Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

I found that chasing the Optifast with broth helps me alot. I crave salt more than sweets so this has been working out alot better than just drinking the Optifast alone.

I find that I am craving fish. Normally, I am not fond of fish, so I'm not sure where this is coming from. I hope it lasts through surgery when I am allowed lean Protein. My surgeon prefers that I eat fish over chicken, to start out and I was dreading it. Maybe it won't be so bad after all. I think my taste buds are changing, either that or I'm listening more to what my body needs, instead of what my taste buds want. I agree with shrinkinmom, I miss chewing.

On a positive note, my fat pants are getting lose :thumbup: I've noticed that I don't feel as sluggish or tired.

I have my last appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday. I think he'll go over what I can expect after surgery. I'm not sure what else but I have to bring a support person with me to help me remember.

10 more days to surgery. It's coming up so fast!

Hi Girl,So are you on your 2 week fast before surgery? I 'm on it right now,still 1 week left ,surgery is set for the 8th of December,if all goes well with the insurance? This has me worried because they are asking for more information,on why i should have it in the first place:mad2:Well anyways what i wanted to talk to you about is your pre-opt diet,you are using optifast and you say you are not sluggish or tired,right?Well for the last week on mine i can hardly get out of bed ,and today i went to the gym for the fist time in a week and then i only got in 30 Minutes and i usually workout at least 1 and a half hours at a time,I'm a odd one ,I like to work out,BUT if you work out and don't diet at the same time,it doesn't work:lol:I guess that's why i'm having surgery in 1 week if all goes well.But this protein diet is easy enough but,like i said it makes me DRAG!!!!!ALL DAY.one OF MY PROBLEMS could be my blood sugar,it has been get very low for me like 66 and that is hard for me so i have been cutting back on the night Lantus medication ,is anyone else having this problem ? I was on 40units and now I'm down to 10units and my Dr. only lets me have broth,jell-o and Popsicles.I'm to drink at least 5 Protein Drinks a day and they should give me at least 65g of protein,may be i'm just not getting enough protein??????I would love to have you problem with wanting fish.I hate it and i know it good for you.But you are right about the weight lose on pre-opt,so far i lost7lbs, in 7 days good luck to you on your rest of your pre-opt Kerry

Surgery is in 15 hours. Wish me luck!!!

Good luck Trina ,and god speed.Please let use ,that have not had surgery yet no all the details. good luck again Trina Kerry

hi all,

im kind of having a bad day, yesterday i did enjoy thanksgiving and didn't overeat or any thing. said i was gonna be done with it and get back on track today yet, i eat a cup of dressing and 2 bites of one slice of ham. i felt so low that i went the the gym and worked out for 2hrs. now im here and saying to my self if i cant stick to a diet now, how am i gone do it later. just wondering if anyone else has fallen of the band wagon since they started the journey for the band. i go for my surgery on 12-15-08. and i still need to loose 8lbs. yet, i go for my final weigh in on 12-08 and i feel so scared. feel like im loosing it. could really use some great words right now anyone have any coments.

Hey China,

You're doing really well! I really don't think you're going to let a little 8lbs get your way:tongue2: How have you been doing with the shakes?

I think that week of liquids (pre-op) is gonna kick my a**! Anyways keep up the good work and i'll see you at the gym!

Hey Fitzie and Kerry... my surgery date is dec 8th too:hurray:

Hi Girl,So are you on your 2 week fast before surgery? I 'm on it right now,still 1 week left ,surgery is set for the 8th of December,if all goes well with the insurance? This has me worried because they are asking for more information,on why i should have it in the first place:mad2:Well anyways what i wanted to talk to you about is your pre-opt diet,you are using Optifast and you say you are not sluggish or tired,right?Well for the last week on mine i can hardly get out of bed ,and today i went to the gym for the fist time in a week and then i only got in 30 Minutes and i usually workout at least 1 and a half hours at a time,I'm a odd one ,I like to work out,BUT if you work out and don't diet at the same time,it doesn't work:lol:I guess that's why i'm having surgery in 1 week if all goes well.But this Protein diet is easy enough but,like i said it makes me DRAG!!!!!ALL DAY.one OF MY PROBLEMS could be my blood sugar,it has been get very low for me like 66 and that is hard for me so i have been cutting back on the night Lantus medication ,is anyone else having this problem ? I was on 40units and now I'm down to 10units and my Dr. only lets me have broth, jell-o and Popsicles.I'm to drink at least 5 Protein Drinks a day and they should give me at least 65g of protein,may be i'm just not getting enough protein??????I would love to have you problem with wanting fish.I hate it and i know it good for you.But you are right about the weight lose on pre-opt,so far i lost7lbs, in 7 days good luck to you on your rest of your pre-opt Kerry

Hi Kerry, When I started the liquid diet last Wednesday, I was still taking 500mg of glucophage xl 4 times a day, for PCOS to regulate my cycles. I felt really light headed and dizzy. I assumed it was from the drop in blood sugar from the lack of sweets and carbs, so I stopped taking the Glucophage. Now I feel fine, no more lightheadedness. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing what I did without talking to their doctors first though, especially if you are taking glucophage, or other similar meds, for diabetic reasons.

Yeah, I am really surprised by the fish thing. I hate strong fishy fish, which makes me gag. I can eat mild fish every once in a while.

Looks like you and I are having surgery next week(10th for me). I can't believe it's almost here! I'll keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer that your insurance approves you. I was on pins and needles waiting for mine to approve. Mine took a little over a month to come through:unsure:

Good luck to you as well!

Surgery is in 15 hours. Wish me luck!!!

Trina, you are in my prayers today. I wish you a successful surgery - and a great speedy - painfree - recovery. My best to you! :thumbup:

My date is Dec. 2!!! So close but so far away!!! Can't wait until it's all behind me and I can see my Ticker moving down..... How about the name... A December to Remember (too long?)

Hi Motivated - welcome! Tomorrow is your big day - and yes, it is coming up fast. Good luck to you.

We did a name poll - don't know if you were aware or had the chance to vote, but the name chosen was "Holiday Hotties." Second choice was "December Diamonds." One of our prolific posters, Florida Pete, kindly made a nameplate for us from each of those names. The people who did not like Holiday Hotties REALLY did not like it, so Pete created each name in his inimitable style - we can have a choice. If you check back on Pete's posts on this thread or the thread for December names poll (final) you will find his creations and the codes. I had trouble with getting the codes to work so I clicked on the siggie he had created for Holiday Hotties, and just copied the name to a word document, then pulled it in from my computer like you would a picture. (CP at the top of this page - go to edit signature and follow the prompts to browse your computer and add to your sig block.) Pick either name you like.

Glad you are joining us - we will be thinking of you tomorrow and hopeful you will be back with us soon to let us know how you are doing. Best of luck! :thumbup:

My Surgery date is Thursday..I just got off the phone with one of nurse's who ask you a million and one questions before you surgery. All of a sudden i'm feeling so anxious...and scared...I'm so scared that i will wake up with no band. I had to lose 15lbs before the sugery and I've lost 27 as of right now...I know I shouldn't be scared but darn it I am. Ugghh...and I have to get more preop testing done because mine expired (stupid dr's office for waiting 3 months to schedule the surgery) These next 3 days are gonna be so hard and I am sure filled with LITTLE sleep.< /p>

Good luck on Thursday, Stewy! I'm five days behind you (Tuesday the 9th) so I'll be interested to hear how it all went. Best of luck!

Gina (Mommy JD)

P.S. So are you on all Clear Liquids on Wed?

Good luck on Thursday, Stewy! I'm five days behind you (Tuesday the 9th) so I'll be interested to hear how it all went. Best of luck!

Gina (Mommy JD)

P.S. So are you on all clear liquids on Wed?

Yes I am on clear liquids starting on Wed...It's gonna be rough I know...but I can do it. Don't worry i will let everyone know how is going after my surgery. Best of luck to you on your surgery!

Well here it is Dec 1st and the long wait is coming to an end but the end of Dec we will all have been Banded. My pre-op is going very well and have lost 13lbs to date and will be banded next Tuesday Dec 9th. I wish you and the best and Gods Blessing.

Carol

My surgery date is December 19 and I start my pre-op diet on December 6. I'm super scared but also pretty excited...