Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October 2008 thread

Good Morning Girlies,

Eileenie, great to hear from you, so sorry you're all sick. Going to Disney, where are Cindy and Patty, they could give you lots of tips on Disney. Where are you staying? Are you staying on site? When I took my grandson a few years ago we stayed at the Caribbean Resort, I was so disappointed, no room service for my coffee in the mornings and the rooms were very small.

Sherry and Kat, hope those bands are better today.

Betty, are you riding today or cooking? How are the "girls" ?

I saw the most beautiful sunrise today and yesterday. This morning when the sun came up over the ocean, there were some clouds along the horizon and it looked like mountains. Yesterday I was an electrician, installed two outside lights, without mounting brackets, had to improvise. Then last night I got back from the store and hubby had burned something, I thought I'd made a bad connection and the house was smoldering, LOL.

It's supposed to be 80 here at the beach today and tomorrow, then drop, so this may be the last warm days for the year.

Hugs all around.

Good Morning Y'all!

What a beautiful weekend! It's cool (60's) at night and 90 in the day. We had a nice day yesterday, we did our chores in the morning then took off and went and had a few drinks at places we never have been, then went out and had a really nice dinner. It was heaven just to get away and not worry about cooking/cleaning up or company. lol

Eileen it is so nice to see you here! Hope you have fun at Disney and hope y'all start feeling better too!

Pat - The girls are doing better each day. I go back to the doc tomorrow so I'll get his opinion then. But I can see a big difference and it is healing up nicely now. Glad you are still having some nice days! lol on the electric, that was funny. No riding for me yet! I really miss it this time of year when the weather is so nice.

Sherry - What you cooking today?

Opps, I am cooking Breakfast and I better run in there or I'll be like Pat's dh and my house will be smoking!

Have a good one y'all!

good afternoon wonderful ladies!

how are you? fabulous here! i lost 2 more pounds! so i am now down 18!!! i am so excited. i know i am not supposed to weigh in until wednesday, but i have been doing it every day now for 3 days and it has held so i know for a fact it is correct. 10 more and i will be under 200! wow, i havent been under 200 since i got married 9 years ago!

so i have a question, after how many pounds lost do you change sizes? i thought i might have so i went and bought 2 pairs of pants and they are too small, and they are only 1 size smaller, so now i am totally bummed, and broke out my walk away the pounds tape and am going to start exercising.

Michaele - I have no idea when you end up moving a size down. I basically waited until my clothes were loser then tried. The unfortnate part is we often "stretch" out clothes when we wear em so knowing the true size isn't always easy.

Betty - Made VenusDeMilo Soup and baked achicken today :tt2:

gotta go just got company

Congrats on the weight loss michaele!!!! I really cant remember when I went down a clothing size. I too just bought new stuff when what I had got too sloppy.

Hello y'all!

just got home from the doctor and he was very pleased with my progress. He said another month and I should be all healed up and ready to go! He said that isn't an easy way to lose those 10 pounds huh? lol

Michaele - Don't buy too much too fast, you'll keep losing remember. I don't remember how much it was for a size to drop either, but I think it was 25 pounds. congrats on the w/l

Sherry what kind of Soup is that and I guess you better just post the recipe. lol

Where is everyone else at?????

Kat how are you doing??????

Good evening, Ladies. I hope everyone is well. I did just fine with my second fill. I am down 32 lbs which isn't bad considering I haven't had much or any restriction until now. I can really tell the difference with this fill. I get food stuck easily if I eat too big a piece or too quickly. I get full a lot more quickly as well. I hope to see bigger drops in my weight now. We'll see. I only weigh once a week so I can see a difference and not drive myself nuts with the scale. As far as clothing.. at this point I'm still shopping in my closet and wearing things that have been too small for quite a while. I don't want to invest any money in clothing until I have to.

Good for Diane being in the Bahamas! I hope she is having a blast. Take care everyone. :)

Donna

Venus deMilo soup...there is a restaurant around here known for their delicious Soup. I make a version of it mainly because my son doesn't like most of the veggies they use. When my son was younger he didn't like any veggies so one day I told him we were making "Greg's Special Soup". Because he helped pour the ingredients in the pot and mix it he was willing to try it. His grammy came over for some too and both of us made a big deal out of every bite he took. Saying OH MY I see your muscles growing and his grammy would squeeze his arm. Awww the memories haha. It's basically Minestrone soup really but, here is what we put in it:

Venus deMilo Soup

1 28 oz Can pureed tomatoes

1 Tomato can full of Water

1 can corn

1 can green Beans

1 can baby peas

1 can carrots

2 envelopes Onion Soup mix

1 to 1.5 pounds hamburger, browned

(Optional: lima Beans, mushrooms)

1 1/4 cup dry orzos

Cut veggies into bite size pieces if they're bigger such as the green beans and carrots. (I cheat and get the Green Giant Kitchen cut green beans) Mix all the ingredients in a pot except Orzos and cook on medium heat until it starts to boil. In a separate pot cook orzos for about 7 minutes, drain and add to soup. If cooking on the stove be sure to stir it once in a while because the orzo will stick to the bottom of the pan. I use my slowcooker on high and let it cook for 3-4 hours or you can cook it on low for 6-8 hours. This soup tastes great served with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top and a nice portuguese roll :)

It freezes well too. If you decide to freeze it you'll have to add a little beef broth or Water to it when you heat it up as the orzo absorb alot of the liquid.

Enjoy :thumbup:

Hi girls,

Glad to see everyone is doing good! With the exception of Eileen and her yucky virus! Hope your family feels better soon!!

BEtty, glad your Dr. gave you a good report. Mine did me as well, he thinks my itching may be a combination of reaction to the adhesive, and stress. My recent banking issues did not help the stress level!! Otherwise I am healing well, and have been released to eat as I please, I had a salad yesterday---yummmmm.

We had a 75th birthday party for my Dad yesterday, more of a get together than a party---but it was lots of fun, lots of family and friends. I just wanted to acknowledge his 75 years----he has had a lot of heart issues, and it is an amazing thing he made it this far, and is healthy!!! He walks 6 miles a day, and can work circles around me!!!

Thinking I might try to play at the game tomorrow night. Tomorrow when I am in the yard with Kinsey I am going to try running, and see how it feels, base my decision on that. Then again our season is almost over, I might be best off just letting it end without me, and heal, and try again next year. I know without a doubt that is what my DH would prefer! He is scared for me to so much as roll over in bed that my intestine is going to twist again.....he is a worry wart big time!

But I feel good---------finally feel like I am recovering normally.

Today I went and sold some gold!!! Wierd, we have bought it for years, on some advice from my Uncle. Each year when we get our tax refund we buy a CD and some gold, how much just depends on the cost that year. Today my friend at the coin shop that we buy it from called me and told me it was selling up 200% from yesterday, and if I was interested in making a tidy profit.....so we did sell some to bump our bank account until we hear what is going to happen from my debit card issue.

We are going to Albuquerque the first of next week to the Balloon Fiesta. They have well over 600 hot air balloons this year, which is down from years past, but the cost of fuel to get here has affected it. They have a huge balloon park (like 75+ acres-----something like the size of 56 football fields), and you can walk down in and around as they air up and lift off. It is such an amazing thing to see, and Kinsey is in awe of hot air balloons. Last year during the fiesta, we had to take my Dad to the cardiologist in ABQ. and even though it was an afternoon appointment, there were lots in the air, and she is still talking about the hot air balloons in Albaturkey. So we are taking her down, getting a motel room for a night, and going to take her to the balloons in the morning. I don't know who is more excited her or Papa!!!

I have no idea or memory of how much it took to change sizes, I know the first thing I changed size wise was my rings! They got too big very quickly. I am about ready to go have them resized finally. I have a cheapo set I am wearing---my original set has a lattice work design on the top, so sizing it this much is going to be a job, and to do it more than once would mess with the integrity of the setting he said. It is going to go from a size 10 to a size 6.5, so there is a lot going, which will bring the lattice further around the band---so I get one shot at sizing it.....want to be sure that is the size I want it to be!

Well I am going to go finish watching the game with my honey---talk to you all soon!!!

Sherry---I keep meaning to tell you how much your PM's meant to me when I was facing the loss of my band. Girls we have a special friend here......Love ya lots Sherry!!!

Take care of yourselves!!!

Kat

Sherry that Soup sounds delicious and I just love the name! I am definitely going to give it a try. I think it would go down easily.. now that I finally have restriction it's like learning to eat all over again. (I'm not complaining!)

Kat, I'm glad you're starting to feel normal again. I am picturing all the hot air balloons... it must be breathtaking.

I hope everyone else is doing well. Have a great day.

Donna

wow its quiet in here! where is everyone?

I'm here...kinda. I pop in and out....get to hating my computer by the time I'm home at night. ON one all day long and my job is quite stressful most of the time so needless to say when I'm home....not much up to posting.

Chrispy and I were talking today about how it feels like we have no restriction...both of us have the same doc and both of us are getting frustrated. We wish our doc did flouro fills. I'm not suppose to go back until December but, not sure my body can handle or my mind for that matter gaining anymore weight :eek:

Made chicken Soup in my crockpot with the chicken left overs from the chicken I baked on Sunday. It turned out yummy :) I like home made cause no so much sodium. I can control it better myself. The canned stuff is just so dang salty.

Well it's 10:15pm and I have to hit the sack. My neck is killing me tonight...need a chiro visit. It hasn't been the same since my accident :) I thought it was getting better but, apparently not. Now my left arm and leg have been getting all tingly. Chiro says if not better he's sending me for an MRI. Now...if I could only get my freaking bariatric surgeon to treat me the same way and give me the tests to make sure this band is ok. dang nabbit!

Kat and Betty - good to hear you're feeling better. Thanks for the kind words. I'd do anything I could for any of my NJ Gals :frown:

Hey Pat...you all healed up and all from your surgery? I have no idea how long it takes to completely heal. It was nice chatting with you the other day...you always make me smile. How you knew I needed a call is beyond me but I appreciate it :mad2:

Hi I am pretty new here. I am from central nj and am in the process of getting the surgery approved. I already have my letter of necessity from my PCP, I got clearance from the Psychiatris, I have to go for a sleep apnea test on Nov 1. I already started the nutrition classes at our local hospital. My second class is the end of this month. My insurnace only requires 3 (1 Per month). Then I just need clearnace from the cardiologist which i also see at the end of this month and then hopefully I am good to go. I was trying to navigate this site to see how the insurnace approval goes for people with Aetna? But I have no idea how to navigate this site yet. My bariatric coordinator advised me that with Aetna it is usually pretty fast - they respond with in 2 days of when everyting is submitted. She said they are good with approving. I am just nervous of course, because I have my heart set on this and want it so badly. I wanted to find out about people experience with Aetna insurance. If anyone has any information, please let me know.I appreciate your help.

jackie I dont have info on Aetna insurance but I just wanted to say welcome and good luck!!!