Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wk 1-2 post-op foods ideas?

Hello ! I have a question thats probably been asked a thousand times on here, so please hang in there with me :-)

I "get" that there will be Clear liquids for a week or 2 , then soft foods. I get Banded this Tue , 10/14, and i need to go to the grocery store on Monday. All I read /hear is " clear broth, sugar free popcicles, non-carbonated beverages, etc..." Is there a "shopping list" posted anywhere that i can sort of go by? I dont want to buy too much of anything, not enough, or especially the WRONG things ! Is there much of a variety ?

I realize this isnt rocket science, but my brain is on overload at the moment ! LOL

Thanks for any suggestions :smile2:

Actually what you listed is a good list for the clean liquids.. Jello is a clear liquid... This isn't a very long list when it comes to Clear Liquids. I wasn't able to have much, so I did overbuy these things a bit, but will use them in cooking at a later date.. Now full liquids is a little more broad. Cream Soups that have been strained of particles are great for a variety... There are so many kinds. Yogurt is good. You just have to keep in mind that you won't be having very much at a time, so don't over do it... Don't worry too much. You'll get it figured out about the time you are ready to switch to the next phase. Good luck.. How's the weather in GF?? Here in Washburn it's turning cold and there are rumors of "snow" Not good.... Take care....... Julie

Been raining since lunch ... supposed to rain all weekend . Oh well, lots to do at my place before tue am. I live alone, so i want to have my place clean , laundry done, food bought, dishes done and put away, etc... :-)

I was on clear liquids for 3 days than on full liquids which is everything you bought and cream of wheat plain than you could add splenda and cinnamon if you want just be careful and get it super thin! Good luck and it will be just fine. I have lost about a pound a day and I was banded on Oct 1st.

Cream of Wheat is also awesome with the Splenda/brown sugar blend and a little bit of milk blended into it.

Cream of potato Soup with No Salt, pepper, and minced green onion, thinned with a lot of milk and blended in the blender is excellent.

Find a good chocolate Protein shake mix and add a couple tablespoons of cheesecake flavored sugar/fat free pudding mix. I blend it with ice, so it's like a smoothie. I also get the vanilla shake mix and add 2 tbsp of pistachio flavored sugar/fat free pudding mix - yum...that's my fave!

When you get to the mushy stage, fat free refried Beans with cheddar cheese, taco sauce and low fat sour cream is delicious...also my fave!

Hope you like the ideas - they've saved the day for me many times.

Good luck and God bless!!

Thank you sooo much for the food ideas ! I mean, we can all "Read" what to do, or whats gona happen, or what to eat, but the best way to really know is from someone who's gone thru it.

Thanks again !!! I'll le t you know how it goes :-)

Thanks,, I think I will be using some of these to. I have surgery on Tuesday (14) and I was wondering the same thing.

Good luck BobbieND with your band, please keep me posted.

Good Luck to you as well !!!!

You keep me posted also :-)

I am so glad to have some wonderful ideas. I have started a shopping list, so when I am post op I have all I need.

I am getting nervous!

But glad to have found the support here!