Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

Hey antonella how are you doing??? I am officially down now 40.4 lbs today.. I am so happy...

Hey Michelle,

That is so sweet to hear! The whole thing is amazing. I don't obsess over food like I used to...

I am trying to do a weekly weigh in and last wednesday I was down 20lbs. People are starting to notice. The best is fitting into my smaller clothes.

Last night was my first social since the band and other than the itchy stitches, all went well. I ate mostly fish...the hard part was the alcohol. My fave is a G&T! I did have a vodka infused Jello shot! LOL! Yummy buy strong!

I also did go for an amazing walk yesterday. Trying to get some excercise in. Will start with my trainer on April 1st. I think I need to do some more healing!

Oh yeah, major crazziness...in costco yesterday and my mouth felt dry and stupid me took a very small sip of my daughter's 7up! Wow, what a feeling. Won't ever do that again!

Question: when we have surgery, is there any fill in the band??

You look amazing and I love reading your blog! Keep it up sunshine.

A

Hey Michelle,

That is so sweet to hear! The whole thing is amazing. I don't obsess over food like I used to...

I am trying to do a weekly weigh in and last wednesday I was down 20lbs. People are starting to notice. The best is fitting into my smaller clothes.

Last night was my first social since the band and other than the itchy stitches, all went well. I ate mostly fish...the hard part was the alcohol. My fave is a G&T! I did have a vodka infused Jello shot! LOL! Yummy buy strong!

I also did go for an amazing walk yesterday. Trying to get some excercise in. Will start with my trainer on April 1st. I think I need to do some more healing!

Oh yeah, major crazziness...in costco yesterday and my mouth felt dry and stupid me took a very small sip of my daughter's 7up! Wow, what a feeling. Won't ever do that again!

A

Congratulations to you both. Your journeys have just begun, but you both will find you will take different paths. Some of us loose very quickly others not so but the end results is better self and better health.

As for the band having Fluid after surgery, I was told the surgeon tests the tubing and band so there may be some in there. I found I was restricted right from the start so assume I did have some fill.

Again go gals go.

Thank you to those who made it out to the Richmond support group meeting yesterday. It looks like this group is growing rather quickly, so I am thinking about starting something a bit more "official". I think the first thing we need to do is create a name for this group, and then we can select a re-occurring schedule for meetings. This way, I can add the meetings to the PNW calendar, etc. and have our meeting advertised more regularly. These are the names I could think of, but I'm not a creative person, so please pitch in your ideas.

Richmond Bandsters / Richmond Bandits

GVRD Bandsters / GVRD Bandits

Southern GVRD Bandsters / Southern GVRD Bandits

or, something completely unrelated to geographical location

Super-bandsters, power-bandsters, etc.

... like I said, I'm not very creative...

Also, I'm trying to decide when's the best time to meet. Unfortunately for me, weekday evenings are a no go (and the principal reason why I created a weekend group). So, it will either have to be Saturdays or Sundays. I'm thinking Sunday's are not a good day... hence why I originally choose Saturdays. But, the time on Saturday is completely flexible for me. I have liked meeting at 11:30, as it isn't too early, and still frees up the majority of the afternoon and evening. But, with a lot of activities happening Saturday morning, I am been considering meeting Saturday evening instead. So, please share your thoughts with me, and let's pick a time that works for the majority of people. Also, we should select which weekend to meet. I'm thinking the first Saturday of every month is good. Any suggestions?

I'm really excited to meet some of you, and I look forward to our journey together.

Cheers,

Tim

Thank you to those who made it out to the Richmond support group meeting yesterday. It looks like this group is growing rather quickly, so I am thinking about starting something a bit more "official". I think the first thing we need to do is create a name for this group, and then we can select a re-occurring schedule for meetings. This way, I can add the meetings to the PNW calendar, etc. and have our meeting advertised more regularly. These are the names I could think of, but I'm not a creative person, so please pitch in your ideas.

Richmond Bandsters / Richmond Bandits

GVRD Bandsters / GVRD Bandits

Southern GVRD Bandsters / Southern GVRD Bandits

or, something completely unrelated to geographical location

Super-bandsters, power-bandsters, etc.

... like I said, I'm not very creative...

Also, I'm trying to decide when's the best time to meet. Unfortunately for me, weekday evenings are a no go (and the principal reason why I created a weekend group). So, it will either have to be Saturdays or Sundays. I'm thinking Sunday's are not a good day... hence why I originally choose Saturdays. But, the time on Saturday is completely flexible for me. I have liked meeting at 11:30, as it isn't too early, and still frees up the majority of the afternoon and evening. But, with a lot of activities happening Saturday morning, I am been considering meeting Saturday evening instead. So, please share your thoughts with me, and let's pick a time that works for the majority of people. Also, we should select which weekend to meet. I'm thinking the first Saturday of every month is good. Any suggestions?

I'm really excited to meet some of you, and I look forward to our journey together.

Cheers,

Tim

Well done Tim. Support groups are so urgently needed and your efforts should be commended.

I have only one suggestion and that is to name your group to include everyone. Someone reading "Richmond Bandsters" may be excluded and not come. Sensitive lot that we are LOL.

Doreen

Well done Tim. Support groups are so urgently needed and your efforts should be commended.

I have only one suggestion and that is to name your group to include everyone. Someone reading "Richmond Bandsters" may be excluded and not come. Sensitive lot that we are LOL.

Doreen

Thanks Doreen! I agree, I don't want to be excluding people. So, "GVRD Bandsters"? Since we are meeting in the South-Western part of the GVRD, I'm thinking the name sould be a bit more specific. But, again, don't want to be exluding anyone. This is harder than I would have expected. lol

Cheers, Tim ~

Thanks Doreen! I agree, I don't want to be excluding people. So, "GVRD Bandsters"? Since we are meeting in the South-Western part of the GVRD, I'm thinking the name sould be a bit more specific. But, again, don't want to be exluding anyone. This is harder than I would have expected. lol

Cheers, Tim ~

Names not my forte. Maybe Richmond/Vancouver Bandsters? I think of "Vancouver" as the entire area which includes outlying suburbs. Whatever you pick the name is not as important as your efforts to start a support group.

Awesome job on the weight-loss and your first social outing. That is weird cause I have had a couple of sips of my hubbies pop when nothing else was available to take meds and it does not affect me. I still would not sit and drink a full can but yeah weird. I am feeling great restriction now and can see a big difference in how much I am eating.. Cool that you are starting to walk the weather has been sooo amazing. I love it. Except for today in the rain..

Oh yeah for me I had 3 or 3.5 in from surgery. It may vary so you will know on your first fill what you have in there. I did not notice any restriction untill my second fill when I was at 5 ccs. Now at 5.25 I feel even better restriction. WIll see if it holds up usually after two weeks it is less but am crossing fingers this is it... I know what restriction is now and I am not going back.. You too will soon know what it is. How long before your first fill???

WE still have to meet and have lunch one day here.. We were down there today for costco, Walmart and watched alice in wonderland..

Keep up the awesome work.. Have you started a blog yet. I get so much support from the other bloggers at blogspot. I love it...

Talk soon

Michelle

Hey Michelle,

Oh yeah, major crazziness...in Costco yesterday and my mouth felt dry and stupid me took a very small sip of my daughter's 7up! Wow, what a feeling. Won't ever do that again!

A

Canadagirl33 how are you doing. Haven't seen any postings from you. Will you be at the next meeting now the Olympics are over?

Hi everyone!

So, I took the next step and I have officially created the Saturday support group - Vancouver Bandsters. Starting in April 2010, we will be meeting on the SECOND SATURDAY of each month, at 11:30am. The current location is the Boston pizza restaurant in Ironwood plaza, in South Richmond (But, this will most likely change). I have also created a website (still in progress) for the group. Please visit my site and let me know what you think.

Vancouver Bandsters (Vancouver Bandsters)

Thank you all so very much for your support, especially Doddie for all of your support and motivation to get me to start this group. There are now 7 people who are joining this group, so hopefully we will be able to support each other some more in real life.

Good luck everyone! Cheers ~

Edited by timmmers

Hi everyone!

So, I took the next step and I have officially created the Saturday support group - Vancouver Bandsters. Starting in April 2010, we will be meeting on the SECOND SATURDAY of each month, at 11:30am. The current location is the Boston pizza restaurant in Ironwood plaza, in South Richmond (But, this will most likely change). I have also created a website (still in progress) for the group. Please visit my site and let me know what you think.

Vancouver Bandsters (Vancouver Bandsters)

Thank you all so very much for your support, especially Doddie for all of your support and motivation to get me to start this group. There are now 7 people who are joining this group, so hopefully we will be able to support each other some more in real life.

Good luck everyone! Cheers ~

Well done Tim and thanks. Your new website is fantastic and I look forward to tuning in regularly. If the Lions Gate support group fails, you will likely see me at yours. I referred two bandsters this week to your meeting. I hope they attend to support you.

:frown::thumbup::frown::thumbup:

Well done Tim and thanks. Your new website is fantastic and I look forward to tuning in regularly. If the Lions Gate support group fails, you will likely see me at yours. I referred two bandsters this week to your meeting. I hope they attend to support you.

:frown::thumbup::frown::thumbup:

Thanks Doddie. I have received a few e-mails from some bandsters, so I guess those are the two you referred. I really hope my group works out, but I also really hope your group keeps on going. I definitely did not want to replace any of the groups, but ADD groups to the vancouver area (since we had so few groups, but so many bandsters).

It would be nice to meet you one day. Unfortunately, I just received my summer course schedule, and the ONE and only course I am taking, is on the night of your group!!! But, maybe I can make it to a meeting between semesters (have one week off), or after my semester, as I am graduating in August.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Doddie. I have received a few e-mails from some bandsters, so I guess those are the two you referred. I really hope my group works out, but I also really hope your group keeps on going. I definitely did not want to replace any of the groups, but ADD groups to the vancouver area (since we had so few groups, but so many bandsters).

It would be nice to meet you one day. Unfortunately, I just received my summer course schedule, and the ONE and only course I am taking, is on the night of your group!!! But, maybe I can make it to a meeting between semesters (have one week off), or after my semester, as I am graduating in August.

Doreen

Cheers,

Tim

No worries Tim. You are not responsible for our group going downhill. I think that most of the bandsters live over your way. Let's face it, convenience is half the battle in attending support meetings. I wish you well when you graduate and you find your dream job.

Hi Everyone :wink2:

Thanks for the inquiry Doddie....I have been around a little, but mostly just popping my nose in to make sure everyone is ok. My life has been full of some pretty major changes the last couple of months and I've sort of taken a hiatus from everything. Sadly, looking after myself has taken a backseat as well....stress eating is a terrible thing :) It looks like things are slowly starting to even out so I am looking to get back into the swing of things and put myself a little higher on the list of priorities.

This Wednesday, March 17th is the monthly meeting and I am VERY happy to say that I WILL be there !!! No excuses, no interuptions, I NEED MY MEETING !!!

That said, everyone is welcome to join me at Lion's Gate Hospital anytime around 7pm (as always I should be there by about 6.30). With the weather improving and the days getting longer, hopefully some of you will be able to come out and join me.

Take care everyone and hopefully I'll see some of you on Wednesday.

Patricia

And if I can manage a Saturday in Vancouver I'll try to make it on a day of your meeting Tim, I'm always excited to meet new bandsters !!

Sorry I missed the last North Vancouver meet up. I was once again at work!! I need to be cloned I think!! :frown:

Keep up the posting on here guys!! I have a few clients that really appreciate the comments and suggestions of a seasoned "bandster"!!

Rhonda