Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Brand new here and really angered by...

maybe she's busy submitting to her husband ??

ok - that was f'in hillarious.

i personally am submitting to a slice of bacon - this thread today got me all excited about it:biggrin:

ok - that was f'in hillarious.

i personally am submitting to a slice of bacon - this thread today got me all excited about it:biggrin:

mmmmm bacon... i had bacon inside my burger tonight... it was DElish...

Just pls keep in mind not to lump Plain and me as similar southerners!!! We're clearly diametrically opposed.

Everybody knows that Georgia southerners are the southerners every other southerner wants to be. Omg, did I say southerner enough? :)

I won't lie; liquids SUCK but it'll be sooooo worth it!

I look at as part of the entire journey and hope that by the end of next week I will still look at it with the same positive outlook I am today. lol :)

I'll just keep coming here for my inspiration.

and we won't tempt you with bacon:wink_smile:

Hehehe... well, unless or until computers have smell, I should be okay. I don't really get tempted unless I can smell it. Nothin' like it...

Just pls keep in mind not to lump Plain and me as similar southerners!!! We're clearly diametrically opposed.

Yes. I'm cool, she's a nerd.

I look at as part of the entire journey and hope that by the end of next week I will still look at it with the same positive outlook I am today.

Hey Beth, ya don't have to like it....ya just have to do it. So bitch away if needed.

Hey Beth, ya don't have to like it....ya just have to do it. So bitch away if needed.

LOL, I like that.

Too bad we're otherwise taken. I could have a fun time ruining you and driving you to lithium cocktails. :)

LOL, I like that.

Too bad we're otherwise taken. I could have a fun time ruining you and driving you to lithium cocktails. :)

Yum....a lithium cocktail:

2 300 Mg tabs of Lithium (dissolved in a sweet cherry syrup)

1 shot of Vodka

lemonaide to fill

*shake well, pour over ice, let the magic begin*

What's a good name for this delicious beverage, people??

I've thought about this thread for several days. I will try to keep the sarcasm out of this post, because isn't that the problem with online posts? You can't hear my voice, just like I read into people's messages their tone. It's never my intention to make someone feel persecuted. Ready, no, I do not know what it's like to be gay in this world and I never will. I can see from my own experiences as an outsider to that topic looking in that it is a struggle. I do know what it's like to feel persecuted for reasons I will not go into here, so I can understand the sentiment. I can relate to being stuck in a situation where my life was threatened for what I believe. So while I will never completely understand what it's like to be gay, I can empathize and attempt to. Also, in regards to when I said people resort to name calling, it wasn't directed to you. Although you do appear to me to be very condescending. I appreciate your previous post, ReadySteady. I do. However, I could have posted the same thing. I feel like you don't understand and that in time you will. I can't make you understand, you're limited by your experiences and I get that. (See how condescending you come off? "No offense")

The only reason I want it to be called "marriage" is for the reasons I listed a long time ago, that Ms.FF only chose to pick and choose through Just like people pick and choose their verses in the bible, just like the people seem to pick and choose where the seperation of church and state should start.

I didn't pick and choose what to debate. I felt I had covered all your reasons by giving the quote that stated civil unions will have all the rights and privileges associated with traditional marriages. I didn't know I needed to copy and paste every topic you mentioned. Still though, pensions are something determined by the company who grants them. Sometimes they grant full benefits to spouses, many already include benefits to domestic partners.

A brother and sister COULD get married if we changed the definition of marriage. According to the definition that's the LGBT community wants to force on society, the folks who would like to marry their relatives should be very excited.

My argument here and every where else I've posted in any board is that we have obligations as citizens and members of our communities to weigh pros and cons of every topic and live that way. I'm glad some people here believe what they do because they've thought about it, pondered it. Whether you agree with me or not, I'm proud of anyone who at leasts thinks about it.

As far as "comparing" homosexuality to pedophelia or incest... well, I have two thoughts. I'm sure the pedophiles feel discriminated against too. But that doesn't make you want to change the age of consent, does it? Secondly, if I relate that in my mind, you can see how serious of a situation I take this. Instead of everyone saying I'm making comparisons, perhaps they should consider the gravity of our actions. It's not that I don't like gay people and I want to restrict them somehow, it's that I don't agree with homosexual marriage. Just like every one here has something they don't agree with, be it death penalty or abortion, taxes or the bailout. I have the right to believe what I believe and voice my opinion about that belief. I have the right to vote my belief. Just like everyone here does. I don't think pro gay marriage people are "intolerant" because they want to change the definition of marriage for everyone. I know they are just voting their own conscience, just like I am mine.

I believe in equal rights and privileges. Besides agreeing that marriage is not a "right" per se, more like a social more (that's moray). However, a man can marry a woman if they want the bundle of goodies associated with it. No one is excluding any ONE or GROUP of people. Regardless of race, gender, religion a MAN can marry a WOMAN. That's the definition of marriage.

Keith Obermann annoyed me. Since when did all our news become editorial? Obnoxious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ZvPR09N4Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ZvPR09N4Q[/ame]

This woman has the same rights as gay people. She can stand on a street corner, yet somehow, this little old woman, who is simply standing for her beliefs just like the hundreds of people behind her, gets assaulted. Bold move by the LGBT community.

Edited by MrsFlipFlops
typo

Mrs. FF I couldn't even finish reading your posting because I found it so annoying and heartless. You cannot compare apples to oranges. We're talking about two adult human beings not a child, not an animal, not 400 hundred people. And if you're talking about relatives marrying all you have to do is look at the British Royal family.

Gay people are born just like you and me except for the fact that instead of having an attraction to the opposite sex they have it with the same sex. It's so simple yet you make it so complicated and I don't understand why you have an issue with it. Just like Keith O. said at one time blacks and whites were not allowed to marry and blacks when they were slaves were not allowed to marry either. It seems to me that the people of the US have made plenty of mistakes before and when it comes to Gay Marriage it is making another. Nancy:smile:

As for the group of protesters if your rights were being violated you'd be angry too!!!!!!!

Edited by Nanook