Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

I am open to whatever the majority is, I started using December Holiday Hotties and can change it.

I can understand how the Hotties part may seem more toward females even though my honey is a Hottie...LOL.

I like the Slender Santas name also and the Christmas Cougars.

Hey Joann, only 33 days to go...Wahoo!!!!!

:rolleyes2:

i don't think the name should be so specific to Christmas, Santa etc not everyone celebrates the same..Holiday Hottie represents the season w/o being so specific..also is gender neutral.

Im glad there are so many suggestions... I love to see everyones creativity. I had suggested Christmas Cougars and I still think it is funny. Other ones I thought of and might or might not have thrown out there are Reindeer Rowdies, Slender Snowflakes, Running Reindeer, Winter Wisps, Merry Minis or December Divas.

Of course, Holiday Hotties is a good name but since I was on a roll I thought I would throw those out there.

Fran

Please keep in mind Peter from Florida is a member of our group. I don't know if names like snowbunnies or wisps will make him feel at home here. I also agree with Goose that not everyone celebrates the same winter holidays, so we need to keep that in mind. Names with winter, December, holiday, etc., might work best. Personally, I like December Stars or Holiday Stars because they reflect the season and the fact that we are all STARS as we reach our goals.

Remember, there is no RULE here! We don't all have to adopt the same name - or any name! Nobody's going to be kicked out of anything! We are all on this journey together just by the fact that we are being banded in the same month and we would like to be part of a thread that shares our experiences as we go along.

The poll is a good idea - if I knew how to do that I'd be happy to! Anybody out there want to take that on? Remember, though, even with a poll, no one has to use a name that makes them feel uncomfortable. Support is about each of us sharing and helping each other feel welcome.

I completely agree with you Joann that there are reasons why certain names which won't work for everyone. I am the type of person who likes change so I hope I won't be offending anyone by changing my signature as the mood suits me. (Of course I have to figure out how to make a signature first, but ...)

I just love the thought that there are a group of people who will forever have something in common with me and people who I can do this journey with. So whatever is decided by the group is fine with me. My ADHD was causing all these things to bounce around in my head, and I put them down in a post. I am glad that some of these ideas brought a smile to some faces. As far as Winter Wisp -- I hope someday someone will say to me "You are just a wisp of your former self", man or woman that wouldn't be the worst thing we can hear after we reach goal.

Fran

Edited by EmeraldCoastPhotog

Hi there fellow December bandsters! I really can't wait for Dec 19th to come! I know, this is what I want/need to better my health both mental and physical but do you all ever wonder, what if it fails you just like the other diets? I can't see how it can as long as you stick to the diet it's not like I would be able to pig out like now, but I guess even after this long wait to even just have the date of the surgery, I'm getting a little shakey, a slight case of cold feet even though I know this is what I need....tell me I'm not alone..?

Welcome Jecca, I don't think you are alone. I too am nervous. Like you I am SO ready to do this. Failure is not an option for me. I know I am ready to do this and to follow the diet to the letter. I have been reading the "The Beck Diet Solution", based on recommendations for the Psyc who did my evaluation. I have also read on various posts that this is a must read for anyone who has struggled with keeping off weight. Good luck to you and welcome to the group!

Really I am completely ok with most of the names. Christmas Cougars, Slender Snowflakes, or Merry Minis all sound pretty good to me and even the Holiday Hotties was perfectly good to me as well. Maybe we should try and narrow it down to two or three choices and then have a poll for everyone to vote on.

---

Talking about what if it fails? It's not the band that fails as far as I am concerned. It is weather I fail or not. The band is only a tool to help us in our journey to live a better, heathier, and thinner life. What is the main reason that we get the band? It's there to help us curb the hunger and control the amount of food that we eat. But that is only part of it. We also have to do the work making better choices in what we eat and also in getting out exercising.

For me it's all about being around for my son, my wife, and enjoying the rest of my life. I want to see my son grow up and be there for him. I want to grow old with my wife and enjoy our later years together.

I'm here!!! I have a date of December 15th. I was actively reading the boards at the beginning of this process but slipped away for the last couple of months.

Now that my surgery date is getting closer, I thought I really should come here and network with all of you. I'm starting to think about my pre-op liquid diet.

I have found that I want to eat everything and anything around me now. I feel like all of my favorite meals are now my "last suppers". This week I put homemade mac and cheese on the menu. I haven't had that in a long time because it's so high in fat and calories (and carbs), but now that I have a surgery date, I feel like I need to get in all my favorites before I start my pre-op diet. Anyone else going through this? I haven't journaled what I've been eating in a month. I really need to get back on track - starting today!

On the group name - I don't care for Holiday Hotties either - I do like the Winter Wonders (makes me think about the wonders at my weight watcher meetings - they are the ones who hit 199 pounds and get into the 1's and out of the 2's.):thumbup: