Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

B'ham Banding

Congrats thicknthin!

I too was banded on Oct 27th, but I went to St. Vincent's East. I have been SO hungry lately though. How are things going with you so far?

Actually, my stomach has been growling alot, but I haven't neccessarily been hungry. I don't know if it is mental or not, but I have been eating almost normal. But so far, so good. I only have some pain where my largest incision (possibly the port) is located, but it doesn't last long. I'm just ready for next week when I can start adding more soft foods to my diet. :biggrin:

I hear that! I started the growling on Friday and I started to notice that I get hungry way to fast and to the point of if I don't get something to eat soon I am going to be sick. So, I guess I really can't tell the difference between true hunger or grumbling!

Hi, I'm going to Dr. Dewitts seminar on Nov. 20. I am nervous I found him online and dont know much about his practice. Will you let me know how everything goes with you, and for those who saw Dr. Dewitt I was just wondering how good is he.

Hi,

I was banded in Birmingham too, not by Dr. Dewitt tho, Dr. Miles at St. Vincents East did mine 1 week and a day ago. I was so happy to be able to eat some yogurt, ya know something not just broth.. it is the worst.. lol

Anyway hope everyone is doing good. I don't get a fill until Dec 16 but I am looking forward to that.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this so please bear with me. I have an appointment next Wed with Dr. Dewitt, does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a surgery date for self pay. My insurance will not pay. :thumbup:

SURGERY DATE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!

Tuesday, October 21st, 2008, I'll be changing my lifestyle. YAY!!!!!

Just Checking on You .. It has been almost 1.5 months since your surgery .. how are you doing thicknthin?:)

I'm doing great!! Sorry, I've been busy at work and haven't been online much. I've been exercising (walking and yes running a little on the treadmill, some eliptical, pushups, crunches, toning) and no problem. I'm down a total of 28 pounds. I've been here for the last week and a half, but since I know I'm not eating a lot of "healthy" food, just very little of the normal food, I'm okay with the results so far. I'm getting back to my veggies and few carbs again soon. I had a fill the thursday before thanksgiving, and my next one will be January 15th. I received 4cc on my first fill. I can tell the difference, but I don't think the restriction is as "tight" as it should be. I think he is gradually getting me to that right fit. But once again, I am doing GREAT!! What is your status?!

I have all the tests done. I had a persantine stress test done and it showed a blockage in one of the arteries. I am now scheduled with a cardiologist on the 16th. :tt1:

Aww, don't cry. Be glad that it was found now and not figured out after it was too late. It's just an obstacle you have to go through. I've figured out that nothing in life is easy. Keep me updated. I'll be waiting to hear from you after the 16th. I'll keep you in my prayers.:tt1:

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this so please bear with me. I have an appointment next Wed with Dr. Dewitt, does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get a surgery date for self pay. My insurance will not pay. :wink:

I was insurance pay but I do remember them saying in the seminar that selfpay is the easiest to get done. You don't have to wait for an insurance okay. They may be able to get you done this month, no later than Jan I would think. Take care of you! War Eagle!

I sure hope I can get banded on 12/29. That is what I am pushing for. Is all I like are two more appointments and I will be READY :frown: The staff at Dr. DeWitt's is great and Dr. DeWitt is great, I was comfortable discussing the situation with him and he does have a sense of humor and that makes a difference when those not so easy questions come up during an evaluation. I would recommend him to anyone. I will keep you posted, ROLL TIDE !!!!:)

Hi you all,

I'm a AL girl born and raised. Living in Atlanta but looking into coming to Bham for surgery. I am going to be self-pay it looks like. Any idea what Dr. Dewitt costs for the Lap? Thx

Hi,

Dr. Dewitt's is somewhere around 12,000.00 I think for self pay, DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THIS because I did not get that far, but that does not include the pshyc eval, nutrionist, etc. My BMI was not high enough and he will not do my surgery. I would still recommend him, he is very personable and he takes the health of his patients seriously. His staff is great to work with also. :smile2: