Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

my sister-in-law and myself are scheduled on Dec 16th. We are doing it all together. I can't wait, but I am scared to death of having the surgery. I am so scared of getting a blood clot. I know the chances are slim but my husband broke his leg this year and ended up with a massive blood clot. And he is in good health and weight. My 2 greats kids don't need two parents with blood clots. Has anyone heard of this happening?

Anyway, I am glad I found this site and good luck to all!

:thumbs_up:

Well went shopping today and found some really cute bowl that look like cermic frying pans and they hold 1 cup so with now that out of the way what else should I get. lol Sure I will find something.

Carol

Where have you bought the little sets? I went looking in children section and all sets i saw where boyish like Bob the Builder & Thomas.hello where are the carebears or my lil pony? LOL oh thats right wrong decade LOL i'd settle for spongebob plates .. anywhere know where i can get them?

Edited by goosefraba

Thanks! Glad to meet other Floridians! I haven't actually gotten a surgery date yet, but the surgeon's office assured me it would be before the end of the year! I was hoping for November, but I just got approval on 11/5 and the scheduling person doesn't come back into the office until Monday. I know I'll need at least two weeks before surgery because they want a two week liver shrinking diet (like a slim fast diet, but with high Protein, low sugar drinks instead of slimfast and a small dinner). I still have to do the pre-surgery orders including EKG and upper GI and then meet back with the surgeon to go over the results and any other pre-op for the hospital. Does anyone think I'm being too optimistic thinking I'll have a December date? I've been researching this and jumping through hoops for the insurance company for several months and I am so excited to get approval. I'm now going between nervousness and impatience. The only surgery I've had is to have my gallbladder out two years ago, and they said it would be easier than that. I think the thing that most scares me is that I'll do all this and either 1. Be miserable because I'm sick or can't eat at all or get a proper fill or 2. It won't work or it will work and then I'll gain it al back.

I am optimistic though and I look forward to being part of this group!

Edited by trina4ufl

Hey December Bandsters, I haven't gotten a date yet but my dr told me it would be before the year is out. We expect approval from my insurance by the end of next week. I'm trying to beat having to pay another copay with my insurance and my Dr has been very understanding in getting my paperwork in a timely manner. I look forward to being banded no matter what day of december it is. Good luck to everyone else.

:ohmy: Good afternoon to all of you in the December group. I go to the Dr. 11-11-08 for my final consultation. I hope to get a band date at this time. I have jumped thru all of the hoops that have been in front of me. I jujst can't get my head around to believe that it will happen. All i want is to go in and have the staff tell me what I have to start doing to get ready for the biggest hing in my life. I am looking at diabetes being my biggest problem if I don't get banded. I need toget my head out of my a--, and get to the gym on a regular basis. I make excuses for not going to the gym. So could one of my new friends here help me get modivated to excerise. I will post again after having my office visit. kcfitz@embarqmail.com:blink::thumbup::)

Where have you bought the little sets? I went looking in children section and all sets i saw where boyish like Bob the Builder & Thomas.hello where are the carebears or my lil pony? LOL oh thats right wrong decade LOL i'd settle for spongebob plates .. anywhere know where i can get them?

Hi Goose I don't get them in sets I go where they sell dishes and you can get them but the piece. I had gotten some plates and was lucky enough to find the bowls that color match. I thought it would be nice to have plates that where the was holiday themes. I have fall going to find Christmas or Winter soon. Oh yes done know if you have a FredMyers there but that is where I shop.

Carol

Hi to all, I have a December 9 date:scared2: I'm still trying to lose the weight the Dr. wants me to lose,30 lbs.I have 13 to go.Since i can put weight on fast,but take it off slow:angry: To day i started doing one meal with a Protein shake[EAS Advant EDGE CARB CONTROL] IT HAS 17 G of protein. ,it was very good.BUT, THE TRICK is you must drink it over a 30min and that is hard for me because in the past I ate fast ,I guess we will all have to learn to eat slower,and chew,chew,and chew:smile: Kerry

Welcome to all the new people joining us. I hope you get your December dates. It will be so good to have that part behind you and begin the New Year with a whole new outlook! Keep us posted on your progress.

Wow - there are so many things we have to do to get this banding done. I began my research in early February! My first seminar was March 5th... I went to 3 seminars before I found the group I wanted and they took a long time to decide (after all that testing, etc.) they wanted me! 26 days to go!!! It is beginning to sink in.

I think two of you hit the jackpot with your questions. Everyone seems to have two major issues - eating slowly/chewing everything to obliteration - and being motivated to exercise. I don't think I'll have too hard a time with eating slowly - I tend to be a slowpoke anyway and almost always the last one to finish. But I do have issues with exercise. I can always come up with an excuse, sometimes pretty good ones - but of course that is still just an excuse. The important thing for ME to remember - the only way this is really going to work and work forever is if I exercise. period.

If you have not voted on a name for the December group, please go to the Dec 2008 forum and the "Let's Choose a Name" poll and vote for your favorite.

Glad to hear there are other Florida banders, I live in Sebring Surgery in Pt. Charlotte with Dr. Bagan on Dec.10 anyone else out there. I have never used a discussion board before so am just getting use to working my way around here. I can never find my post or my replys . My son just rolls his eyes at me, he better get use to a new mother one who post, excercises and says no to lets eat out.

I am in Sebring welcome maybe all the Fl . folks maybe we can meet at a beach next year . When I won't look like the beach umbrella.

I need to learn to count my fingers better because I start my pre-op on Nov 17th not the 27th I'm beginning my count down I have a month before my surgery I can wait until it here waiting has been the hardest so far for me.

Carol