Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brand new here and really angered by...

"Do not cast your pearls among pigs. If you do they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.'(matthew 7:6)

The word of God is a pearl to be treasured. His words are true. They can solve every debate concerning right and wrong.

Whenever someone states God's rules concerning life's choices, they find people that don't want to hear what He has to say about it because they want to do what they want to do. Rather than admit that it would be better to heed God's advice on these issues, they 'tear to pieces' the one who brings his word.

I have chosen not to cast my* pearls among swine any longer. I can't stand to see you trample all over them.

* the italics, bolding, and underlining were done by MeanGreen.

Oh, so they are your pearls now! Well, I always did maintain that you use your God as an excuse to be judgemental and to behave like a moral bully. Perhaps you would do well to remember that "the quality of mercy is not strained....."

And by the way, do you read anything other than the Bible? There is a wealth of information out there. There has been, for instance, much research into the probable reasons for homosexuality. These reasons include genetics and the chemical conditions prevalent inside the womb during gestation. For those who believe in God, this would certainly indicate that God made homosexuals as surely as He made the rest of us. Obviously, homosexuals should have the right to all the civil rights and protections that the rest of us enjoy. A civil marriage is one of these.

patty, i see you live in Connecticut - didn't a judge rule in favor of gay marriages there?

Good catch luluc, Mass and Conn are the only states that allow gay marriage now.

I missed the part about pattygreen not casting her pearls any more.... This is what I have to say about that:

:D

You can't stop doing something you haven't even started doing. In order for your posts to be "pearls", particularly "pearls of wisdom" they need to show some deep thought, not just Bible verse regurgitation.

I missed the part about pattygreen not casting her pearls any more.... This is what I have to say about that:

You can't stop doing something you haven't even started doing. In order for your posts to be "pearls", particularly "pearls of wisdom" they need to show some deep thought, not just Bible verse regurgitation.

An excellent observation. I agree. It why I find her posts so wildly irritating. They are regurgitations without supporting observations. It is as if the intervening centuries, all the history and the scientific advances, have ceased to exist for this individual. Moreover, these posts assume that we all believe in her version of her God. Many of us believe in different versions or don't believe at all.....

sums it up for me - great post!

They are following the law. Just because the law doesn't conveniently agree with the mob and their mob mentality doesn't make them zealots. I think the people who keep trying to pass these laws that aren't constitutional and won't follow proper procedure to change the constitution are the zealots.

Okay, then you're my newest vict-- er candidate. I have asked a few people already (to no avail) to list where in the Constitution that marriage is a guaranteed right. Do YOU know, and can you provide it?

Okay, then you're my newest vict-- er candidate. I have asked a few people already (to no avail) to list where in the Constitution that marriage is a guaranteed right. Do YOU know, and can you provide it?

You know, if it isn't listed in the constitution, how could anyone ban it in the constitution...for one certain group of people?

What about this Beth?

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

The Constitution says in Amendment Fourteen:

"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

What this means to me is the state, or the people in the state, doesn't have the authority to pick and choose who they give rights, or priviledges to.

What about this Beth?

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

The Constitution says in Amendment Fourteen:

"Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

What this means to me is the state, or the people in the state, doesn't have the authority to pick and choose who they give rights, or priviledges to.

This would indicate that minorities have the same rights and protection under the laws of the land, would it not?

This would indicate that minorities have the same rights and protection under the laws of the land, would it not?

Rights and protections, yes. However, and I swear I am not trying to be obtuse here, nowhere have I read that marriage is a right.

Pigs are symbolic of those who want to wallow in their own mud.

Hmmmm....I've had some patients that have wallowed in their own mud. Even Febreeze couldn't make that situation tolerable.

patty, i see you live in Connecticut - didn't a judge rule in favor of gay marriages there?

Gah! Lulu just metaphorically lit the fuse!! Everybody duck and cover!!

I think patty has taken her pearls and moved on...

I got it. But give him a minute. He is from the south, you know... :)

Just pls keep in mind not to lump Plain and me as similar southerners!!! We're clearly diametrically opposed.

OMG - did Patty really call us pigs? How rude! Again, I thought we were all created in God's image? Ergo by calling us pigs is she not calling Him a pig? That's just WRONG...like cussing in church. Big no-no.

Edited by SickNTired