Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A bit worried surgery is Monday. I would love all the input I can get.. What to expect.. ??? what to bring`````

Any thing I should know.. A bit nerious.. I have to stay over night. My surgeon is in my town. i know I am very lucky for this.. :)

hello by now you have had your surgery, congrats, keep us posted on your journey.how did things go.wishing you a speedy recovery.

I may be misreading but I understand your surgery will be Monday Oct 13. If I'm right, here's a link to bunches and oodles of surgery day stories that will more than answer your questions! I will say to take shoes that are easy on/easy off that are good to walk in because you will need to walk around a lot. AND take lip balm because they give you an anticholinergic and that dries up "secretions" and your lips! :)

After you nose around; please post if you have more questions and we'll try to help!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f178/surgery-day-stories-64287/

good luck!

Totally agree with the last post, easy shoes (I took my croc flip flops) and lip balm. You will also want a robe so you can walk in the hall, but don't worry if you don't have one, they can give you a 2nd gown to put on backwards so you don't moon anyone! LOL. Seriously though, walk, walk, walk it helps with the gas and helps prevent blood clots. Do the incentive spirometer or whatever they tell you for deep breathing. Use the pain meds if you need them and drink what you can without getting nauseous.

Shampoo and soap if they are letting you shower and you can't wait til you get home. I had my surgery Thursday and I went home Friday. I feel great, just a bit sore, but haven't taken any pain med since yesterday.

Best wishes!! :thumbup:

Yep my day is monday the 13th.. thanks for the link

I didn't have to stay overnight-- but I will say I am glad I had a variety of things to drink.....I got a bunch of kinds of Gatorade and apple juice, lemon for my Water and warm tea..... and popsicles. And Jello. I also had a really bad taste in my mouth so the popsicles were crucial for me. Also--really comfy pants to put on when you go home and a shirt that is dark so you don't have to attempt the bra.

I found that it really helped me to use an 8-10oz glass and MADE myself drink at least 1 every hour that I was awake. Sipping and sipping and sipping..... But I told my fiance not to get me anything-if I wanted it I had to get up and walk and get it. That way I was forced to walk around. Every 15-30 min I would try to do the breathing machine thing (which totally blows but actually really helps). Take your pain meds and sleep.

CONGRATS!

Oh.... I forgot-- the gas pains. Everyone is different with if the get them or have them. For me-- wowza. But it goes away. Don't worry.

I am scheduled for 10/14/08 and so excited to have found this question and the answers. SSSSOOOOOO helpful. :)

this site is very helpful and supportive. its my support group right now for sure. Congrats everyone on your upcoming surgeries or those of you in surgery today. its an exciting experience. So many people feel so differently after surgery. but we all are excited about one thing. Our new journey with our lapband. its a wonderful thing surely. Best things i took to surgery was gas x, my jammas, slippers, and nice comfy pillow. good luck and please keep me updated on your progress.