Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October-Marchies

Here's our new thread for this month.. Lets keep ourselves going strong with our journeys in weight loss as we slowly are creeping towards out 2 yr mark.. Only 5 more months before our 2yr bandiversary!!!:)

Hi All, went today to get another fill. .3cc was put back into my band. I was able to drink Water in the office well before leaving. So, my portion size should be enough to fill me now. I didn't over eat, I just took advantage of the being able to eat more and was eating alot of junk foods. So with being refilled and exercising the weight should begin to come off more.

With 5 months to the next anniversary, I'm sort of getting nervous. Two years seemed long in coming and see it's almost here. Then onto maintaining the new me.

But one thing for sure, I have you here, my March Bandsters to help me through this and be there for you too. So, let's march, heads held high, hands on our hips into March, 2009.

I've started reseraching plastic surgeons. I think I really should loose another 20 pounds before really looking into it, but I'm kind of stablizing here.

I don't know. I'm little, like short and my shoulders are narrow...I just don't know what to expect...

I'm scared a surgeon would take me now and then I'd lose more in a year and be saggy-ish. Or maybe they'd tell me to drop more than come back. I'm probably jumping the gun a bit.

Hmmm......

Jeni and Gwen glad to see you here in October.

Oh Juli,

How exciting for you. Ok, details girl what are you thinking. Tummy, boobs, inner thighs, arms?????

You have definetly given your all especially where exercising is involved.

My lower tummy is a night mare, arms not to good, very wrinkly under the chin, boobs were small to begin with , so ok, butts fine, calves are really good, who would have thought, inner thighs yuck!. Ok I will be truthful not exactly now, but when I was at my lowest weight 209.

I just love Dr. 90210 do you watch? I love Dr. Rey and Dr. Kirby(Will from big brother), I just love feminine guys and they fit the bill.

Funny about the surgeons.

I don't know what all will need to be done. My ticker shows -131. My real weight loss from my highest known weight is -158. And I actually think I was as high as 350 at one point so that would put it more like -169. Wow I've not looked at it like that. I think I need a minute.

Okay, the point is my skin is STRETCHED beyond reason.

My arms definately.

Pannis, very much needs to go, a TT would be great.

My back side, I don't know that I want a full lower body lift, but I probably need it.

My thighs need skin removed too.

I had a breast reduction 6 years ago, the girls are still a D now, but it needs revised. The fourth boobies, under my armpits need to be removed.

and I'd love to get my chin skin taken off. No other face stuff though.

That's a lot of surgery.

Whew.

Damn Julie

That's a ton of surgery. I want to know about the chin, I think that bothers me most.

Yeah I am in a 42 C it is hard to find bra's.

Ok your going to laugh, or be like is she crazy but here goes. I read on a board that you put dawn dish liquid in the pannis area, guaranteed rash infection, have a few of these documented and insurance will cover the removal. This was actually told to someone to do by their plastic surgeon. Everything is so hard , you hate to take a measure like that but I have read that some people can barley walk as that lies on their knees, so exercising is out of the question.

Damn Julie

That's a ton of surgery. I want to know about the chin, I think that bothers me most.

Yeah I am in a 42 C it is hard to find bra's.

Ok your going to laugh, or be like is she crazy but here goes. I read on a board that you put dawn dish liquid in the pannis area, guaranteed rash infection, have a few of these documented and insurance will cover the removal. This was actually told to someone to do by their plastic surgeon. Everything is so hard , you hate to take a measure like that but I have read that some people can barley walk as that lies on their knees, so exercising is out of the question.

wow!!:angry: thats not a bad idea.. the moisture and harsh chemical to the skin... so it makes sense... but ouch...

And juli, i have not lost as quite as much as you, and am already thinking about researching plastic surgeons.. although, my band surgeon thinks it would be best if i waited till i got down to 165 and he would refer me to someone he knows..

The most bothrsome areas to me are the pannis, and inner thighes!!! but the arms and 4th boobs have got to go as well!!!

I was at the store the other da with one of my friends and i went o try on another shirt and i joked with and said hey look i have side boobs!! and she started cracking up!! :smile:

So im sitting here stuck at home because my cramps have set in full force!! i hate being a girl sometimes... im also refusing to step on the scale because of the whole bloating issue... you ladies have this issue???

Hey all, it's been a while since I posted. Glad to hear folks are doing pretty well. Juli....my buddy that had RNY is going for her PS on 12/1. We've been talking about this for a few months and she really wanted to get as low as she possibly could before doing the PS thing. She's stabilized and set a goal for her self with regard to maintenance so...there's an idea, is your current weight your maintenance, if so...go for the PS. If not....then re-think the idea. I know you and she started about the same weight...her maybe more.

I know her Panni is named "fred." LOL :tt2: Anywho, I remember reading the posts that talked about we're at the stage that is really "diet & exercise" more than fills. I think I'm at the spot that the band is filled where it needs to be (because I went for an unfill after some GERD issues) and now it's up to me.

Good luck with the PS decisions. We're with you in spirit....if not always words. :thumbup:

Annette

Hope your weekend was fine. I over indulged, blaming it on my daughter's birthday. She turned 17 today. Now to make up for it this week. I ate 2 helpings of cake and ice cream and 2 slices of pizza.

I didn't get a chance to look up Pannis. Is it the belly fat (I call it the belly flap). If it is mines is not as bad as I thought it would be. I'll see as I lose the next 30 lbs. I'll be my goal weight of 177-175lbs.

But do keep us posted and slikchik10, I'ld like it if you would post your friends progress. Thanks.

pannus is the flap of redundant skin that was once my stomach. They are measured in degree in how much of your pubic/lap they cover. Mine is pretty loose and hangs down quite a bit.

I think I should lose another 20-30 pounds before surgery. I think I'm trying to psych myself into hitting the diet part hard and talk of surgery is part of that.

A local support group, not my surgeon's but a different one that a friend went to, is having a plastic surgeon come in and talk tomorrow night. I'm going to that support group. I want to wear a wrap dress so I can flash the surgeon at the meeting but somehow think that would be bad form. LOL.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted. I could use a kick in the pants about eating like a girl who wants to drop some weight. The candy corn isn't helping!

J

I just wanted to share I broke the 180 plateau I've been fighting for a while.

Go me.

I hope you all are well. Hugs to my Marchie sisters.

I just wanted to share I broke the 180 plateau I've been fighting for a while.

Go me.

I hope you all are well. Hugs to my Marchie sisters.

YAY JULI!!! I have been trying to do the same (182) and i know how hard it is!!! Your doing so great!!!

It seems like we have been hitting or aiming for the same milestones for a while now!!! :eek:

Yeah, we are both in the same boat. I really was hoping to see 160 by the new year. I don't see that happening, but maybe.

What are your other goals? Fitness or otherwise.

Hi Everyone, just stopping by to say hello. I'm back on track losing steadily and getting in my 3x a week exercise. I'm really getting the hang of the step aerobics now and more upper body exercise. With the free weights and machines, I've stepped my exercise between 30-60 min. Depending on how much time I can spare.

Juli and Jeni 85, good to see that you've gotten down that far. You two are my goal setters, for I want to be at that weight by Dec. That's my x-mas present to myself.

Juli, I've been looking into nutrition classes. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find classes. I did find one that suit my needs and schedules almost to a T. 10 weekends classes, gets a certificate. 2 years of college gets a diploma. This timing is great for I plan to retire in two years, and my daughter graduates high school in 2 years. Classes start in Jan/09, so I have plenty of time to get my affairs in order to attend these classes. Also, figure out how to finance the adventure. So, thanks for the encouragement to go back to school.

SlikChik10, any news for your friends surgery? I'm anxious to hear and learn more about it.

Yeah, we are both in the same boat. I really was hoping to see 160 by the new year. I don't see that happening, but maybe.

What are your other goals? Fitness or otherwise.

I really wanted to be around 160-165lbs by the new year as well but its not very likely.... considering i have been stuck at the same point in weight for 2mths... evil plateaus!!!

But i think the problem is i need to get moving again.. i have been slacking in the exercise department and with all the stress I've had i have turned to sweets..

Luckily I'm still maintaining and not gaining...:wink2:

So my goal is to get myself out of this slump I've been in and start losing again... as long as i hit that 160 goal by my 2yr bandiversary ill be happy.. because i really want to have my PLASTIC SURGERY around March/April, to be good and healed for summer...:cursing: