Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 Days~ Join me please!

[

Oh also I am finally going to use by spa gift certificate that I got for my birthday back in June! I am going today and maybe going to catch a movie.

If you see the secret life of bees, let me know how it was.

I amd definatley going to take this challenge. I'm gonna join LA Fitness since they are running a special now of $0 down.:biggrin:

Hey there! I didn't make it to the movies. I was soooo relaxed I skipped the movies :mellow: The spa was the best I made another appt. for the first Sunday in Nov. :wub:

LastOption - I'm still here with you!

Friday - usual walk in the am with DD and DDog - just about 1 mile. Every day, this is the minimum that I do. Lunchtime at work, I walk another 1 - 1.25 miles depending on the weather.

Saturday - hauled wood with DH for our new fireplace. He got some salvaged wood from work, brought it home in his truck, and we hauled it around the yard and cut it up (gotta love a chop saw). It was heavy - 6 x 6 pieces about 15 feet long, some 4 x 10 pieces 15 feet long. It was all hardwood, so it was HEAVY! All that bending and lifting had my legs a little sore.

Sunday - more wood hauling, plus I got to use the AX! Swinging one of those babies over your head and splitting big chunks of wood is great exercise. I got "Brute Squad" points once I found my groove and started splitting like a pro. Then we hauled wood inside the house (trips up and down the stairs)...I was so tired Sunday night I fell asleep on the couch in DH's arms.:cool2:

Walked the dog this morning - faster than normal, because it was so COLD outside! Will walk at lunch, but no gym tonight - DD's job is having an open house for family and parents and we have to attend.

Will check in with more this week...:biggrin:

Ebony all I can say is :w00t:WOWOWOWOW :mellow: I bet you are sore that sounds like a real workout!!! More power to ya!!!! Its cold in Dc so skipped lunch time workout/walk today. I should go to the gym but I am a little sore from my workout plus it TOM :tt2: boo hisss but I will see how I feel on my way home worst case I will do something on ON Demand or a DVD if I don't do the gym. :wub:

Hey ladies how are you doing? I have skipped Mon, Tue, and today I am sure. It is too cold to walk outside and really Monday I was sore from my weekend workout. TOM is on but thats just an excuse I use. :0( I always have such a hard time juggling dating and dieting... I've been talking to this new guy and my focus is on that so I am slipping and trippin' I will get back on track this Saturday my energy is really low during TOM anyway and my weekdays are sooo busy. He is a trooper he gets up at 5am to workout! I am thinking Monday, Wed, Friday I should do an early workout and come to work late b/c I need to get at least 2 days in during the week... Ahhh well we'll see!!!

Please check in!

Hey Sistas,

Been lazy this week - no workout on Monday, Tuesday MY tom hit and it was just a baaaad day :eek:

Did walk every morning, but we're in the middle of our crazy season in Admissions (I work for an MBA program) so no lunchtime walks. I have eaten better this week, so I've lost a couple of pounds, but I feel sluggish. Gotta get back out on the street and walk at lunch today and tomorrow.

Having a SistaGirl dinner with friends on Friday, so probably no workout that evening, but I'll go to the gym Saturday and Sunday to help catch up.

Everybody check in! :eek:

Morning Sistas!:mellow: It was a crazy week didn't make it to the gym and I have a bunch of cases that hit me ith deadline all week. Its an excuse but it is what it is; until it isnt:tt2: I did make it to the gym Saturday for step class and I am going ina few for body pump and maybe body flow we'll see I was whopped last week after class:angry: A/w aside from that I am doing better with getting my food back on track.

How all is well!!:tongue:

Quick check in made it to the gym did Body Pump!:mellow: I got tempted to stay home as I was in the shower and I just blocked that thought out and got dressed. Whew! Close call!

Mornin' Sistas,

Didn't make it to the gym on Saturday, but did take a couple of long walks. Did something to strain a muscle on my left side - deep breaths and stretching hurt, but I kept moving.

Sunday was a lazy day - my side hurt really bad, so I took it easy. Today is another story - up with the birds this morning, walked the DDog with my DD. Back to the gym tonight, planning to hit the treadmill and maybe the elliptical machine as well.

Have a terrific day!:thumbup:

Checking in...

Walked at work during lunch yesterday - felt good to get out in the sunshine! Made it to the gym last night and switched up my workout to all aerobics.

I had been concentrating on weights and building muscle, but when walking up the stairs from my train station, I noticed I was out of breath - not dangerously so, but more than I would like. That said, I've switched over to all aerobics for the next 3 weeks prior to my surgery. :biggrin:

So - 20 minutes on the 'ArcTrainer' - a different type of elliptical trainer. I felt it in my legs and my butt. Exactly where I WANT to feel it, so I'll continue with that machine. I'll also alternate with the other elliptical that involves your arms so I get a balanced workout.

Then I did 30 minutes on the treadmill - averaged 2.6 mph, and varied the incline from .5 to 2.0. I started out at 2.8 mph, but my heart rate went a little crazy so I slowed down. I had a bad episode with an irregular heartbeat and actually passed out on a treadmill over a year ago, so I'm careful about my heart rate.

Looking forward to keeping it going over the next 3 weeks until my surgery date, and then getting back in the groove as soon as the doc clears me. I know I can walk right after surgery, but I'll take the gym activities a little slower until I know how I've been affected.:blush:

gurl, ill join u! i started doing the eliptical 10min on monday and thought i was going to die!!! but tuesday i got back on it and stayed 27min!yay!! today i stayed on 30 min and feel sore. ive been exercising usually 4-5 days a week but the eliptical has brought me to new horizons i must say.lets just say i haven't been on the t-mill or the bike this week but still been doing my crunches and toning. much love!

Go Trina! Go Trina! Do that thang, Do it!:)

Worked out Tuesday night in my aerobic combination - 30 minutes on the ArcTrainer, 25 on the treadmill. I vary the incline on the treadmill from .5 up to 2 and then back down (avoids some of the boredom).

I'm planning to start the Couch-to-5K program after I have my surgery. I've always wanted to run a race, but never had the gumption. Plus, I'm heavy-chested and couldn't find a good sports bra to harness the "girls". Once I'm banded, I hope to lose a little in the chest (but not too much) so that I can get a good sports bra and run some. I don't know if my knees will take the running, but I'm gonna give it a shot! :unsure:

No workout on Wednesday - it's my day off. Will be back in the gym tonight after work. No need to rush home - DD is working, DH is going to the flight simulator (he's a private pilot), so I'll be on my own for dinner. I'll go home and eat something good for me - protein!

Monday is the 2 week mark prior to surgery, so I'll be switching over to a primarily liquid diet to help me prepare. Two Protein shakes during the day, with a regular meal w/family for dinner. I hope to lose another 10 lbs before my surgery.

Keep up the good work sistas! Let's keep the 30 day challenge going!:)

Hey Ladies!!! Ebony I didn't realize how fast your date was getting here!! WOW you must be excited!!!

I mised the gym all weekend! I had chapter meeting Saturday morning, a date Saturday evening and then we meet again for brunch. Had a great time but here I go again with my dating vs. dieting mindset I gotta leanr to fit them both in. The weather is decent today its a lil overcast but not too hot or too cold so i'll got for a walk. I need to hit the gym tonight even if it just for the elipitical for 30 minutes. I didn't cook this weekend either so I need to get on that today too. :thumbup:

gurl, ill join u! i started doing the eliptical 10min on monday and thought i was going to die!!! but tuesday i got back on it and stayed 27min!yay!! today i stayed on 30 min and feel sore. ive been exercising usually 4-5 days a week but the eliptical has brought me to new horizons i must say.lets just say i haven't been on the t-mill or the bike this week but still been doing my crunches and toning. much love!

GREATTTT WELCOME, WELCOME TRINA!!! Girl trust me in about 30 days Lippy (as I call her) will be your new best friend she gives you twice the calorie burn for 1/2 the time as the treadmill so its a get machine to workout on! Please check in often!! :thumbup:

>>>>So - 20 minutes on the 'ArcTrainer' - a different type of elliptical trainer. I felt it in my legs and my butt. Exactly where I WANT to feel it, so I'll continue with that machine. I'll also alternate with the other elliptical that involves your arms so I get a balanced workout.

My gym got a few of those they seem so clunky maybe b/c I am so short but did try it once and it worn me out!!!

I feel u on that one! I haven't lost much but i have lost quite a few inches, yet, i still want to see that darn scale move! Well stay encouraged and many blessings and lost pounds to you!

Ok, on my second week and im doing 40 min on the elipitcal plus my toning and im feeling good too!:thumbup: So, u know how when u start to think well hell, i can do something a little different today? :huh2:well today was that day. After i did 40min of weight loss training i decided to do 10min of gluteal toning. BAD IDEA TRINA! :scared2:My butt is so numb, i don't even know if its sore or not! :eek:I tried to walk out of the gym and felt like my butt had been kicked in by a linebacker!LOL!!! No pain no gain i guess. REPEAT IN THE AM? I GUESS SO!!!!:smile2: