Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

I have the lapband brand. The fill was kinda weird while he was putting the saline in I got a strange taste in my mouth!! it was so bizzare:thumbup: Has anyone else ever felt that!

I didn't get a strange taste in my mouth, but I did feel the band tighten around my stomach. Dr put in about 4.5cc to start with, and then backed some out slowly until I was at a good spot. So when he injected all that at once, it was like someone putting their hand around my stomach and squeezing it tight (in a non-painful way). Strange sensation!!! I get my 2nd fill on Friday, can't wait!! :wub:

Mornin' Notorious Novembers!

Just got back from my first fill appointment. Dr. Duffy is wonderful - very no nonsense, but still easy to talk to. I forgot to ask how much he put in, but he did tell me I have a "size 10" band, which I'm guessing is a 10cc capacity. He said they designate by the length of the band and not the volume capacity, so that might not be right.

Anyway, I was thrilled to learn that I've actually lost 2 pounds over the holidays according to their office scale. I'm happy about that, but even happier that I've gotten a fill. He did not numb the area around the port, but I only felt a needle stick (pricking sort of pain) so it wasn't bad.

After he put the Fluid in, he told me about the low-profile port and said I might want one after I lose some weight - I can feel my port very clearly, and he initially thought it might have twisted, but turned out it was okay. I didn't feel the fluid go in, I was still concentrating on breathing through the needle stick. Now that I'm back in my office I do think I feel something, but I'm not really sure what.

He was happy about the 2 lb loss, but said that meant my loss had essentially stalled, so he encouraged me to keep up my gym workouts. I'm on one day of liquids, then mushies for a couple of days, then easing back to solids over the next few days. I'm planning to follow the 5-Day pouch test eating plan to ensure I don't overdo it. I'm really going to concentrate on how I'm feeling so that I don't over eat and so that I get to know what feeling 'full' feels like. I'm not really good at that (which is why I needed the band!).

I named my band "Jillian" - guess it's time to do what Jillian says and watch my eating!:wub:

Ebony 2 lbs over the holidays is very good can you imagine what you would have gained if it was for " Jillian"..lol... I'm going for my 2nd fil monday and can't wait. Keep up the good work ... the gym is a great tool to help us... I was reading under a fitness thread that one bandster thought she was going to need a Tummy Tuck and went out and started working with the bender ball !!! She said no need for a tummy tuck no more!! Guess what I'm orderign today..LOL :wub: keep up the good work and let me know how the "Pouch Test Works".

Ebony 2 lbs over the holidays is very good can you imagine what you would have gained if it was for " Jillian"..lol... I'm going for my 2nd fil monday and can't wait. Keep up the good work ... the gym is a great tool to help us... I was reading under a fitness thread that one bandster thought she was going to need a Tummy Tuck and went out and started working with the bender ball !!! She said no need for a tummy tuck no more!! Guess what I'm orderign today..LOL :wub: keep up the good work and let me know how the "Pouch Test Works".

Heather: I've missed the thread on fitness... can you point me in the right direction? Would like to see that thread. Thanks.

Mornin' Notorious Novembers!

Just got back from my first fill appointment. Dr. Duffy is wonderful - very no nonsense, but still easy to talk to. I forgot to ask how much he put in, but he did tell me I have a "size 10" band, which I'm guessing is a 10cc capacity. He said they designate by the length of the band and not the volume capacity, so that might not be right.

Anyway, I was thrilled to learn that I've actually lost 2 pounds over the holidays according to their office scale. I'm happy about that, but even happier that I've gotten a fill. He did not numb the area around the port, but I only felt a needle stick (pricking sort of pain) so it wasn't bad.

After he put the Fluid in, he told me about the low-profile port and said I might want one after I lose some weight - I can feel my port very clearly, and he initially thought it might have twisted, but turned out it was okay. I didn't feel the fluid go in, I was still concentrating on breathing through the needle stick. Now that I'm back in my office I do think I feel something, but I'm not really sure what.

He was happy about the 2 lb loss, but said that meant my loss had essentially stalled, so he encouraged me to keep up my gym workouts. I'm on one day of liquids, then mushies for a couple of days, then easing back to solids over the next few days. I'm planning to follow the 5-Day pouch test eating plan to ensure I don't overdo it. I'm really going to concentrate on how I'm feeling so that I don't over eat and so that I get to know what feeling 'full' feels like. I'm not really good at that (which is why I needed the band!).

I named my band "Jillian" - guess it's time to do what Jillian says and watch my eating!:wub:

Ebonyrose: What is the 5 day pouch test eating plan?

I got my first today as well!! Not bad. I got 3.5 cc's in the small (10 cc) lapband. Did you guys stand for your fill and drink Water while he was doing it? That's how mine was done and then when I felt it coming back, he withdrew a bit. I have to be on liquids today and soft foods tomorrow. He told me to come back in 6-8 weeks. I made an app for 7 weeks. He said I should be down 10-12 pounds when I return. I hope he's right!!!

I was supposed to get my first fill today, but I have the flu. They rescheduled it for next Wednesday. :thumbup:

So sorry! Hope you feel better soon.
Feel better !!! big hugs

Thanks! I'm going to hop into bed in about half an hour. My fiance is dropping my daughter off at her Grandma's house and he's picking up some Protein Drinks for me. Then it's gonna be ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! :)

I have a question..... I just got my first feel on Monday and I am scared to take my medication. The doctor said it should be fine but I do not understand how it wont get stuck! I mean if you have to chew your food so much then how will my pills go down?? Please help I am not taking my medicine:confused: