenny wow 2009 is going to be your year. I would love to chat, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me

Lisa x:smile:

:thumbup:Hi again. Hope u don't mind me asking u questions. How much weight have u lost since u were banded and are u worried about loose/excess skin?? Were u banded by mr cheruvu, what was ur experience like?? Do they offer a support group meeting? I should ask these questions when I've been for my pre-op appointment but i keep forgetting.

HI - if you want to send me a private message I will give you my phone number and we could have a chat

look forward to hearing from you x

( you cab send a private message via the box in the top right hnd corner)

x

HI my name is Lisa and I had my band fitted on Jult 11th at the Nuffield. Ive lost 17.5kg and feel great. Ive dropped from a size 24 to 18 ( Evans) I would love to chat with anyone who has had a band longer than me in my area x

Hi Lisa

I have just come across this website so i am a newcomer and i realise you posted your message last year but i am from Clayton, Newcastle.

I have an appointment at the nuffield on thursday for a consultation for the gastric band with Mr Cheruvu. Is that who did your op?

So how are you getting on, you must have lost loads of weight by now?!

Any information or advice you can give would be much appreciated! Im so excited but nervous too!!

Liz x

:rolleyes2:Hi, my name is Jenny, I live in Chell Heath. I am being banded by Mr Cheruvu on 2nd January. I would like to hear about your experience at the nuffield, and what diet did you follow prior to having the band in x x

Hi jenny

hope you dont mind me sending you a message, just joined the site and read your reply. I am from Clayton Newcastle and i have an appointment with Mr Cheruvu at the nuffield on thursday night.

How did you get on and how are you doing now?

Im so excited about having my op, nervous too of course!!

Any advice or information you can give me would be much appreciated.

Liz x