Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October 2008 thread

Sherry, my font was messed up and I thought LB had changed the font, but something had changed on my personal settings through my Vista operating system. Hope that helps.

I think I got it to change back. There is an edit option now in our User CP section and I fooled around with it. In it I chose size 14 font but that was far from 14. As soon as you change it though all of your previous postings change too...so weird.

Hope all is going well my friend. DH is off for he entire day riding his motorcycle. The guys are doing the four corners of Massachusetts. Suppose to be around 500 miles...too long of a day for me. I'll stay home where it's quiet :) Probably bake or something to relax me. My weeks have been tough lately...cooking/baking relax me and it's cheaper than a massage. Although....I'd prefer that haha

Hi Girlies,

What a beautiful day. Got lots to do, lots to do I tell yah :)

How's every little thing?

SOSDD :tt2:

Have a great weekend !!!

Eileen

Darcy, oh Darcy, where are ya girl?

Sherry, hubby and I rode our Harley yesterday. They hadn't been started since April, so he had to add fresh gas and spray stuff in the carb to get mine started. They had a pig roast at our local "Hog" dealership.

I might need a fill, I ate some of the BBQ, Beans, and slaw, oh my! I've really enjoyed eating a larger variety of food lately, but the last thing I want to do is start gaining, soooo, it's time to face the needle.

I've got to check out the suit cases today, and measure to be sure we're not over-sized for our trip, 61 inches and not over 50 lbs. I had to pay $25.00 for excess weight last time, then I didn't wear half of what I took. Please tell me now to pack light, LOL.

Betty, are you riding yet? Still trying to decide if I'm going to go back for TT touch-up and more work on the girls. The healing I'm not too afraid of, but boy do I hate being put to sleep. Did you buy any fancy bras yet? Are you still wearing that special bra?

Hugs to ya all, have a great day.

Hey Pat - went to go start my bike and the battery wasn't strong enough. DH was gone and I didn't know how to charge it myself so, so much for that. I was going to take it out alone for the first time to go do some errands but, that got squashed. It was a beautiful day here yesterday too dang nabbit. So are you going for a fill? I wish my doc did it they way yours does. I really need to push to make sure this thing in me is still ok.

Betty - How are you feeling? What ya got cooking this weekend? Not sure if I'm going to throw something together or not yet. Might be a lazy day for me although I've had a craving for Pasta eFagioli. I made three Soups recently though and still some left so we need to finish those up. I ended up freezing quite a bit so we'd have it for later. Hmmmm I'll have to see what my taste buds tell me later :crying:

Eileen - When is Disney? With all that you have to do...I'm thinking you're packing. Am I right?

Jetti - How are you doing? Any more trips planned for you this year? All that exercise enthusiasm...can you send it my way? Still haven't figure out a way to get myself motivated to do that everyday. I keep telling myself it will pay off but, WHY? doesn't that work? grrrr Maybe you have a trick or key for me. I know this is KEY for me too. You look great and you should be very proud of all your hard work!

Jackie - welcome. I don't have Aetna either sorry I'm of no help. Hope that all goes well for you.

NJSoldier - You're right we do get quiet in here. Where are you? haha I think we all get so busy or in my case I work on a computer all day and dead at night. I don't get in here with enough time to do all the personals I'd like so when I do I take up pages...like now haha. How are you doing? Healing nicely?

DJ - The Soup is great and you can change the meat from ground beef to ground turkey if you want. My son likes the beef so I leave that in there because it's one way to get him to eat the veggies. It's filling too if you make it the way I do anyway haha. Most of my Soups are pretty thick. I have to say out of all the soups I make the taco Soup is my favorite.

Kat - Glad you're feeling better and you're welcome. I know I appreciate it when one of my Joisy gals PMs me when they notice I need it :eek: You've certainly been through alot...scarey stuff. I'm just glad you're ok. Seems like I've known my Joisy goils a long long time. I still laugh at how I ended up in here...being a newbie to the board and asking the questions I think are silly now haha.

Trish - Sounds like you have alot of your plate and I'm not talking food. Remember to take at least 5 min for yourself, focus on you, breath!!! You're worth it! We're here if ya need us girl! Don't stay away too long it's always good to vent and we have shoulders (or in this case eyes) to lean on :mellow: Hugs!

Well DH just told me Breakfast is ready so HELLO to everyone else. Hope you're all doing well and shrinking! HUGS

Good Morning Y'all!

It's been busy here! DH old van is on it's last legs so we went shopping for a new vehicle for him. we were gone all day long, finally found him one. then we came home and had all the neighbors over until 11:30 which was fun but not fun this morning the way my head/body feels. lol

Pat - I only had to wear that special bra for 2 weeks. Yes, I did buy some fancy ones, but ended up only being able to wear a couple of them as I had that infection and couldn't wear anything with seams in it. I am almost healed up and then I will be able to wear anything or even go without if I want to. lol I have never been able to go without a bra, so that would feel really weird. So where are you going on your trip? I guess I missed it.

I have tons to do today since I didn't get anything done yesterday at all. It has been so pretty here, all we want to do is stay outside.

Well, gotta run and get something done before I decide not to do anything at all. lol

Good afternoon ladies!

I am doing really well, in a week I get my first fill. A little scared about it, but I know I need it so so bad. I am feeling like I can eat anything. So right now I am all will power and self motivation. It is so hard though because of my eating disorder (bingeing). but I just take it one day at a time.

Sherry, I am healing really nicely. No problems what so ever. I am in Howell, NJ.

So I went out to my first restaurant this past week. I was definitely scared, but I did really well. It was an Italian Bistro, and being Italian, all I wanted so to mangia on some Pasta and bread. But I didn't. I ordered fresh salmon with roasted veggies and mashed potatoes. AND I had them bring me a take out box and immediately put half my meal in it for another day. I also brought my Crystal Light packet and ordered a bottle of Water. So no soda either. I was so proud of myself.

And today I am going over my Uncles house for dinner. This will be interesting too. So a little intimidated about that.

Boy, all these firsts!!! And so far no problems! Maybe I really am succeeding! hee hee hee

Well everyone, have a fabulous Sunday and I will talk to you all soon.

Sherry - I wish I had another trip planned soon but unfortunatly I dont. I was hoping to book another trip to DR for around April of next year but I have put myself on a 1 year plan to get all my debt paid off and there is alot of it soooo I have to be a good girl :-(

My main motivation for working out is acutally seeing results from doing it. I know this has alot to do with the band but I also know if I wasnt working out my results just with the band would not be what they are and im sure I would have gotten a fill or 9 long ago!!! so that keeps me pretty motivated even though there are days I go home from work and just want to sit on the couch. But I force myself to get up and go to the gym instead of sitting on the couch eating everything in the house. I started working a second job about a month ago so now I only go to the gym 4 days a week but the other days I am working on my feet at the booooring second job so I guess its ok...now if only I can stop snacking on these little tart shell cookie things we have at the store all will be good :-)

michaele - how did you do with dinner at your uncles?

Happy Monday ladies!!

Hey All...

Guess I'm out of practice for posting... or maybe I'm just too busy eating??? Yep... I think that must be it!

Just a quickie as I need to go stick the hens in the oven... but wanted you all to know I'm thinking of you and will really try to post a long drawn out post soon. :laugh: I go to the cabin every other week as that is still where my heart lives but I am in Oshkosh this week. I have another court meeting per phone tomorrow afternoon so I am a bit of a nervous wreck until that is over with... hopefully it will really be the end of the whole custody mess.

Sherry... I am with you on the sleeve thing... I told my husband the other day that my biggest regret in regards to bariatric surgery was not getting the bypass. The sleeve is an even better option in my book. (((Hugs))) Thank you for always sending the most positive and caring PM's ... you really are a doll! I think my statement above is another reason I don't post so often... I really don't want to rain on anyone's band parade... ya know???

Well... must go... the hens just won't wait!

((((HUGS)))))

please send the monkeys my way...I will bring them to work with me and I am sure they will do more good then the donkeys that are there now!!

jetti, it's so good to see someone else from NJ and banded by Dr. Bertha! My band date was 10/13. Feeling a little light headed and tired. I thought I escaped the gas thing but I didn't. The pain I'm having is not the surgery cuts but gas, so I'm walking, walking, walking.......

You're loosing weight at a great rate. I'm sure you'll make your 100# by 11/6. Good luck.

Hi myturn!!!

I love Dr Bertha and I go for my 1 year follow up next month so im excited but nervous.

I too thought I escaped the gas pains but about a week after surgery I was mixing cookie dough by hand and it must have stirred up the gas because I had the worst pain in my shoulder for a few days after that. I kept a heating pad on it and kept myself moving and it really did help.

good luck with your journey if you have any questions please post them here these ladies are the best!!!

Y'all are too funny!

Gosh, where did this week go? I am glad it is almost over though!

I am taking the day off tomorrow, I am going to use my spa certificate and go get my hair, nails and feet done. I am just going to pamper myself.

We have so much planned for the weekend, I just don't know what to do first. lol

What's everyone else doing this weekend?

Later!