Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confessing, Then Moving On

UGH! Not feeling so good right now. Came home starving (first mistake), had some leftover chicken enchilada casserole (yumm!), then got into an open bag of chips (second mistake). Instead of taking a few chips and putting the bag away (third mistake), I wanted to see what Giada was cooking on TV and took the bag with me (fourth mistake). Next thing I know, I'm sitting on the couch, with an empty bag of chips (fifth mistake)!

Now, I don't look at food as good or bad foods, I look at the choices and I made several bad choices. Having a few chips once in awhile isn't a bad thing. Taking the bag to the living-room and sitting on the couch with it, IS!!

I'm now not feeling so good. Over-full and irritated! I've been making good choices and feeling pretty good about things and working on how I make choices and what I eat. I don't even eat chips that often anymore! Granted, they had a couple of grams of Protein, so I guess a couple of good things came from this. I got a dozen grams of Protein in with all the servings I had AND I learned that I MUST be more conscious of what I'm doing when it comes to food.< /span>

Anyway, I'm moving on now. Just needed to put it out there! Thanks!

Aw heartfire, hun, we all slip up sometimes. We're only human after all. I had a huge amount of chips at a barbeque a couple of weeks ago, and felt awful, but my DH reminded me that even us banders will sometimes make bad choices, just like the everyone else in the world. As long as we know it's a 'occasional' food, don't beat ourselves up too much about it, and get back on track, we're still doing better than most people!

Hey don't beat yourself up over it. Just remember the next time. Maybe good to not have chips in the house. At least for now. I buy those small bags for the family then we don't have a lot around.

I admit I ate a bit too much Sunday. I made a nice roast beef with all the fixings except no gravy. LOL

I had two small slices. Then I had the half acorn squash with a bit of real butter, and maple Syrup and spices. Sooooo good

I had two small spoonfuls of smashed red bliss potatoes good also

and one small dinner roll.

That was a lot for me. But still about half of what I used to eat.....

which is a good thing LOL

So for the first two days this week I really really dieted and had only 1000 calories a day I usually have about 1200 a day.

I still lost a pound in 3 days.

Just adjust your diet after cheating for a day or so and it will be fine.

Hey, how did you know what I did last week?! :regular_smile: We're our own worst enemies sometimes - but moving on is the best thing possible. Good luck with tomorrow and the next day (and the next)!

Cheers,

Lisa

It is great that you recognize the choices that you made could have been better. Don't beat yourself, move on, tomorrow is a new day!

Isn't it funny how we can "binge" on some foods and think how much we have eaten, but it is not even close to what we could have downed in a sitting before. We even recognize and admit the poor choice. Where before most of us would not have even really recognized or acknowledged the fact that we had made a poor choice.

Keep up the good work, tomorrow is a new day!

Awww, thanks y'all! I appreciate it! I really didn't expect to get any posts. I just needed to post what had happened and get it out there and off my chest, ya know?

I am moving on. The whole week turned out to be difficult, food-wise. Waiting too long before eating then eating too fast and too much and getting WAY over-full. BUT I know what the problems were and I just plain need to slow it ALL down.

I am promising myself that this next week will be better. I've learned some good lessons and now I just need to implement them.

Thanks again for all the support! I love this board! :smile:

I have to laugh. I'm sitting here reading your post with a bag of chips in my hand. I justified it by telling myself that I had an o.k. day when it came to eating. But I have to admit I am having a hard time lately eating well. I had one fill of 2cc's and I have another one coming up on Nov 6th. I can't wait.

I have to laugh. I'm sitting here reading your post with a bag of chips in my hand. I justified it by telling myself that I had an o.k. day when it came to eating. But I have to admit I am having a hard time lately eating well. I had one fill of 2cc's and I have another one coming up on Nov 6th. I can't wait.

I'm looking forward to my next fill too. I'm hungry. I'm looking at a gain this week probably. Slight, about 1/2 a pound but still not the direction I want to go! Last night I played Bunco with the girls and of course there is candy on all the tables. I had some lovely Gummy worms and some sort of gummy candy corn and they both were WONDERFUL! I can't remember the last time I had candy. I know remember why I had to stop buying it! I didn't make my self sick and I didn't go overboard but I did have more than "I" felt I should. I managed to stay away from the apple pie for dessert by just leaving. I had to get home to relieve my sitter so that worked out!

Are you finding there's more "head stuff" than you thought there would be? I am. Not in an emotional sense per se but more of just a can't resist it kind of thing. Anyway.

I agree with the head stuff! I will smell food and want to eat, I am not hungry, but I really want to put it in my mouth! I still want to stress eat when I get home from work - I know that I should not be doing it, but it is hard. I am not hungry, food just makes me feel good.

I try to head home, change my clothes and go exercise if I can. That really seems to help! This is not an easy journey, but nobody promised it would be. I am just glad to be dropping the pounds and learning new habits!

Amen to the head stuff. I'm not losing quickly but I think I'm in a pretty good place because it takes a long time for me to get hungry. Not that I need to be hungry to want to eat - I come home and I just want to graze for an hour or two; I'm not hungry for dinner, just for "something good."

What's amusing today is that I just had my teeth bleached and so I have to eat white or clear food for the next 24 hours - sort of like the pre-op diet! Groan. :sad_smile:

I am so glad you posted this! I overate right now! I am feeling really down because i was doing so good! Last friday was my cousins birthday and i over did it then. I ate sugar, and that was my first problem, because right now for me sugar causes a chain reaction of over eating! so instead of getting on here right away, i allowed myself to overeat for a week! now i feel discusting and depressed. I feel like a failure and that I am going to fail this band bc I am not doing right! How do you get right back on after you fall off the wagon??

Thank you all for your honesty! I'm considering getting banded and it did me good to see that this is not a quick fix solution - it requires commitment and awareness. I'm sure I'll have my easy moments and my tough ones. It's good to know I won't be alone and it's all part of the journey.

Hi all! Was banded Aug. 27, 2008 lost 20 lbs. One fill 2cc I seem to be stuck on only 20 lbs. I know I need to exercise more but I really do eat so much less. I eat a lot of Protein and veggies only. Help any suggestions on exactly what to eat? I have eggs for Breakfast omelet with mushroom and broccoli, lunch fish and vegetables. Not much. I drink a lot of Soups like pork and watercress, meat and squash. Are those not good choices? How about half order of super nachos, which I did have once at a volleyball game. It sure went down easy and tasted so good. I stopped when I got full and had so much left over. Check with you all later. Aloha!:eek:

Jeannie, If you are looking to jump start some weight loss, how about measuring your quantities for a while? I try to eat less than a cup of food (well, I try to eat 1/2 cup, but when I eat out, it always ends up being more than that). You might find 'not a lot of food' is more than you think. Or not, of course!