Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October-Marchies

Janine, I'm in Ohio. I'm waving frantically look south and you might see me.

My PCP wrote a letter to my insurance as did I. I'm waiting to see what they say. My weight is pretty stable, I'm kind of sad to say. But I figure I'll lose 10-20 more pounds before the summer gets here. I expect surgery will happen this summer.

Thanks for sharing what your surgeon said. I'm actually going to go see a second surgeon in Cincinnati for a second opinion. I'll travel an hour and a half for better results, though I AM comfortable with the Columbus doctor. I just want a second opinion. KWIM?

Jeni, we are lock step together at this point. Pound for pound, etc. This weight loss stuff is something, no?

ya definately!!! its driving me nuts thats for sure...

but as a side note.. im proud of myself ... i bought a new winter coat in a size 12/14!!! unbelievable!! my mom was shocked because i can now fit into a lot of her stuff...!!! lol:thumbup: she wears usually a 12 sometimes a 10.. i dont fit the 10s but i will soon enough..... im trying to be optimistic:rolleyes:

Jeni,

I just realized you are in Chicago!

Girl we have got to meet in person next time I go out there. I'm guessing Januaray since the holidays are coming...

What do you think?

Hi all, just stopping by to see how all is doing. Janine congrats on getting your first fill next week. Now onto your second chance at losing weight again. Now the second time around should bring about greater results than the first time. I look forward to going through it with you.

Juli, I'll be signing up for nutrition classes next week. The school has four financial payment plan.s. And classes begin in January,2009 and ends July,2009. I'm really excited about the classes. They even have precourses, so I'll be taking those also.

I belong to a support group and one of our members will be featured on show "The Doctors (a CBS show)". She also attended the Philadephia Obesity Help conference and met Dr Dennis Hurwitz, he is world famous for his Total Body Lift for post weightloss surgery patients.

They will also help pay for her surgery along with her insurance company and some of her savings. if need. It is EVERYTHING from her arms to boobs, stomach, thighs, liposuction--THE WORKS!

(I cut and paste some of her words.) All this is supposed to be before year end. So hope in reporting from her experience of the surgery it will help some of those here considering the surgery.

She had gastric bypass surgery and is about two years or more out. She did mention that she was willing to pay for the surgery herself, until she found out it would cost $34,000.

Well, I'll cut this short and hope to read good posts from all.

Jeni,

I just realized you are in Chicago!

Girl we have got to meet in person next time I go out there. I'm guessing Januaray since the holidays are coming...

What do you think?

I WOULD LOVE TOO!!! i think thats a great idea... just let me know when your going to be in town...:thumbup:

So anyways... i went to the doctor today and well i gave into his recommendation.... I never realized how man signs off depression i have.... he also had said that e himself had noticed i was the same person today that i was a couple months ago and he could see that i was carrying th weight of the world on my shoulders.... (i couldnt believe my doctor i have only been seeing the past 6-7mths could see that?!?!) this is basically what finally took me over the edge.. long story short im now on a low-dose antidepressant to help me manage the stress in my life and improve my mood..

Also told him about how the weight struggle has been the past 3mths of the same weight while eating well and excercising.. the fact that my hair is thinning out more.. and the fatigue and dry skin..

He thinks it my be my thyroid.. so im going to get it tested again...(i had the test back in march... e.i. when i was still losing... and it was fine..) so maybe this may be the problem...

Edited by Jeni 85
adding on

I have not been doing well lately. I have not lost weight in a few months :thumbup: A large part of the problem is that I need a big fill. I haven't had time to even make a freakin apointment. Lately, I have been running myself ragged. Upon reflection, this is not the healthiest strategy for long term success in any number of fields. But it is so difficult for me, sometimes, to know exactly where that balance lies.

So I'm really hungry all the time and eating a ton of food. I'm freaking starving compared to good fill level. And its so hard to eat well when I have my stomach yelling "Feed Me" all the time and I'm tired because I'm trying to do too much. I'm also in grad school full time. I was doing an intense course load. I got my masters in August and now I'm working on a certificate of advanced study and teaching certificate. (I'm a librarian). And part of this includes about ten hours a week in a high school library as a practicum, plus I had a three month temp assignment as a admin assistant where I was working around 15 hours a week.

But one of my seminars turned out to be too theoretical for me so that gives me some breathing room. My temp assignment ends next week, which is not happy because that means I just have to spend that time on trying to find another part time job. In the current economy that is so not easy, as I am sure everyone is aware. I haven't been to the gym since August.

I'm going to purchase a recumbent trike. Those cost a lot of money but I have been researching them quite a bit and I think it is a reasonable purchase. I live five miles from campus and so this would be a good way to get there, and the recumbent trikes are good for people with balance issues (I have never been able to decently ride regular bikes due to that because of neurological stuff) and I also have a bad hip that means a regular upright wouldn't be a good idea, but the recuments are gentler on the joints.

In the meanwhile I do feel frazzled. I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in about a month and I had a really hard time finding a decent dress. I found one that should work, finally.

And I have taken to wearing Shapewear all the time. More and more of it. I like the svelt belt by nancy ganz at least and spanz is my favorite. I recently found some stuff that is also supposed to work for upper arms. Has anyone tried the stuff from flabuless Flabuless I ordered the smallest version to try and I also ordered some stuff from Slimpressions Slimpressions: Shapewear to slim the arms, back & midriff. Put the 'top' back in 'control top'!

I am hoping it works.

One of the hardest things for me is this loose skin. I have a good fifty pounds to lose yet (I have lost about 70) and oh its so bad! My arms are terrible-- I can instantly gross out my sisters in laws or anyone really just by rolling up the sleeves. And my stomach!! And arms and the stomach already sometimes get rashes, but mild ones. I hate to think what it will all be like after i loose the rest of the weight as I already have to roll up the boobs to get them ina bra and everythign is so loose, the thighs, bum, etc.

Sometimes I get a bit down and wonder if I will ever lose the rest of the weight. THen I remember that I just need to get with the program-- I need a fill, need to eat right, exercise, and the weight will come off. Of course I need to actually get the fill. I also need to see dermatologist I think, about my acne.

Ever since I got my gallbladder out, six weeks after the band went in, my skin has just gotten worse and worse. I used to have combination skin that wasn't really problematic. I never had an acne problem and flair ups were controlled pretty easily. But since then I have had skin that just gets so greasy. I was alwasy very prone to milia and that really increased. I have one cholestrol deposit above my eye now-- my blood cholestrol is fine. My pores are huge and I get lots of acne. So I seem to have oily skin or something. Benzoyle peroxide helps, and retin A helps but I think I might need a stronger prescription of the Retin A or something. I dunno, I ran out of what I had and haven't had time to get more. The skin routine I was using since I was 18 stopped working after the gallbladder came out and it threw me for a loop. Microderm abrasion helps, but not enough. oh well, at least that is my only side effect.

Just a head's up to the crowd that while we are past the typical half way point on the three year journey to goal, we still have much time ahead of us to lose weight.

I say three years because that's what I remember reseraching...that's how long a typical bandster takes.

So chin up everyone. The fight's not over.

Wow and Hello ALL!!

I missed you guys so much! I'm happy to see that everyone is doing well..I've had some good and bad things to happen but I'm taking it all with a grain of salt..The job that I "had" fell thru because of my my previous employer said I was terminated and I wasnt I quit! So 2 days before my start date I get call saying that they can't hire me because of what Baylor said!!

So I have filed a dispute with them and if they dont repsond with in 30 days than it will be dropped from my background. *!!!* so I had redraw my 2 weeks notice from my present job of course they were happy about it, they finally hired someone to help me which is a blessing... so i'm here for now.

as far as my weight goes I havent been to the doctor since august *i think* but im going today at 3 for a fill. My current weight as of Friday was 198.9 so i've been holding steady at that but I gotta lose at lease 30 more pounds by January...

we will see what the doctor says..

personal life is picking up a bit. I met a personal trainer not sure how long this will last because i dont even own a pair tennis shoes! lol!

Hi All just checking in. Still losing weight slowly, but still exercising. I'm going back to just eating mostly fish. I'm not going vegetarian but I am cutting back on red meat. I still eat chicken, for if I go to a resturant that doesn't have fish on the menu, I'll order some type of meat.< /p>

I'm trying to incorporate soy products into my diet. This will take some doing for soy is such a bland product. I won't even say food. It's an acquired taste and texture. Especially since the person has already experienced eating meats.

I agree that it'll take three to reach goal weight and to be maintaining it by that time. Some say you should reach your goal weight in 18mos - 24mos. That third year you should be maintaining it by that time. For next year my daughter graduates from high school and I want to be at my best.

So, there is still time for us all to reach and to maintain our goal weight. I don't want to spend my retired years trying to lose weight.

If there is a Bally's Fitness Center in your area, check them out. They have a one, two week pass to check out the gym. Also, a 30 day special at $19.99. Of course I'm look into the 30 day, for if I decide to join, I get a discount from my union.

So, let's keep it moving and not give up.

Hello All, just checking in to see how's everyone is doing. Weighed myself today and I'm holding at a 90lb loss. By December I'll be ready to buy a new set of clothes. I've started having to wear belts again to keep my pants from sagging. And my blouses are loose and hanging on me. It's at times like this that I can see the future of getting closer to my weight goal.

If I can hang in there till the end of December, 2008 or January, 2009 I hopefully would of lost another 20lbs before I hit a plateau. Then Febuary and March will take some doing reaching my weight goal of 175lbs. But, either way I'll be there for my birthday in July.

Jeni I've been thinking about you, have you had your test yet? I ask this for I have hypothyroid which lends to slow weight loss. So, extra effort is needed to loss the weight.

So, hope to read good news about everyone when next I come online.

Edited by Whitepants

Jeni I've been thinking about you, have you had your test yet? I ask this for I have hypothyroid which lends to slow weight loss. So, extra effort is needed to loss the weight.

I have not had the test yet... im actually going to have my blood drawn on Nov 15.... and should have my results by Nov 21st when i see my doctor next.... I definitely will let you know...

Are you by chance on thyroid meds for your hypothyroidism???? That should help with weight loss...

And actually the last time my thyroid was checked my dr. said it was borderline... that's why he suspects it may have gone lower... causing my current problems

And here the new thread for the month of November

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f90/marchies-month-turkey-79979/#post1049295

Edited by Jeni 85