Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Vickie from SoCal checking in!! Feeling good, healthier...losing a steady 2-3 pounds every week. Had a third fill on Tuesday and I'm at 5cc's. Having a difficult time keeping anything down right now, but that seems to be par for the course for me. It'll loosen up in a week or so.

My only complaint so far is I can't afford to keep buying new clothes every four or five weeks.

Oh...and I miss McDonald's. :thumbup:

Hi Vickie, congrats!! Glad to hear you are doing so well!! Keep on Keeping on ! I keep trying . :tongue_smilie:At the moment, had to deflate a little- Sinus allergies caused problems with the last fill. Need to wit a bit.. Hang in there Congrats to You!

P.S. I don't miss MCDee as much as a Jamocha shake from Arby's on occasion

Congratulations everybody. We’re almost at our 9th month.

I have a sad story to tell. I had a real set back for the month of August.

My last fill was May 29th ---All was well for a couple of months.

Then it all turned south----I started aspirating during the night, throwing up, while I was sleeping. Also there was acid reflex along with this throwing up business. I didn’t/don’t understand why or what I did different.

I went to my medical Doctor here in Wasilla because as some of you know I went to TJ Mexico to have my lap band done. Anyway my medical doctor here in Wasilla, Dr. Woods, she said this was dangerous and she insisted that every drop of Water be taken out. I pleaded with her not to do this but like I said she was very insistent. I’ve got to admit it completely stopped the vomiting at night in my sleep and the acid reflex. I’m back to normal-- but then there is the horror story. Now I’m gaining about 1 pound per day. I suppose, my metabolism is set on super slow now. I am so depressed. I know I’ve got to take control of this situation and go swimming or something but if you know anything about depression this is going to take every drop of will power I’ve got to move. I know that this isn’t the end of the world and soon they will allow me to have another fill. It is a mystery to me as to why the aspirating began because I was doing just fine. Here I am rattling on and on. I’ll get back on track and the next

letter I write will be a positive one. I know.

Vickie, I'm so sorry to hear of this setback. Try really hard to stick to the band "diet" of Protein and veggies while you are waiting to get back on track. The South Beach program is a good one for this type of eating plan and may be helpful to you. I have heard from several people about this happening out of the blue. Usually the surgeon just takes a little bit out of the band, but your primary was probably very nervous about the situation and wanted to be on the safe side. I can't blame him/her for that - what you were experiencing is dangerous for you and could cause problems with the band if not treated. I hope you will be able to get back on track soon.

As far as missing stuff - my friend asked me that the other day - I will have to say the thing I miss most is hot food (as in temperature, not spicy). I can eat just about anything, tho I avoid the bad slider stuff most of the time - no more shakes at the drive-thru! But it takes me so long too finish a meal, much of my food is just warm by the time I finish.

Not complaining! I don't mind eating slowly and thoughtfully. This is the first time in memory I have done that and it feels good. Losing slowly - 4-5 pounds a month, but I'm not complaining about that either. I am going in the right direction and that's the important thing.

It's good to hear from everyone...

Had a very rough start but slowly getting better. Massive pulmonary embolism, breathing problems and easily exhausted, hell, I felt much better before the surgery!!!

The fact remains I've lost roughly 70 lbs and I'm happy about that. Really don't miss much of anything as I can still eat almost anything I want , just in small portions.

Bless your Heart” (quite literally) (Starting Over in NJ). I just read the definition on Massive Pulmonary embolism. It appears as though you may have had a very close call. Losing the 70 pounds is probably the best thing in the world you can do for your heath and I imagine your family must be very proud of you.

Also (to Joanne) thank you kindly for knowledge concerning the lapband and it's complications and sharing it with us.

Vickie...be thankful that the procedure you had for weight loss is, in fact, both adjustable and reversible...just in case.

Hang in there and be patient! You'll be back on track in no time!!

:)

Hang in there, Vickie! I can imagine how frightened I would be at this point if my doc made me remove all of the Water from my band. Its not just a weight gain/loss thing at this point. . .its more about finally having a sense of control over your own life. Every one of us with a band had to first hit that low point where we were convinced that we couldn't control our own eating no matter how hard we tried. For most of us, having the band is the first real ray of confidence that we've had for years. Don't lose hope. You know that the band does work for you, and that you just need a short period to heal from your complication. You are still in control. Just try to do what you can to hold the line until your band can be filled. A few gained pounds is much less of a big deal than giving in to the old fears. Try some sugar free popsicles - they take a long time to eat. :)

I was going to complain that I've gained 2 pounds and need another fill, but your story helped put things in perspective. Thanks.

Vickie, This is a setback, yes, but it could have been a blessing, too. it is possible if the band had not been deflated, it would slip and you would need another surgery to fix it. The pounds can come off again , once you heal. i went through a similar experience- developed a sinus infection the the day after a fill; made it through the night but ended up losing most of the fill (and 8 # in 36 hours- retching) .:frown: I waited 3 weeks (Gained it all back), got the allergies under control, and had another fill this week.It is OK. There will be an end to this. Do go see the Doctor who does your fills again. Maybe even your regular doctor can prescribe something for the reflux. I had a mild case but was put on medication for reflux prior to the surgery because of the probability it could get worse.

Hey Holiday Hotties! Just wanted to stop by and say that I'm doing great! This lap band is a life saver. I read all your posts as I subscribe to these and I'm glad to see how great everyone is doing. If you would like to hear details, you can check out my blog on here, but basically I'm 2 pounds away from being 100 pounds down from my weight at my initial consult. It's really exciting and the scale is consistently going down. I wish you all the best!

Trina, Congrats!!!:biggrin::lol:Good Work!!

!'m 7 # away from that milestone.:)

Trina, Congrats!!!:tt1::lol:Good Work!!

!'m 7 # away from that milestone.:lol:

That's awesome! I hope that everyone that is struggling has a quick resolution. My heart goes out to you. I feel very lucky that things have gone so smoothly for me so far. I also know after 9 months that your body determines your rate of weight loss. I'm tall and had alot of weight to lose, so the numbers are going to be bigger than someone of average height or that started at a lower weight. I lost a lot of weight fairly quickly and now it has started coming off more slowly. Sometimes I get discouraged when I'm doing everything right and the scale doesn't move, but if I stick with it, I'll see it go down again in little bursts. Congratulations and good luck to all the Holiday Hotties!!!:biggrin:

I'm so sorry to hear about the complications some people have had. Before I lost any weight I was super healthy and never had any problems. Now it seems like the closer I get to my goal weight the sicker I get! hahaha nothing serious I really just think it's funny. I have had to get 2 unfills in the last month and a half because I've gotten sick and my band has tightened up. I was at 7.75cc's and now I'm at 6.25cc's. I just got my seccond unfill today cause I came down with the flu. They took out 1cc so we will see how much I gain from that. hahaha not too worried about it though because once I'm feeling better I will just get another fill. Other than getting sick a few times I'm doing great! I'm now 176 and a size 12/14. My highest weight was 324 and a size 26/28.

Sweetheart, you are doing fantastic!! Everyone has ups and downs. No one said the lapband was a "Easy " button. Had my 1st unfill in August- ( Allergies hit immediately after a fill). But Life Happens. and you will get through this. (think of how much sicker you would be with the extra weight!) You have done great!!! And you should be proud!! :thumbup:

Edited by sue in ne

I'm officially down 100 pounds since I started. My highest weight was 347 but I was 330 at the initial consult and am now at 229 per my doctor's appt on Tuesday. Lap Band is the best thing thats ever happened to me. This isn't easy but it's working!!! :thumbup: