Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandsters Nov 17-21

Hi there fellow bandsters. I wish I could say I was feeling fantastic but I'm not:crying:. I have this awful pulling sensation on my right side and I'm finding it difficult to sit up in a regular chair and I having an awful time driving I had surgery on the 18th and according to other people I should be feeling fantastic. I almost fell down the stairs last week and I think I pulled something!! I have this awfull sharp pain in my belly button and when I bend and try to pick things up or just moving around in bed I get that sharp pain and a pulling sensation. :cursing: The Dr. has schedule a test for me on the 3rd but I'm just so PISSED that I'mnot close to 100% yet.

I hope the rest of you are doing great... I'm on soft foods and doing pretty good. It just seems like I'm hungry every 3 hours. Coffe seems to help and I use my prtotein shakes in between meals. Weight loss is steady.

Hi Heather....sorry to hear your not feeling so great....how is the pain today, getting better? I hope you feel better soon! Let us know what the doctor says.

hey there, I was told I could only walk for 6 weeks, did they tell you could exercise? I miss going to the gym at lunch

Hi PinkLady!

I was also told I could walk for now...Friday is my follow-up visit with my doctor...I will ask him then about using my elliptical machine and when I can start using weights and taking classes at the gym. I went to the gym the other day and only used the treadmill.

Hi Heather....sorry to hear your not feeling so great....how is the pain today, getting better? I hope you feel better soon! Let us know what the doctor says.

Hi cappy, feeling better pain is slowing down I'm anxious to see if I did any damage I was a le to drive for about 20 minutes yesterday which i better than before. I have to go to the hospital now and get a special shake for the scan I'm having tomorrow. That is about a 40 min trip both ways so cross your fingers and hope I can make it without pain.:cursing: Thanks for everyones support.

Hi cappy, feeling better pain is slowing down I'm anxious to see if I did any damage I was a le to drive for about 20 minutes yesterday which i better than before. I have to go to the hospital now and get a special shake for the scan I'm having tomorrow. That is about a 40 min trip both ways so cross your fingers and hope I can make it without pain.:cursing: Thanks for everyones support.

I feel so bad for you!!! Be careful driving and good luck with the scan! Keep us posted!

Cappy thanks for the Kind words. How are you feeling? Went to the hospital today and I have to add this special liquid (Gastroview)to my drink at two points of the day tomorrow. I guess it's going to illuminate my tummy & Intestines. Nothing to eat 4 hours before the test. Yummy ..lol

Cappy thanks for the Kind words. How are you feeling? Went to the hospital today and I have to add this special liquid (Gastroview)to my drink at two points of the day tomorrow. I guess it's going to illuminate my tummy & Intestines. Nothing to eat 4 hours before the test. Yummy ..lol

Your welcome! I'm doing well...when I reached a week post-op I finally felt like my old self....I'm still a little swollen but not too bad...I have, however, developed a bad cough for about 6 days now....I called my doctor's office....they asked if I was vomiting, fever, not able to eat? No, no and yes...she didn't seem too concerned...I was concerned I would do something to the band but she said I would be fine...said I could take cough medicine, tylenol...I have to go back on Friday for my first post-op visit so I guess he can check me. Good luck with your test tomorrow...let us know what happens!

Hi Heather, hope everything does go good for you, things will go great and pretty soon you will be up and wanting to exercise to and smiling along with the rest of us, let us know how things go...we will be thinking of you:thumbup:

'Morning Fellow Bandsters!

Heather - You are in my prayers - I hope you are feeling better and back to 100% soon. I'm sorry you've had such a tough time lately, but I know you'll be fine!:cool2:

My first post-op appointment was yesterday. Saw the same intern / med student that was there for my surgery, plus a resident, plus my surgeon, Dr. Duffy. Nice to see familiar faces...I'm doing well - the scars are healing nicely without any trace of puffiness so far (I keloid). I'm happy about that. :tt2: Other than a little residual soreness where my bra hits the incision points, I'm pain-free.

I'm cleared to do any exercise I want :mellow: - just no 400 lb squats :wink2: which I wasn't doing anyway (yet)- and I'm thrilled with that. Dr. Duffy is frustrated that the nursing staff at the hospital gives out different post-op instructions than HE does - they have told people not to lift anything over 10 lbs...Dr. Duffy says that means you can't lift your arm...HA! He's not happy about the mixed messages and instructs all his patients to listen to HIM only...sure makes it simpler!

Recieved instructions on easing into more solids - a 4-week timetable for what foods to add at what time. They prefer that I get most of my Protein from 'real' food versus shakes or drinks, so I'm going to follow instructions and see what happens. I'm happy to be cleared to get back into the gym, and hopefully eating 'real' food will help me keep my energy high and keep me building muscle while helping me to feel satisfied because food is bulkier than a Liquid Protein drink.

I'm due to go back in roughly 4 weeks, at which time Dr. Duffy says he'll do my first fill. I'm hoping to continue my weight loss until then - I'm feeling less restriction every day, and that kinda scares me. I have a goal to make 230 by January, and I'm not going to let my 'fat mind' get in the way!!!

Nice to see my fellow Notorious Novembers checking in and doing well...let's keep up the success!:smile2:

Hey everyone, The test was AWFULL it was so difficult to drink 64 oz of Fluid in two hours. Then It came to scan time and the Nuclear die didn't react well. I started to scream " I'm going to thro up please help me". I've never had that feeling before and I had that test doem 3-4 times. I was worried about tossing my Cookies and having the band slip. I was able to breath through it. She told me to let people know from now on with Drinking test and this type of test that I'm banded. So I'm home with my feet up and relaxing!!!:cursing: I hope that they find something and they have some answers soon. I walked around the mall today and it felt so good to get some exercise. I go back to the Dr. for my clearence to return to work and should get my results then.

It's nice to see everyone is doing well. xoxoxox

Hey Heather,

glad it is over for you, kick back and relax and enjoy now that it is over. You deserve it:unsure:

I go back to doc tomorrow, I am looking forward to it and finding out what he has to say. I went to mushies today and feels good to eat food.

Went by grocery store found fat free green chile and lime refried Beans, I cooked them with fat free cheese melted on them and talk about a wonderful treat. I am finally full, 1st time in a few days, its a good feeling:laugh:

Hey Heather,

Went by grocery store found fat free green chile and lime refried Beans, I cooked them with fat free cheese melted on them and talk about a wonderful treat. I am finally full, 1st time in a few days, its a good feeling:laugh:

I know there is no better feeling than full!!!:cursing: I discovered special treat yesterday... I have this thing in my head that is slowly breaking and it's a need for something sweet at least once a day!!! Well I was looking high in low and found Jello pudding "vanilla Carmel Sundae" 60 Cal... sugar free & only 60 CALORIES:thumbup: and 1gm of Fat for the whole cup and we can't even eat the whole cup so that's my special treat a couple teaspoons and life is good.

Hey everyone, I havent been on since 11/21 surgery. I am doing pretty good, they had to do a hernia repair with surgery, and I assume that is why I havent felt as good as I was hoping. Then to top it all off Tuesday morning I was dropping off baby at mother in laws for the day and I slipped and fell when I was leaving, call me grace....lol....I have been very sore since but am better today!

Just wanted to check in and see how things were with everyone else, good luck to all!

Hey everyone, The test was AWFULL it was so difficult to drink 64 oz of Fluid in two hours. Then It came to scan time and the Nuclear die didn't react well. I started to scream " I'm going to thro up please help me". I've never had that feeling before and I had that test doem 3-4 times. I was worried about tossing my Cookies and having the band slip. I was able to breath through it. She told me to let people know from now on with Drinking test and this type of test that I'm banded. So I'm home with my feet up and relaxing!!!:whatchutalkingabout I hope that they find something and they have some answers soon. I walked around the mall today and it felt so good to get some exercise. I go back to the Dr. for my clearence to return to work and should get my results then.

It's nice to see everyone is doing well. xoxoxox

Sorry to hear the test was so awful! The good thing is, its over now and hopefully you will find out soon what the problem is! Keep resting, that's the best thing for you! You'll be up and exercising before you know it!